So my wife on Second Life has a tool that can control me when I'm not moving?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

AFAIK there are 2 ways this can be done.  First, it could be a simple push tool.  For that to work, the land parcel setting have to allow pushing.  To avoid it, just sit on something.  The second is when people use RLV which is a way that you release control of your avatar to another person.  These tools are used in many BDSM roleplays and usually both people are aware of having these controls "turned on" so to speak.  If you are using an RLV enabled viewer, you should know that.

--Cinn

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

AFAIK there are 2 ways this can be done.  First, it could be a simple push tool.  For that to work, the land parcel setting have to allow pushing.  To avoid it, just sit on something.  The second is when people use RLV which is a way that you release control of your avatar to another person.  These tools are used in many BDSM roleplays and usually both people are aware of having these controls "turned on" so to speak.  If you are using an RLV enabled viewer, you should know that.

--Cinn

• Like 1

Hello, HumanTree

It would be very irresponsible of me to suggest where to buy the things that are essentially griefer tools!

If you have a habit of leaving your avatar inworld while you go afk, also get into the habit of sitting on something.  Your wife can't move you then (although, thinking about it, she can still decorate you!).

There is at least one device that I know of that only requires you to accept an animation request once, and the person who made the request can animate you however they like from that point on until and unless they voluntarily give up that control. But as someone else already said, it's irresponsible for us to give the name of such a device, as it is little more than a griefing tool. Ask your wife to stop, if you don't like it.

There are  huds  that  will let u grab  a  unseated  avi  in a  push enabled  sim  and  move it at  will,  also      if  u hit an  avi  with a  large  high speed  prim  you can move  it  in a  non  push  sim  FYI..     SItting    is  one fo the best  defences  in  so  for many  things

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.