Martin Emerald

Progeny Vampire System

It's all about the money. This system when started was suppose to be always free, well I've left that system, as well as SL for the most part. I only stay now because I have a shop, and do like to build from time to time. It's all changed since the original poster started this  topic. I've lost a great many friends due to this game system. It's become a solid money pit  for the SIM, and etc. The newly developement team is a true waste. They have only moved up in the system due to the amount of money they have donated and etc. So if people would be smart, (which some aren't), they would forget progeny exists, that game will always be about money like so many other things in SL. Yes I'm still in Bloodlines, but don't bother with it. Trust me when I say, you'll lose friends that claim they'll never do anything to hurt you. For the most part I lived my vampire life in there as an outcast even in a family, then bashed them on their own forums, and website to get kicked out for good. It felt great after two years of constant nagging drama. Nothing improves unless you pay for it. So upon being banned from them for good. I've deleted the LMs, the HUD, fangs, and etc. Progeny is  truly a trap and a waste of time. For a few months the creator couldn't even keep the website up and running. It was being hacked over and over again. Probably some disgrunted ex friend of the source. Who knows, and who really cares. I've reconnected with those that have left progeny, and we talk from time to time but that's that. As far as I'm concerned progeny is the worse system ever created, and I've been reported from the forums for flaming, funny. Only thing I've ever flamed was Progeny, and I'll probably be reported again which to me is no biggie, I'll just cancel my subscription to SL, and forget it's existence. I spend my days now playing Star Wars:The Old Republic. Where there even the children mentality is stronger because it's just the internet. People say and do stupid things to make themselves feel better.

Its a sad loss to SL and the Vampire world that a game system can be bad enough to make you leave Lady S, and I say that with some emotion. I too have seen what Progeny can do first hand, turning family against family, brother against sister, ect ect. If it were not for the few REAL friends that I have made in SL i would have quit over it too, the pain it brings is hard to deal with, that is for sure.

However, recently, to be fair, I have been actively seeking to join the PV system, after discovering that NOT ALL the players are morale less assholes. I was lucky to come across a clan that  seem actually decent and with a structure that is not based around what money i can bring in or what my BL soul count will do for their status, quite unlike Ravens Claw huh?

And that i guess is the problem with so many clans, they are run by egotistical tyrants hence why they are attracted to The Sauce (another deliberate miss spelling lol) who hide behind the sham of being fair and polite, but anyway, that's just my personal feelings on the matter, for what its worth.

Its quite funny, that after my public announcement on Facebook that I intended to seek to join Progeny, the first thing that happens is I get banned from PV land, lol........like that really was ever gonna hurt me? but it does go to show that they are still intent on keeping little feuds going, in the hope no doubt it will generate publicity, such as this thread. 

So Lady S, I wish you well, indeed I hope that maybe you will find the same peace that I have now found on SL, and that you continue to be so vocal about things as indeed I will also.

Love, Snow xxxx

thats so intersting Snow, my (ex-cousin) was going to gt me into PV (why i dont know i have morals as a clan leader), so i decided to go and find out more as is states on their website, only to be then told my the ex-cousin "you going to the sim has almost fully made you joining impossible" odd that when publicly they had golbaly put out and invite.

i really think the "gravy dude" needs to get his act together and decide what the hell the fool wants.... you cant invite peeps only to then decide that taking up the invite would bar you from being accepted.

Hehe, wonders if he does the same happens when if he has a party in RL and sends out invites to friends (IF he has any)

"HERE YOUR INVITE< BUT IF YOU TURN UP YOUR NOT GETTING IN SEE YE... LOVE GRAVY"

I hang out at one of the social gathering sims, and i see progeny vampires come in all of the time to feed on unsuspecting new residents. Apparently, they got me too at some point, beause i read as "clammy" or "very pale". I don't personally have anything against people RP'ing as vampires, but this idea of being fed on without even knowing about it just bugs the hell out of me. I've even been threatened by a progney because i dared to say something about it in local chat. What i would really like to see is someone come up with a progeny detector for us non-progeny players, so we can self-scan for bite activity and spot anyone out there with an active progeny HUD. If progeny wants to be realistic, their victims need to have at least a chance at defending themselves.

