I open the viewer and just have a black screen. I just installed it and I am using windows 7.

Swift0H

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I open my viewer and all I get is a black screen where I'm supposed to login. I have Windows 7 and I just installed the viewer. I just need to know if I can fix it or have to install something else for it to work?

Black Screen

This is what it is, in case it's different from others. Probably not, just wondering though.

5 answers to this question

I suggest you check your system specs against the System Requirements | Second Life.

From Windows' Start Search you can run dxdiag to get your system spec's. A bit easier to read are two free programs that provide the same and more information; CPU-Z and GPU-Z.

If you are unsure how well it matches or the whole thing is too geeky for you, post the specs here. Video card brand+model and driver version are needed. The OpenGL version is needed. Amount of RAM, CPU...

Hello Swift0H and welcome to SL Forums. Seems like a graphics issue. As already mentioned download the last drivers for your graphics card (assuming that your system meets the requirements for SL):

If this doesn't fix your issue, try a different viewer:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer​_Directory

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.