Jump to content
Martin Emerald

Progeny Vampire System

Recommended Posts


Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

Well it may be true that I am 
delusional in that sense, However, it is not going to stop me bringing Progeny to peoples attention at every opportunity i get, both inworld and out. Call it what you will, but I will not be bullied into ignoring such things just because you "players" do not like what I say. Give me a real way to opt out of you pathetic system and as I have said before, I will leave you all alone, until that happens, I will not give you an easy meal and I hope others will do the same, reducing you to the Noob feeding grounds that you are truly at home at! 

And, as Lachiel (The Sauce) has said on this very forum, it creates publicity for his game, an unfortunate side effect but one I am sure he likes, so as this thread continues into yet another day, please keep the comments on my mental state coming.......

Who's bullying you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

you "players"

Hahahahah!!! I thought you understood... I do not play Progeny (I had to make sure I was spelling that correctly, because in the last few posts wherein I mentioned it, I spelled it Prodigy, then had to go back and change it... lol).

Honestly, Goose Yoots, I really want someone to give me a rationally acceptable explanation as to how Progeny is actually harmful to anyone... and, by that, I mean actual harm, as opposed to simply disturbing your and a few other's sensibilities.  If you, or anyone else, can convince me of actual harm being done, I may be willing to change my mind completely on the matter.

...Dres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:


Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

Well it may be true that I am 
delusional in that sense, However, it is not going to stop me bringing Progeny to peoples attention at every opportunity i get, both inworld and out. Call it what you will, but I will not be bullied into ignoring such things just because you "players" do not like what I say. Give me a real way to opt out of you pathetic system and as I have said before, I will leave you all alone, until that happens, I will not give you an easy meal and I hope others will do the same, reducing you to the Noob feeding grounds that you are truly at home at! 

And, as Lachiel (The Sauce) has said on this very forum, it creates publicity for his game, an unfortunate side effect but one I am sure he likes, so as this thread continues into yet another day, please keep the comments on my mental state coming.......

Who's bullying you?

How come I just pictured myself stuffing little boys into school lockers? :smileyvery-happy:

...Dres *would never do such a thing*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

 Give me a real way to opt out of you pathetic system and as I have said before, I will leave you all alone, until that happens, I will not give you an easy meal and I hope others will do the same, reducing you to the Noob feeding grounds that you are truly at home at! 
...

Ok, I'm going to give you some honest scenarios here, and I'd really love to know how you feel about them. Please keep in mind that I am NOT part of any of the vampire rp that exists in sl, except that at one time years ago , I allowed a friend to take my soul and use my blood in bloodlines, for his own amusement. I have never, nor have I any desire to ever, participate in the actual rp, or any system, for my own purposes. So, I'm not coming at this from a biased perspective, as I don't necessarily support any of the systems of rp that exist within sl, ebcause I don't participate in them, lol. :)

If I saw you on a sim, wearing a hud I had created for myself, that allows me to click a button and virtually do something to you...kick your butt, flick a booger on you, hug you, wave, sing and dance in circles around you, bite you, throw you on a fire and cook you, toss marshmallows in your hair, whatever else have you....BUT you did not know I clicked said button, and I did not say a word to you about doing so, nor did anything spout out in open chat about my action...would it affect you negatively?

Now, take the same scenario, except now, I m standing right next to you, you know I m there. But, again, you don't know that I m wearing this hud. I click a button, choose an action, and don't tell you. Would that affect you negatively?

Again, relatively same scenario, except this time, my action is spouted out into local chat. You see it, but I don't say a word to you. I go about my day. Would that negatively affect you? If so, what would you do about it?

Now lets take those scenarios and pretend my hud adds your name to some list, somewhere. Going back to the scenarios where you have no clue I've clicked this action, and the only indication that I have done so, is on my list, somewhere on the 'net, listin you by your avatar name, and nothing more. Does knowing your name is on the list affect your feelings towards my action?

Why am I asking this? Because such huds, have existed for longer than you've been in sl. You've likely fallen victim to them numerous times, without your knowledge. I've tested such huds myself. Never to the point where I m actually disturbing anyone's space-unless I tell them about it. Never to the point where I am actually interacting with, or requiring the interaction of, other avatars. In fact, no one likely knows I am even there. No one ever knows I have done it, or am doing it, unless I tell them. Those I have told, or used huds that actually tell them in local chat about the action, have never reacted in a negative way. In fact, some folks find it funny, and those that don't, have never said otherwise. Granted, I have never used one that adds someone to some list. I've never even tested one that does. I've never used it as a griefing tool, or anything like that. But, I have also never seen anyone react in such a maner to an action they don't even know has happened, is happening, or will happen, unless it involves vampire huds. So, I am honestly curious, not just trying to be a smartass here. I am wondering what really feeds this negative and emotionaly charged response I see here. Is it the list? Is it the mere idea that people can do things, using their own imaginations, without your knowledge of them happening? I don't understand, but I'd like to. 