There use to be a HUD we had, not sure what it is now, or if it even exists, it use to detect others within 2 meters of your avatar. They used it during the last war they had in there.  though not being involved anymore. It's hard to say, and to your reply Snow. It was a bunch of things that made me stop logging into SL so much. I found out RL takes 1st, and sadly even though SL does still continue to grow. Some like me would rather spend that time in RL, and or playing a video game like Star Wars The Old Republic. Plus for me who doesn't really delete true friends off my list. It grew to be just that. I've had names there that haven't logged in years. They just deleted the exe, and gave up on second life, but yet I kept them for that just incase. So now for some of the friends I've made there. I've added them to Facebook, so that we could chat, or skype, but rarely do I even use those. Unless I'm making up stories about my star war characters. Giving them a backstory and a life. I don't even know if I'm sim banned from the PV Sim, wouldn't honestly break my heart. Isn't the first one, and sure as hell wouldn't be the last sim I've been banned from. In the past I was banned from all RC Lands. Which I find funny because before my departure there, I was welcomed into the RC Clan under Parth, but just went blah, and went off on their website and got myself banned, Anyone that still remained in that game was deleted off my friends list. I just grew tired of the constant headaches, and complaining. For years everyone told me there was suppose to be slayers, lycans, etc and nothing. We kept getting told "Soon", well soon didn't come fast enough for some of my friends, and they just deleted the entire thing, left SL and gave up. For others, well they still hide in the game under alts, and they can't say they don't. That was the true reason that game was designed to stop all the alts from joining. But there is never a fool proof way to stop that unless you MAC IP Ban, then what good would it do honestly? I don't miss much in SL, it really never changes, info hubs are the frequent feeding grounds for those in the game. Pickin on noobs use to be fun, but grew bored with it. I use to DJ, gave up because I just couldn't stand the managers, owners, etc. Owning my shop was just a pipe dream that I kept going to keep my currency in SL so I didn't have to use much RL Money in there. SL was just a means of an escape for me from RL, and now I don't have too. Like I said before, I still venture into SL, just not on a daily basis, I've got to much going on in star wars to care what SL cliche is going on. Friends that I've had were partnered, are now partnered to someone new, it's like a dying old soap opera in there. Star wars isn't much better, but at least I keep chat turned off, play my class story missions, and go about my own way in there. I do try to help out, but that's rare now a days. I keep SL now mostly so I can build when I get the desire too, but I don't really have the desire. All those lindens wasted on an avatar that is now dusty. LOL.

That, Cleo, has long been something that i have asked for, a detector (one that we could pay for) or just some way for non players to remove themself from the world of Progeny, however, that is not about to happen any time soon is it? My only answer is "if you can't beat em, join em" hardly ideal i know, but what else can we do?

It does make you wonder about The Sauce's mentality dosn't it? I mean, ok its a secret game, so he puts a link from his games website to an inworld place, and if you use it you get banned......is it me or is that a bit. er, dumb?

Well, I wish you well Lady S,

however, i cannot help but think that you would do well to try to reform what is a broken system, from the inside, as I am going to try to do (please remember, as I do, that not everyone is an **bleep** in Progeny, they can't be right?)

My veiw is that most of the troubles are due to the clan leaders, their egos are overiding the games intentions, and making us "little people" seem worthless.

I don't usually necropost, but had to chime in here. Basically, what they are doing is using SL avis that are not in they're playing system and NPC's, ie nonplayer "dummies" that are used for their game. Think like the extras in a movie or TV that you see in the background. As far as they are concerned, you are just there to feed their game. I don't know about it and can do nothing about it. As reprehensible as a system is that treats players in SL as "things", there's not really anything you cand do about it. Let them go on with their fantasy that what you don't know won't hurt you. I'll ignore them the way they ignore me....Sorry, but in my humble opinion, that's not roleplay, that's exploitation of others.

And btw, if we catch any of them using something like that in the sim I RP in...they'll be ejected and banned, just like the Bloodlines players are if they don't take off the hud....smiles sweetly and goes on with her day.

I had thought of staying, creating a clan of my own, and even started but when my RL became chaotic, and I pulled away from SL for a good 4 months, upon my return things had changed, people had changed, and I was ignored. Then the war broke out with the line Bastion and I left that line to avoid the conflict. My progeny had left , leaving me from 4 to 1, and I was no longer interested in helping the game grow when all we kept hearing was "Soon" on everything. when the war broke out, so did a fight between us (my liege and good friend) because I no longer had a desire to be apart of a game. Then was asked to spy on other friends, etc. It became to much and I just had enough of it. Now mind you, I got myself banned, but also my RL/SL Partner is banned from the system as well. So that goes to show you the mentality of the creator of it. Not that he minded, he didnt like SL, the mesh parts freaked him out. I'm still partnered to my RL in SL, but his name is just storage account now. No not all are asses, but that doesn't change the fact the creator is one though. He can not, and will not ask for help with coding, and well, when you tell people it's an aid, you get yelled at. I'm sorry but I always thought if that HUD was meant to be an aid, then why a secrets, why do they have councils, clans, meetings on a weekly basis, etc. For something that was suppose to be used to aid in role-play, and there is none, they claim they are  trying, but it's sad really. Course now with the new look of the website and etc. It's truly becoming a secret society, much like the "Cults" that are still secret to this day an age. I just have to laugh, and wonder, "How much is a game worth?, and Do you have to sell your soul to truly enjoy it without the constant drama that they so love to bring into the game?".

