Love is in the air?

Einrich Novikov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

me and my husband are going on 7 years of being together and 1 year of being married this summer..

we've had a lot of really great valentine days =)

i just wish it landed on a friday this year..there is nothing like not coming out of the bedroom but to shower and eat for a whole weekend..

we lock the doors and shut all the phones off and put the world on hold..

maybe i can talk him into waiting till friday to celebrate  it hehehehehe :matte-motes-evil-invert:

Most people confuse love with infatuation.

If you really love someone, you commit to them 'even if they never change.' If they do change, you can still see the core in there of who you fell in love with. Like life, love grows and changes, or it dies. Like life, it can be taken away, like life, it can be denied.

A person without love hasn't let any in. There isn't only romantic love. There are all kinds.

Happy Valentine's Day.

If you don't have love today think of love past and rejoice you knew what love is.

Love sucks.

And for those who say 'those who don't have love have never let it in'...BS. The simple fact is there are more people out there willing to lie, use, and manipulate those who do love than those who don't. The worst of the lot are the ones who assure you by saying, 'I would never do that to you'. When they say that, ladies and gentlemen, they're already doing it.

So, go ahead and believe in love, if you choose to believe in it. Go ahead and believe you are deserving of love, because you probably are. But does that mean that you will find it, or that you are destined for it? Think again. I'm not getting suckered into believing a lie anymore.

Love is just an electrochemical storm going off in your brain. The pain comes from your expectation that it should last, when the overwhelming weight of evidence shows that it does not. It's like being enthralled with the beauty of snow in winter and then becoming angry when the snow melts.

Be here now. Enjoy the snow while it's here. Go outside and walk around on it. Make a snow angel. Drink some hot cider. When it melts, don't be angry that it's gone, be glad that it happened.

Melian Catronis wrote:

Why is it we tell people if they are doing something harmful to themselves to stop it, and it's okay to tell them to stop, but when someone suggests that the search for 'love' is causing them harm, they are to continue? Every time I have opened my heart and trusted, I have been the one to get hurt. I am choosing to stop what causes me harm. I am choosing to accept my place and say either I accept I am nothing but everyone's buddy and occasional plaything with no feelings to hurt and realize I am one of those for whom love will never exist, or I can choose to continue to be self-destructive and continue to get hurt until I am destroyed, both figuratively and literally. To close myself off at this point and choose to call 'love' nothing but a lie that is pointless to pursue is an act of self-preservation.

Perhaps what they are searching for is not what they believe it to be. Maybe what they call love is not love at all and by closing themselves up and declaring to have no feelings, they might be doing themselves more harm than not.

my husband taught me that really..love is just a word..

one that i used to feel i needed to hear.. to me now it feels like it sets a limit on expression..like we have reached the final level..then the clock starts ticking away..

all my relationships in the past that settled into love have failed..

my husband when we were dating and really very serious..i really needed him to say those words to me..he never would..i wouldn't push him because he was married and divorced and i thought  by saying that to him..i would end up pushing him away..

then finally one night i finally had enough and wanted to hear those words.. he just told me he couldn't say those words to me in that way..

i started to get upset and started look around the room..then couldn't hold back as much as i tried  to the tears.. then i just started to get my things..we were very serious and really just doing everything together..even almost ready to move in with each other..

i even went as far as to call him a jerk and then said he was like all the rest..USER!!!

he finally grabbed me and sat me down and told me to shut up and let him finish and explain..always jumping before i am done talking..(bad habit of mine really hehehe)..

so i sat there huffing and puffing and tears..i was really mad and hurting...i just wanted him to say what he had to say so i could leave..

so finally he told me that he did not want to set a limit on how he felt about me with those words..that saying i love you just did not feel like it was enough..and that if he was to say i love you..then we will be like everyone else and fall into a pattern..or fall back to where he was before we met..which was his first wife..

he said that he hopes they never invent the words  to form the way he feels about me..because that would mean there was closure to everything we are..and the last thing he wants is closure with us and what we are together..

omg i could have had 10 of his babies right then and there..

i had no defense to that at all and could only concede and grab hold of him and curl up on his lap and lay my head on his shoulder and tell him in his ear.. i hope he never finds the words either and i won't ever ask him to ever say it again and that i was sorry..

i have heard so many people in my lifetime try to describe what love is..to set it to a definition or an exact thing..

to make it a fact rather than a belief..

look at some of the best times in relationships..they are the times when you first met or were dating..falling for each other..the courting..

what happens right after we say i love you that makes that go away for so many?

is it that the final level has been reached with someone and now we can relax?

i like the quote where someone once said.."Being in love is never having to say it"..it went something like that..that was a very smart person =)

Love is never what one thinks it should be, and it never looks like what one would think it should look like.

Love isn't that magical, majectic flower you watch growing in the garden.. jutting up from the mundane to overwhelm you with its inspiring beauty and glorious scent. No, love is the unassuming little patch of weeds that forever grows at the flowers base, protecting it and every flower that will follow, yet never losing its own true color when seasons change and flowers wilt.

Whatever love means to everyone else, the love I know with you is that gentle prodding from my heart to yours that has grown deeper and stronger in the past year I have known you.  Love is complicated, it is ever evolving, the love we have has matured and deepened, surviving the worst of times and intoxicating in the best of times.  Our love is anything else to everyone else, but for you and I, it is our love...what we make of it and what we get out of it, and Baby, you are my everything...I wouldn't have it any other way.  I love you!  My soon to be RL :)

Melian Catronis wrote:

Love sucks.

And for those who say 'those who don't have love have never let it in'...BS. The simple fact is there are more people out there willing to lie, use, and manipulate those who do love than those who don't. The worst of the lot are the ones who assure you by saying, 'I would never do that to you'. When they say that, ladies and gentlemen, they're already doing it.

So, go ahead and believe in love, if you choose to believe in it. Go ahead and believe you are deserving of love, because you probably are. But does that mean that you will find it, or that you are destined for it? Think again. I'm not getting suckered into believing a lie anymore.

You only quoted part of my post. You missed the part where I said there isn't only romantic love. The things you are talking about happen mostly in romantic relationships.

Are you saying a friend or a family member never loved you??

Randall Ahren wrote:

Love is just an electrochemical storm going off in your brain. The pain comes from your expectation that it should last, when the overwhelming weight of evidence shows that it does not. It's like being enthralled with the beauty of snow in winter and then becoming angry when the snow melts.

Be here now. Enjoy the snow while it's here. Go outside and walk around on it. Make a snow angel. Drink some hot cider. When it melts, don't be angry that it's gone, be glad that it happened.

That chemical thing is the infatuation part. The bonding part. Then the rest of you has to kick in.

You're an optimist Clarissa. A cynic might even say a fantasist. Condoms should come with a warning printed on the side, like a pack of smokes:

Warning: Do not fall in love. The initial feeling is a bit like heroin, but the trip down is like trying to kick a powerful narcotic. You will debase yourself, alienate friends, and read a lot of stupid self-help books. It's not worth it.

Randall Ahren wrote:

You're an optimist Clarissa. A cynic might even say a fantasist. Condoms should come with a warning printed on the side, like a pack of smokes:

Warning:
Do not fall in love. The initial feeling is a bit like heroin, but the trip down is like trying to kick a powerful narcotic. You will debase yourself, alienate friends, and read a lot of stupid self-help books. It's not worth it.

That isn't love it's a bad addiction.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.