My point may not be clear to you, because you're, seemingly very angry about this system and what it does, or rather what you perceive it does. I do understand that. What I don't understand, is why you're angry, or rather, why you believe others should(or would) also be angry about things they don't even know happen.

I'm not judging, just curious at what kind of damage you think is really being done to you, your avatar, your sl experience, and such things. I suppose I might understand the anger if it's something you know is happening, well, I'd understandin irritation at someone simply annoying you with their actions if it's right out there in the public, local chat, or in ims to you when you'd rather they not contact you. It's the anonymous nature that throws a wrench into things for me, I suppose.

Maybe you can explain it better, because all of this tit for tat, back and forth, let's grab the torches and hang all the folks who do thins anonymously verbaage(that is how it comes off, lol) doesn't exactly help explain your anger, or your position.

Oh, and ignore typos, I'm not going back to fix them right now, my TTS is malfunctioning and I don't wanna deal with it atm :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actual harm to my avi on my side...none. Harm to the one using the hud..well......in their mind everyone not wearing one of the huds is an object to them...depersonalizes them...that can be damaging to them.

For me, what annoys me is that this hud is perdicated on the premise that it is an aid to RP. It should be used as such, which includes INTERACTION with their "victim", someone who wants to RP. Use something as simple as /me slips up behind X and starts to feed. She then wipes the memory of the feed, leaving a memory of a pleasant kissing session.

Simple RP lines among consenting RPers. Perhaps I'm a bit of an RP purist, but to me, RP means interaction. RP isn't randomly using a hud to keep stats up for a game. Might as well play Tiny Empires if that's all you're going to do. RP requires thoughtful interaction between consenting players. In fact, if any of the Progeny players are interested, I teach RP classes and I'd be happy to teach your group RP 101. I'm an admin in an RP sim and have played there for over 5 years as various races on alts including a Malkavian, Tzimisce and Toreador vampier as in VTM, so I'm not some novice.

If the users of these huds think that this makes them RPers rather than just button pushers for instant gratification, I feel sorry for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At last!

Thank you Bobbie!

Someone that sees the most valid point about Progeny players!

This is the thing that gets me most, not the game, the type of player!.

I really do not understand how, when something is sold to us (or given away) as RP, that the members of Progeny feel the need to go around feeding of unsuspecting members of the SL public in secret with NO RP INVOLVED. Surely, if they feel the need to do that they are, shall we say, odd at least?

The other thing, on a highly personal note, and one that has been mentioned by a few people here about me, is yes, I do have an axe to grind with certain players in Progeny. Some of them are arrogant, untrustworthy and have double standards, all points which I do not like. That said, I have found some members of Progeny to be really nice people but I would say the ratio is about 1 in 100.

Most Progeny members that I have had dealings with are failed Bloodlines players, ones that cannot afford to really play a refined, well thought out system, so they choose one that will cause annoyance to others as a kind of payback for their own failings.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Bobbie Faulds wrote:

Actual harm to my avi on my side...none. Harm to the one using the hud..well......in their mind everyone not wearing one of the huds is an object to them...depersonalizes them...that can be damaging to them.

Which is none of your business.

 


Bobbie Faulds wrote:

For me, what annoys me is that this hud is perdicated on the premise that it is an aid to RP. It should be used as such, which includes INTERACTION with their "victim", someone who wants to RP. Use something as simple as /me slips up behind X and starts to feed. She then wipes the memory of the feed, leaving a memory of a pleasant kissing session.

Simple RP lines among consenting RPers. Perhaps I'm a bit of an RP purist, but to me, RP means interaction. RP isn't randomly using a hud to keep stats up for a game. Might as well play Tiny Empires if that's all you're going to do. RP requires thoughtful interaction between consenting players. In fact, if any of the Progeny players are interested, I teach RP classes and I'd be happy to teach your group RP 101. I'm an admin in an RP sim and have played there for over 5 years as various races on alts including a Malkavian, Tzimisce and Toreador vampier as in VTM, so I'm not some novice.

