Consignment

funkilicous

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thinking about opening a small consignment store but not really sure how it would work as far as splitting the funds from a sale I can't seem to find any information about it or if its even possible if anyone knows of any way it can be done or have done it before please post any ideas comments or such.

Thanks

Funky

At its simplest, you let ppl rez in your shop and put a commission split script + the boxed object for sale inside inside a prim sign. Money gets paid to owner then a set % to the avatar whose UUID is set with script (usually via a config notecard).

There's an old free one floating around that you should pick up easily enough. I also make one (with a few more bells and whistles and user-friendliness) for art galleries (but can be used for anything) called Curator. Also any comprehensive vendor systems usually have a % split feature as well, but unless you already own one, that could be more expense and overkill than you need.

There are also affiliate sales systems that work in reverse - people give you vendors that you own and rez, which pay them a commission on each sale.

Thank you for a quick response I would be interested in the script you spoke off I like bells and whistles if its for sale IM me in world.  Your ideas and information has been very helpful.

Thanks

Funk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.