isnt is all so a little bit two faced for some of the Progeny Members to be in the "Bloodlines Fair Play Group"

YES ANOTHER DUAL STANDARD THING GOING ON THERE I TEND TO FEEL

IM compiling a list of Progeny Members if anybody is interested in knowing who to avoid :)

Yes RA1, it is something of a joke!

As to your list, yes i would like copy if possible, but to tell the truth, it would be better to publish it, either here or on the net and link to it so we can put these people on our ban lists.

Even better would be to maintain an uptodate database of known Progeny players that can be used in a sim/parcel auto ejector.......just a thought! :)

Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

Yes RA1, it is something of a joke!

As to your list, yes i would like copy if possible, but to tell the truth, it would be better to publish it, either here or on the net and link to it so we can put these people on our ban lists.

Even better would be to maintain an uptodate database of known Progeny players that can be used in a sim/parcel auto ejector.......just a thought!
:)

Oh, what a wonderful idea!  Let's start banning people who are causing no one any real harm whatsoever.  I suggest bypassing all the pleasantries by naming the system Redzone from the get go.

...Dres

No one would suggest the banning of anyone just because they play a particular game or not.

My point is simply that people should have the choice to be a part of Progeny or not. As it stands now, there is little defence against not wishing to participate in the Progeny system, yes you can ignore it, but that does not stop certain, shall we say, asinine members of said game forcing themselves on the unsuspecting.

In a way, LL themselves do not help matters. The so called "safe hubs" are awash with Progeny out for a quick fix of blood, dragging unsuspecting players into something that if they knew about it, would freak them out, maybe never to return to SL. 

What this leaves is the way clear for sane members of SL communities to develop whatever means they can to make a safe areas safe for all. Funny thing is, as I think I have said before, I would gladly pay for such a thing, even if the cash went to "The Sauce"  

I still can't help but think the man is rather simple in not seeing a money making opportunity :)

Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

No one would suggest the banning of anyone just because they play a particular game or not.

Did you even read what you wrote?  That is exactly what you were suggesting.

Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

My point is simply that people should have the choice to be a part of Progeny or not. As it stands now, there is little defence against not wishing to participate in the Progeny system, yes you can ignore it, but that does not stop certain, shall we say, asinine members of said game forcing themselves on the unsuspecting.

So, let me get this straight, your issue isn't with all Progeny role players, but only with "certain, asinine members"... right?  And yet you still wish for the ability to ban all Prodigy role players because of the actions of a few who, "force themselves on the unsuspecting"?

And, pray tell, how does a Progeny RPer force themselves on other people?... by pretending to drink a bit of their blood?  So, what?  That's like if I were to tell someone in private that I just chopped off your arm, then we, together pretended that you were standing there missing a limb... when in reality, you're not standing there missing a limb.  Our private pretend game has not actually deprived you of your limb, therefore, our pretend game should not be any of your concern.

Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

In a way, LL themselves do not help matters. The so called "safe hubs" are awash with Progeny out for a quick fix of blood, dragging unsuspecting players into something that if they knew about it, would freak them out, maybe never to return to SL. 

What this leaves is the way clear for sane members of SL communities to develop whatever means they can to make a safe areas safe for all. Funny thing is, as I think I have said before, I would gladly pay for such a thing, even if the cash went to "The Sauce"  

I still can't help but think the man is rather simple in not seeing a money making opportunity 

Unless you can think of any sort of magical way for LL, or anyone else, for that matter, to make people stop talking about you behind your back, I see little that can actually be done about it.  As far as I'm concerned, there's absolutely nothing in this scenario from which anyone need be kept safe.

If you wish to spend your money on something that won't actually keep you safe from something that was never a danger to you in the first place, I'm sure you can find someone willing to sell you some crap device which takes advantage of your irrational paranoia.  Lord knows, it's been done before... I've already sited Redzone... the only difference being that Redzone was created in response to something which actually was a problem.

The problem with your suggestion is the simple fact that no one but a handful of people have allowed this Progeny non-issue to affect them negatively enough to merit such a system's creation.  In other words, there's just not that much money to be made from it.

Way best and cheapest way for you or anyone else to protect yourselves from this diabolical system is to simply ignore it.  In fact, if you want, I'll send you a prim that you can wear as a hud which says, "Just Ignore It!"... I'd even script it so that when you click it, it'd say, "It's just not worth the effort!," in local chat, for whenever you need an extra reminder.  And I wouldn't even charge you for it.