If the users of these huds think that this makes them RPers rather than just button pushers for instant gratification, I feel sorry for them.

Feel sorry for them all you wish... it's still none of your business and doesn't negatively affect you in any way, shape or form.  As such, who the hell are you or anyone else to tell someone how they should conduct themselves as long as their conduct has no directly negative effect on you?

That being said, I've always wanted to take a class in roleplaying, because I've often thought of doing it, but have never really felt comfortable in my ability to do so... if for no other reason than I'd never tried to before.  I'd love to attend one of your classes, even if I never have the chance to put what you teach me into practice.  Could you please send me a scheduled or something?

Thanks ...Dres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

At last!

Thank you Bobbie!

Someone that sees the most valid point about Progeny players!

This is the thing that gets me most, not the game, the type of player!.

I really do not understand how, when something is sold to us (or given away) as RP, that the members of Progeny feel the need to go around feeding of unsuspecting members of the SL public in secret with NO RP INVOLVED. Surely, if they feel the need to do that they are, shall we say, odd at least?

The other thing, on a highly personal note, and one that has been mentioned by a few people here about me, is yes, I do have an axe to grind with certain players in Progeny. Some of them are arrogant, untrustworthy and have double standards, all points which I do not like. That said, I have found some members of Progeny to be really nice people but I would say the ratio is about 1 in 100.

Most Progeny members that I have had dealings with are failed Bloodlines players, ones that cannot afford to really play a refined, well thought out system, so they choose one that will cause annoyance to others as a kind of payback for their own failings.

 

Oh please, I don't believe for a second that your issues with Progeny have any sort of correlation with the opinions which Bobbie voiced... simply because, not once before she expressed her opinions had your argument consisted of anything even remotely similar to that which she stated.

And yet, even her objection to the system merits no rational counteraction.  They are apparently not doing you, nor anyone else, any harm whatsoever... because, if they were, you'd be able to provide us with, if not convincing evidence, at least an explanation of how they've made your life so very torturous.

...Dres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's all sorts of things that people do in SL that I think are a waste of time and money, or morally questionable, or potentially psychologically harmful, and some people probably think the same of some stuff I do for fun.   However, SL works on the basis that, unless RL laws are potentially being broken or other people's enjoyment of SL being affected, we all of us simply get on with doing what we enjoy doing and leave others to do the same.

I don't see what these Progeny people are doing as being akin to role-playing, either.   To my mind, it's more akin to train-spotting.   But what of it?   They aren't disrupting your role-playing, so why not just leave them to get on with their button-pressing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Innula Zenovka wrote:

There's all sorts of things that people do in SL that I think are a waste of time and money, or morally questionable, or potentially psychologically harmful, and some people probably think the same of some stuff I do for fun.   However, SL works on the basis that, unless RL laws are potentially being broken or other people's enjoyment of SL being affected, we all of us simply get on with doing what we enjoy doing and leave others to do the same.

I don't see what these Progeny people are doing as being akin to role-playing, either.   To my mind, it's more akin to train-spotting.   But what of it?   They aren't disrupting your role-playing, so why not just leave them to get on with their button-pressing?

Actually Innula brought up a point I didn't want to, that being people rp all kinds of things I dont personally enjoy or think is a waste of time too. I still dont think my opinion or my desires trump theirs. So long as they are not blatantly annoying me. Its very likely Ive been bitten by someone with a progeny hud too, I don't really care though. They aren't bothering me, and until they do, they can keep on keeping on as they so wish.

In fact, I rp something that many find annoying or even downright creepy. Most would say its not rp at all, probably. But I enjoy it and I dont harm anyone else while doing it either even if its not something they like, want to see or want to hear.

I have prim babies-and no they dont talk out in public as in chat in local, but they do make noises. I dont take them places one wouldn't expect to see a mom with her kids. But I have taken them lots of other places, including shopping and I've gotten plenty of comments from folks who dislike that kind of rp. For me, its no skin off my nose if they dont like it. If a sim owner doesn't tell me to leave, then I wont, not based off someones dislike for my babies, my rp, or anything else I am doing. The fact that you dont agree with another persons style of rp doesn't make you the god or godess of rp, lol. It just means you don't share the same interests, simple as that. If I want to believe that everyone else around me is part of my rp, while not actually causing them to interract with me, I should be able to. That means if I am in a store with my kids in a stroller, not bothering you, not talking to you and not interrupting your experience in any way, other than your own personal beef with my "style" of rp....then guess what....any complaints you might have, will fall on deaf(no offense meant to anyone, lack of better terminology on my part) ears and no one is going to understand why youre all butthurt about it.

