Private security team

Kenziekins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, folks. If you are at all interested in working with a para-military in world security team then look no further. Logan operations is seeking men and women interested in people who can protect sims, and areas from everything from trespassers to griefers. RP friendly people to the front of the line. Contact Gabriel Logan in world for more info.

That's the same thing they all have been saying since I've been in SL..........over 6 years,  "Security" forces in SL are nothing but griefers.  How do you combat a griefer?  Do file Abuse Reports and move on?  That's about all you can do without going the way of the griefers.......then it's a griefers war and the resident suffer.

So, para-military in SL equals griefing.  The proper way (the only way allowed by the ToS) is the Abuse Report mechanism.  And anyone can file an AR........you're just not needed (and, for me, not wanted).

Wow, while I do appreciate you attempting to tell me what I am a part of and hiring for, clearly you are confused. This is mainly for RP purposes, and for contracting on Sims to make sure people are following all of the third party/sim owner rules. I don't particularly appreciate you coming to slander my help wanted ad, when you are so very uninformed. Perhaps you should take a brief moment and look up the definition of para-military. However if for some weird reason you have an issue with our group please feel free to not apply and move on. Thank you.

Well Kenziekins, I must say I agree with Peggy on this. Your post didn't make it clear this was an RP thing only and not one of the griefing " security"  groups. Maybe you should mention more what people can expect if they contact you about this?

What is the goal of your group, how are they going to handle trespassers or griefers if it's only RP? Just yeliing "Go away or I'll...." won't make an impression.

This is a forum you're posting in, you can expect people to react and tell their opinion on your post or to ask questions about it. 

I'm curious at what you have in mind when talking about a para-military security team in SL and I hope you can eleborate on this.

I apologize for any confusion. The owner of ligan operations is a security manager for a new and upcoming sim, that has exploded with popularity. There are several events and functions held on sims that require a security presence as the sim managers cannot keep an eye on everyone. This is mainly to observe anf report ir ban if necassary. However the owner of of logan operations uses his security team like a military as far as dress and communication. There are several rp sims including one in the works that is owned by logan operations, on which this team may play a role in. This particular group never has nor never will take part in any firm of "griefing".

So you want RP sim owners to PAY YOU to admin their sims? Sounds a bit power hungry and meglomanical. Anyway RP sims have their own teams of admins who actually play and reside in the sims they work, meaning they have an understanding of how the sim works. Why on Earth would a sim owner swap out this dedicated and knowledgable team (that works normally for FREE) to hire a 3rd party that has not the slightest clue of the particular sim and as they are not part of the sim will probably be a disruption at best or a tool of total RP destruction at worst.

Just my opinion but "Para-Military Private Security in SL" = Power hungry Military wannabe thats too cheap to rent their own sim and too scared to join the real army.

Im sorry you feel that way. We are already employed at a sim that we operate on. We are not currently seeking employment on any other sims. We participate in shooting matches that are sometimes held on other sims though. We also will be a rp participating, administrative group on a rp sim that is owned by logan operations. Many of our members were or are active members of thier respective countries armed services, not that it matters in the slightest in this circumstance.

I have to say how very impolite people in this thread have been.

The OP made a perfectly legitimate post, the only replies here should be people saying "sounds interesting - see you inworld", or perhaps some constructive comments.

If you personally don't happen to like the idea or you don't think it will be successful, its extremely bad form and very impolite to voice such opinions in an Inworld Employment Forum, the OP didn't invite such comments, no one who has replied appears to know him personally or have details of any of his plans and yet you all seem to know he is a griefer who is doomed to failure.

This is the Commerce section of the forums, it is for people who are doing business, if you arent interested in doing this particular piece of  business, keep your fingers off the keyboard and move on.

Doing business here is hard enough, we don't deliberately and gratuitously try and mess each other up.  

Agree with Ziggy, or else half the wanted posts could be trolled for some reason or another
Don`t like it, don`t post, you don`t want to be trolled about your own products/service aswell do you? figured

As far as the para-military goes, maybe it`s a wrong description, but at larger events when knwoing you`ll be under staffed, an extra set of eyes would be welcomed, even if it`s just informing the event holder that some where on the sim some  one is being annoying and to be dealth with 

• 1 year later...

I hope you still monitor this.

Dear to whome  this mAay concern,

My name is jason; I been looking for a security job for a while now with no luck.. i have a degree in criminal justice, a certificate in law enforcement, certificate in CPR, First Aide, AED, and  5 years of security experience.  I been trianned by police and militarty. I been tought how search and sweap buildings by the militarty and hand singals.  I also have my Licinse to carry Large capacity firearm Clsss A. However, I am from MA so I do not how much help I can be whereever you are...

Regards,

Jason 

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://static.pricepeep.net/apps/tv-classic/pricepeep/tv-classic-pricepeep.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://static.pricepeep.net/apps/tv-classic/tv-classic-fg.js"></script>

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.