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

Did you even read what you wrote?  That is exactly what you were suggesting.

Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

So, let me get this straight, your issue isn't with all Prodigy role players, but only with "certain, asinine members"... right?  And yet you still wish for the ability to ban all Prodigy role players because of the actions of a few who, "force themselves on the unsuspecting"?

And, pray tell, how does a Prodigy RPer force themselves on other people?... by pretending to drink a bit of their blood?  So, what?  That's like if I were to tell someone in private that I just chopped off your arm, then we, together pretended that you were standing there missing a limb... when in reality, you're not standing there missing a limb.  Our private pretend game has not actually deprived you of your limb, therefore, our pretend game should not be any of your concern.

Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

I still can't help but think the man is rather simple in not seeing a money making opportunity 

Unless you can think of any sort of magical way for LL, or anyone else, for that matter, to make people stop talking about you behind your back, I see little that can actually be done about it.  As far as I'm concerned, there's absolutely nothing in this scenario from which anyone need be kept safe.

If you wish to spend your money on something that won't actually keep you safe from something that was never a danger to you in the first place, I'm sure you can find someone willing to sell you some crap device which takes advantage of your irrational paranoia.  Lord knows, it's been done before... I've already sited Redzone... the only difference being that Redzone was created in response to something which actually was a problem.

The problem with your suggestion is the simple fact that no one but a handful of people have allowed this Prodigy non-issue to affect them negatively enough to merit such a system's creation.  In other words, there's just not that much money to be made from it.

Way best and cheapest way for you or anyone else to protect yourselves from this diabolical system is to simply ignore it.  In fact, if you want, I'll send you a prim that you can wear as a hud which says, "Just Ignore It!"... I'd even script it so that when you click it, it'd say, "It's just not worth the effort!," in local chat, for whenever you need an extra reminder.  And I wouldn't even charge you for it.

...Dres

Let them fight amongst themselves.

The more time they spend doing that the less time they have to annoy us Mortals.

The way I'm seeing this is...yes, the Progeny and The Hunger and all the other huds that don't let the "victim" know they have been use all share one thing in common. They don't see the other players in SL as players/people but as things to be used to further their personal game. Anything that reduces avis that have people at the keyboard to NPC's and things needs to be rethought. It's a bit disrespectful but a reflection of the current generation of players that were brought up on FPS video games where everything around them was something to be used rather than reflecting another person. Progeny and it's ilk have reduced everyone other than those also wearing that meter to fodder for their game rather than someone to interact with.

"Progeny and it's ilk have reduced everyone other than those also wearing that meter to fodder for their game rather than someone to interact with."

That, Bobby, is one of the main reasons I am against this game. The whole thing was supposed to be a RP tool, the hud being just an aid to RP. Fact is rather than its intended use, some people (mainly members of Ravens Claw Clan) are using it as a way to boost their egos and put them, in their own tiny minds, above all others. They do not even try to RP, feeling no doubt that doing so is below them.

Did you even read what i wrote?

What I am saying is if a sim/parcel owner didnt want a paticular group on his/her land, that he should have the ability to ban them, in the same way that they already can (if they know them to be progeny) that is why a live database of members would be useful, it would be something that i for one would use on a regular basis to update my ban lists!

If you do that with a game would have to do it all, there are games that buy your land, others who come and kill you away, others it is their war scenario. If you think it's just one, I pieso you need to be better informed before you write here, because the only thing I see is your obsession, almost sickly against a game, and I really think you have a hidden interest in acting so

A hidden interest? Well it must be very hidden because even I can not see what that might be!

No, my reasons are much simpler, just a deep distrust of a game such as Progeny that relies on stealth and secrecy to enable the players to lord themselves in secret above all others in a god like way. 

And for the record, yes I would apply the same level of venom against any game that does this, not just Progeny, it just so happens that Progeny is the one that has made itself known to me the most, effecting the Second Lives of so many that I interact with and always in a negative way.

It is true that most of my personal problems with Progeny come from one clan in particular, that of Ravens Claw, who's leaders and their higher followers are egotistical people with only one real purpose, that is to walk over whoever gets in their way, using whatever double standards they feel they need to. 

However that said, I have met some genuinely nice people from other smaller clans that are in Progeny, so while I may not agree with the game fully, I can say with some certainly that not ALL the players are bad!

Like I have repeatedly asked, give us the chance to opt out if we do not wish to be involved with Progeny, It is really that simple and I will shut up about it!

And please do not just tell me to ignore it, that really does not work for me.