I've had people complain to store owners, sim managers, and such. Guess what? They don't care either, because I'm not hurting anyone. Even if my interactions arent with another person, therefore, not your ideal definition of rp, they are still *my* rp, and I like it. I've taken them to sims while I build, taken them to stores, taken them to all kinds of public sims, and never once have I ever been asked to leave, not once. But, people that have complained, have been asked to leave. Why do you suppose that is? I seriously doubt its because my rp "isn't really rp", but rather because I'm not the one being a nuisance. I think its arrogant to assume your own opinion of rp is the sole way one can properly rp, but thats just a personal opinion. Aside from thinkint its arrogant, I dont often think less of folks who believe their way is always the right way, unless theyre jerks about it, in which case I'm human and I will judge too.

Again sorry with the typos, but legal blindness and typing dont always go hand in hand without the right aids. :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teri, sweety, I've been meaning to tell you this... I hate you!

I mean, honestly... you come here and write these long-winded posts that make so much sense, I've no option but to sit here and read every single word.  Don't you think I have better things to do than sit here and absorb your sensible reasoning?

I sincerely hope you don't intend on attending Hippie's grand Hippiestock party the Saturday after next, because, if you do, I'll be forced to accost you with accolades upon your arrival... how embarrassing would that be?

...Dres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Innula Zenovka wrote:

There's all sorts of things that people do in SL that I think are a waste of time and money, or morally questionable, or potentially psychologically harmful, and some people probably think the same of some stuff I do for fun.   However, SL works on the basis that, unless RL laws are potentially being broken or other people's enjoyment of SL being affected, we all of us simply get on with doing what we enjoy doing and leave others to do the same.

I don't see what these Progeny people are doing as being akin to role-playing, either.   To my mind, it's more akin to train-spotting.   But what of it?   They aren't disrupting your role-playing, so why not just leave them to get on with their button-pressing?

Doesn't it just smell to coffee?

...Dres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For your benefit Dresden, here are my previous comments on the topic that Bobbie has bought up. Most posted before she spoke! ‎

05-06-201412:00 AM Secondly, the game its self is supposed to be played by RPer's, not the dimwits i have had dealing with who make no attempt to RP a bite or any other action come to that. (even their lovemaking is below par, lol)

‎05-07-201412:43 AM It was lauded at its concept as the only true RP vampire game, but the RP that has been seen been seen by myself is thin at best, and in most cases, non existent

‎08-23-201410:48 PM Ever since that day, I have seen nothing but bickering and in house fighting come out of Progeny. The role play that the game promised is all but non existent and the majority of players are egotistical pond life. (my apologies to any real pond life for the anachronism)

‎01-03-201509:31 PM "Progeny and it's ilk have reduced everyone other than those also wearing that meter to fodder for their game rather than someone to interact with."

That, Bobby, is one of the main reasons I am against this game. The whole thing was supposed to be a RP tool, the hud being just an aid to RP.

‎01-05-201509:02 PM So us Avatars are to you, nothing at all, not people worth interacting with, just an object for you to use for your own advantage?

PERHAPS, you may like to study a thread before commenting in future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Teri, sweety, I've been meaning to tell you this... I hate you!

I mean, honestly... you come here and write these long-winded posts that make so much sense, I've no option but to sit here and read every single word.  Don't you think I have better things to do than sit here and absorb your sensible reasoning?

I sincerely hope you don't intend on attending Hippie's grand Hippiestock party the Saturday after next, because, if you do, I'll be forced to accost you with accolades upon your arrival... how embarrassing would that be?

...Dres

Haha, why thank you...and yes, everyone hates the long posts. 

But, that made me smile, so, thank you :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

barely literate??

get back to your banjo playing ( as in the film deleverence )

welcome to your worse nightmare fool

 

i take such personal comments very serious as you will find out

 

stipendium peccati mors est

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


RevengingAngel1 wrote:

barely literate??

get back to your bango playing ( as in the film deleverence )

welcome to your worse nightmare fool

 

i take such personal comments very serious as you will find out

 

stipendium peccati mors est

Skitt's law applies.   It's "banjo", not "bango".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, here is an example....i was talking to a friend about Progeny in local chat in a public sim. I was explaining my concerns about how the system works, and apparently some Progeny players overheard the conversation. Within 5 minutes i recieved a series of threatening IM's telling me to stop talking about Progeny or they would make my SL a living hell. I told them that i had the right to talk about whatever i felt like talking about. After a few more minutes 3 Progeny players rezzed in the sim and began to physically attack my avi with followers an bumpers, and that of the friend i was talking to. I have even been warned off by a member of the Progeny high council...all because i was exposing their "secret".

