Dashboard>vid tutorials> "We are experiencing some problems. Please stand by while we try to"?

Zinnia Gossamer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok on my account dashboard, I get an error message under video tutorials stating "We are experiencing some problems.  Please stand by while we try to figure out what happened.  If you continue to see this message ,  please contact support."  Well, I have been continuing to recieve this message, so now I contacted.   Also, while I got your eyes anyway, how about the area under feeds where my most recent is "CEO Rodvik Humble shares highlights from 2011 and his outlook for 2021"?  when is this gonna get updated?  OK, no big problems, just a heads up as (I think) was requested...........thanks, Zinnia

2 answers to this question

While you wait for Support to fix the problem with the accessing of video tutorials, you can find some of the Second Life video tutorials also at youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Secondlife?ob=0

You can see the latest public information from Rodvik Linden, CEO, along with a very lively discussion about the possibility of returning to a system of last names for new account registrations, at https://my.secondlife.com/rodvik.linden

• Like 1

From the wording it is not clear to me whether you think posting here is contacting support or you actually filed a trouble ticket, which is what is meant by contacting support. Forgive me if you did understand that the forum is not support. Many new people make that mistake.

Also, it is not clear if you are going to your account dashbaord via the internal browser in the viewer or your extenal browser. Recently Google's Chrome has had some problems with some videos. Firefox and IE handle them without error.

The suggestion that Rod get us some new news is humorious to those of us that have been around SL for a time. As you have more experience with Linden Lab you'll come to see why users would think the suggestion ironicly funny.

The comment also suggests to me that you are considering the forum a way to communicate directly with the Lab. It is true that some Lindens read the forum. However, it is not the best way to contact them. 

If you are interested in reading whats happening in SL in regard to the SL system and software follow Inara Pey's and/or my blog.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.