These people are so worked up about their secret clans and secret methods that they cant stand a non-player even having knowledge of how it all works. True, bites do no physical harm, but when even mentioning them in public brings on griefer attacks, then something is seriously wrong with the mentality of the game.

Also, Dres, something that seems to elude you is this notion of principle. You dont get how worked up people are about this, but yet you yourself are worked up enough about our opinions for you to keep posting about it here. You say we should just ignore them, so why dont you just ignore us? We have just as much right to our opinions and viewpoints as you do. Your opinion is not wrong, and neither is mine. For ME, Progeny is a problem, for YOU, it isnt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Cleo.   That's something that I, as an administrator for a large group of entertainment sims can understand.    We're used to dealing with griefers, whether they're simply making a nuisance of themselves in general or targetting a particular person.      

But if the incident you describe had taken place on one of our sims, the incident report I'd have seen would describe how you complained to one of our managers about these people griefing you and the manager had intervened and eventually ARd  and banned them.   

That is, they'd clearly been making a nuisance of themselves, so our manager would have something with which to deal.    But if, unbeknown to you, they'd just been hanging round the sim quietly clicking their buttons, or whatever they do, and telling each other in IMs they were being vampires but not annoying anyone else, no one would have anything to complain about, to my mind, so we'd have no reason to intervene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well thats the thing about this that bothers me...the fact that at least some of them are willing to grief in order to protect their little secret game. They act like "how DARE you have knowledge of what we do", as though none of us are capable of doing a bit of online research, or have friends that used to be progeny, but left for whatever reason. In one conversation, a progeny council member asked me for proof that i know the bites were being done without permission, and i told her the truth..that i have a friend who used to be progeny, and still has a HUD. I was scanned and told that i had been bitten at least once and was near death, and was never given a bite request like BL would do. This council member didnt say a word to me afterwards, but she acted as though stunned by the news that knowledge of their system was availble to non-players. The sheer arrogance amazes me. The friend who assisted me with this has been subjected to repeated griefing attacks by progeny vampires, and so has her ex-liege, even as recently as yesterday. Progeny needs to have a way to discipline their own members who get out of control like this, but it seems as though their leadership is totally cool with this sort of behavior.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so you don't like the sheer arrogance of some, or that they don't think of you as more than another character in their little game, or don't think of you as a person(in your opinion). That makes sense, but, you're forgetting that this same sheer arrogance exists in all sorts of communities, not just within this particular brand of rp, or group. Bloodlines players have had a bad rap for years because of the actions of some of those players. Gorean roleplay often gets a bad rap because of bad experiences some have had with, or even just around, some of those players(and while I'd rather not delve into that old chestnut, many gor players do see others as merely objects of conquest as well, though not all, so not all deserve to be lumped into that group, despite the fact that I'm nto a fan of that style of rp). Thinking of others as nothing more than another pawn in your game, is not exclusive to progeny, nor any individual's type of rp.

I get that folks don't like it, it's the level of butthurt I see here that makes no sense. And if no one can explain it better, people are going to continue to think you're a looney toon and off your rocker. You can't blame people for having that opinion, when you can't explain yourself better. Arrogance of others to assume things about you(ie, that you want to join in their rp unwillingly, without any thought put towards them) just doesn't strike me as something to be this up in arms about. Still, I understand not liking it, not supporting it, and not wanting it anywhere near you. But, yeah, this whole "let's make a list and brandish them all asses, ban the entire lot" seems as extreme as some other things we've seen over the years. People thought those other instances, and those other folks with similar agendas and thought processes, were looney toons too. I can see why people come to that conclusion.  

I'd, personally, much rather not come to that conclusion, but you're not exactly leaving folks with much choice when your only explanation is "arrogance and ignorance", considering how much that abounds in life, sl too, and you're not butthurt over every other instance of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I cant speak for the others but you might have missed the part where i said that my avi and that of at least one friend of mine has been subjected to physical griefing over this thing. That goes far beyond just being "butthurt" over being unknowingly exploited by an RP game. Also, i dont really care what goes on with other RP groups...Progeny is the subject of this thread. BL doesnt bite without knowledge or permission, and Gor doesnt do anything at all without RLV, so you cant really compare them to what Progeny does.

Of course you arent going to understand the level of frustration (or butthurt in your language), that many of us experience because, to put it plainly, you arent us. You are a unique individual with your own way of looking at things, and so is everyone else.  Naturally, not everyone sees things the same way, but you can at least give us a bit of credit for being concerned even if you dont "get it".

having a different opinion of viewpoint isnt being looney, its just being different. If someone wants to call me crazy because i see a problem that they dont see, then thats fine. Im not here to please them.

As far as a ban list is concerned, sim owners can do what they want. If they want to ban people who have purple hair, then thats their business. If they want to ban all Progeny because of what they might or might not do, then again, thats their decision. Personally, i think a better alternative would be some sort of a countermeasure for non players, as i mentioned before. The FS viewer has the ability to scan and locate active Progeny fangs, so why the hell cant someone create a personal Progeny detection HUD that can locate Progeny, do self scans, and possibly even prevent bites from happening. Some scripter out there should be able to manage it. I really think this would be the best overall method to dealing with the problem because it would give those of us who are aware of Progeny the ability to defend ourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


CleoSertorii wrote:

 I cant speak for the others but you might have missed the part where i said that my avi and that of at least one friend of mine has been subjected to physical griefing over this thing.

Did you file an Abuse Report?

 


CleoSertorii wrote:

  The FS viewer has the ability to scan and locate active Progeny fangs, so why the hell cant someone create a personal Progeny detection HUD that can locate Progeny, do self scans, and
possibly even prevent bites from happening.

Probably not.


CleoSertorii wrote:

 Some scripter out there should be able to manage it.

You could hire a Scripter to make one for you down in the 'employment' section.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Inworld-Employment/bd-p/InworldEmployment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have filed several AR's, so we'll see what happens. I am already checking on the possability of someone making me a detector/scanner. I know that outright preventing bites isnt likely, but if the official Progeny HUD can scan and detect other progeny, im sure it is possible for someone else to make one as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


CleoSertorii wrote:

 I cant speak for the others but you might have missed the part where i said that my avi and that of at least one friend of mine has been subjected to physical griefing over this thing. That goes far beyond just being "butthurt" over being unknowingly exploited by an RP game. Also, i dont really care what goes on with other RP groups...Progeny is the subject of this thread. BL doesnt bite without knowledge or permission, and Gor doesnt do anything at all without RLV, so you cant really compare them to what Progeny does.

 

Actually my reply wasn't to you personally, it was a general one, I happened to hit the wrong reply button, as I stated earlier in the thread, I'm legally blind and sometimes without the proper tools, I literally can't see **bleep**, and type/click blindly. :)

Have you read all of the other replies so far? If not, you should, you might just understand precisely why some people come off as more looney than others, when they can't even say explain what it is that bothers them. You have explained what bothers you, quite plainly now, yet others cannot. So, I'm going to still sit baffled by the level of butthurt some people show(and yes it does seem excessive, without explanation)

Being actually griefed, is not the same as someone going about their business, doing something you have absolutely no knowledge of, without your consent, a massive difference even. Some of these replies in the thread read as if the mere existance of progeny is a mortal sin and ought to be abolished, because it is the worst thing on the planet, just because some of those folks are asshats. I agree, they are. What I don't get is why this level of anger towards one specific type of rp, based on the answers we have seen thus far, isn't geared towards other types of rp that have players who are just as bad, if not worse. If others would actually explain, it would help, but they're not. All I have seen, aside from your answer, is people saying they dislike the arrogance some players have in regards to how they rpo, because theyr're not actually involving the people they bite.

Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion. I am also entitled to wonder why one person gets to dictate what is "real rp" for everyone, too, and I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


CleoSertorii wrote:

The FS viewer has the ability to scan and locate active Progeny fangs, so why the hell cant someone create a personal Progeny detection HUD that can locate Progeny, do self scans, and possibly even prevent bites from happening. Some scripter out there should be able to manage it. I really think this would be the best overall method to dealing with the problem because it would give those of us who are aware of Progeny the ability to defend ourselves.

How do you detect active Progeny fangs with Firestorm?

The only way in LSL you can detect any sort of attachment is by receiving messages from the attachment -- either because it's sending them to you because it wants to tell you it's there  or because you know the channel on which it broadcasts and are listening in on it.

If you know the channel any experienced scripter could make you something to tell you who nearby was using Progeny huds, but the problem is that Progeny could easily issue an update that used a different channel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...