Martin Emerald

Progeny Vampire System

Totally agree with you Cinnamon... a bit late though. The problem here is that some people msitake / mix their second lifes with their real ones. They should stop sl a bit and get a real life, go out in real life and have fun.

Some said that guy was raising awaness about the progeny vampire system. How on earht could an intelligent man raise awarness on virtual vampires in a virtual word? How immature! There are many things to raise awarness in real world about, like rape! That man needs to grow up.

For what its worth, here are my 2 cents on the subject of Progeny.

First and formost, the game is at best "theft", that is to say, the taking of something (blood/lifeforce) without the persons permission. In any court of law, that would be upheld, even if the person was unaware of the theft from them.

Secondly, the game its self is suposed to be played by RPer's, not the dimwits i have had dealing with who make no attempt to RP a bite or any other action come to that. (even their lovemaking is below par, lol)

Linden Labs has enough evidence to outlaw this game, or at least insist a bite warning is given yet they do not, why? Could it be that Progeny is activley helping with costs for LL? 

We need to sit on this game hard, it is crazy that the simple guidelines that Bloodlines and other similar games have been forced to adopt are not insisted upon. One rule for one?  sound familier anyone?

Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

For what its worth, here are my 2 cents on the subject of Progeny.

First and formost, the game is at best "theft", that is to say, the taking of something (blood/lifeforce) without the persons permission. In any court of law, that would be upheld, even if the person was unaware of the theft from them.

Secondly, the game its self is suposed to be played by RPer's, not the dimwits i have had dealing with who make no attempt to RP a bite or any other action come to that. (even their lovemaking is below par, lol)

Linden Labs has enough evidence to outlaw this game, or at least insist a bite warning is given yet they do not, why? Could it be that Progeny is activley helping with costs for LL? 

We need to sit on this game hard, it is crazy that the simple guidelines that Bloodlines and other similar games have been forced to adopt are not insisted upon. One rule for one?  sound familier anyone?

I want to see the court that accepts that. You can not steal what isn't there. Your avatar doesn't have blood, lifeforce or anything else. Therefore, there isn't something stolen from you. Or can you show me, where you store your precious blood?

Any blood/lifeforce the player gains is created by the hud/gamesystem they use. Its like making a note, that they clicked an avatar (or did whatever action is required). There was nothing taken from you.

I think its time to explain what Progeny is, as I see it. It is a vampire based game, where the attacker STEALS blood/lifeforce from anyone they choose. This is done with no bite request so the victim is totally unaware of the theft and that once attacked they are entered into a database within the game. It was lauded at its concept as the only true RP vampire game, but the RP that has been seen been seen by myself is thin at best, and in most cases, non existent. The fact that any attack like this infringes on a persons basic human rights is what makes me so bitter towards the pathetic game, quite simply it takes away the freedom of choice for people to play or not, for once bitten, they are in the database and are part of the game, whether they want to be or not! for more info on this game, go to http://progeny-vampire.com/ and http://progeny-forums.net/ then go see a Progeny Vamp play the game....lol

It seems that some have a special interest in discrediting SL games, which do not interfere at all in his life in this virtual world. I do not know if commercial or other interests, Register a UUID in a database does not affect anyone, it's just a statistic in a game that only affects players. There are already several games that they do, not only Progeny, and nobody cares about it. Because they care about this special?

well Neuntoter, the only interest I have in this is that I want more people to see Progeny for what it is and that my friend is THEFT. The game has been kept quiet for a long time, due no doubt to the players own doubts about its ethics and legality. hence why to actually play the game you must be invited by someone who is a player already. That very fact makes the game seem very under handed to many, myself included.  

Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

well
the only interest I have in this is that I want more people to see Progeny for what it is and that my friend is THEFT. The game has been kept quiet for a long time, due no doubt to the players own doubts about its ethics and legality. hence why to actually play the game you must be invited by someone who is a player already. That very fact makes the game seem very under handed to many, myself included.  

What is the game stealing?   No one is being deprived of any property, as far as I can tell.

It sounds to me not unlike trainspotting, only with avatar's uuids rather than locomotive numbers.    

It seems an odd way for people to spend their leisure time, I agree, but I don't see the harm in it.

Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

I think its time to explain what Progeny is, as I see it. It is a vampire based game, where the attacker STEALS blood/lifeforce from anyone they choose. This is done with no bite request so the victim is totally unaware of the theft and that once attacked they are entered into a database within the game. It was lauded at its concept as the only true RP vampire game, but the RP that has been seen been seen b
y myself is thin at best, and in most cases, non existent. The fact that any attack like this infringes on a persons basic human rights is what makes me so bitter towards the pathetic game, quite simply it takes away the freedom of choice for people to play or not, for once bitten, they are in the database and are part of the game, whether they want to be or not! for more info on this game, go to
and
then go see a Progeny Vamp play the game....lol

Oh my....

1.) Your avatar has no soul/blood/lifeforce or whatever. It does not exist. Your avatar is virtual, not a real being and doesn't come with any of these things when created. Therefore: You can't steal what isn't there and no harm is done to your virtual avatar by any of that.

2.) Human rights don't apply to avatars, as they are not human or even alive. There is no such human right, that touches the topic of virtual games.

I'm actually glad, that they don't spam you with bite requests like some bloodline players use to do. I couldn't care less about some people spending their time with a virtual RP hud system. It doesn't affect anyone and doesn't harm anyone.

Hey Syo,

A certain someone is heavily involved in a competing viral vampire game; recruitment and profiteering.

Suggest you check profiles while in this thread, as results are illuminating. :)

It's doubtful (to me) that the resurrection of this thread was based on genuine concern, especially considering the evidenced lack of understanding.

This will be my only post in this rather hilarious thread.

Please don't stop this is ongoing hilarity:) And as the whole shebang seems

to be bagging unique IDs for - whatever - I suggest a new variety vis : the

hunting of freshly spawned 0.5 m cubes. Go crazy, all you victim hunters....

Well Freya, I do not deny that I am indeed a Bloodlines player and a most active one at that and yes I am actively recruiting inworld, however, to call me a profiteer is rather silly, if not even stupid, considering the amount of time and my own money I have invested in Bloodlines.

Anyway, to answer the charge as to why I have resurrected this thread, it is because every time I log on to SL I get more and more stories of people being told they have been "bitten" and are "dead" Now I know these are not real events in the true sense of things, however, the people being effected are normally quite distraught when they come to me and I sympathise with the way they feel. Any system that can take something from another person, without consent, whether that something is real and tangible or not must be morally wrong is it not? 

Perhaps I am being a little oversensitive to things but it does get rather personal when attacks happen on my own land and when the "masquerade" is brought into the open people like you try to defend the game.

I would ask you this one simple question, if Progeny is so great, why is it kept such a secret?  Could it be that if the vast population of SL knew about it there would be an outcry the likes of which have never been heard?…. ok that was two questions, lol

Freya Mokusei wrote:

Hey Syo,

A
certain someone
is heavily involved in a competing viral vampire game; recruitment and profiteering.

Suggest you
check profiles while in this thread,
as results are illuminating.
:)

It's doubtful (to me) that the resurrection of this thread was based on genuine concern, especially considering the evidenced lack of understanding.

This will be my only post in this rather hilarious thread.

I always forget to do that. Thanks for the suggestion. It was, as you said, illuminating. I quite agree with the hilarity of this whole topic, too. :-)

Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

Well Freya, I do not deny that I am indeed a Bloodlines player and a most active one at that and yes I am actively recruiting inworld, however, to call me a profiteer is rather silly, if not even stupid, considering the amount of time and my own money I have invested in Bloodlines.

Anyway, to answer the charge as to why I have resurrected this thread, it is because every time I log on to SL I get more and more stories of people being told they have been "bitten" and are "dead" Now I know these are not real events in the true sense of things, however, the people being effected are normally quite distraught when they come to me and I sympathise with the way they feel. Any system that can take something from another person, without consent, whether that something is real and tangible or not must be morally wrong is it not? 

Perhaps I am being a little oversensitive to things but it does get rather personal when attacks happen on my own land and when the "masquerade" is brought into the open people like you try to defend the game.

I would ask you this one simple question, if Progeny is so great, why is it kept such a secret?  Could it be that if the vast population of SL knew about it there would be an outcry the likes of which have never been heard?…. ok that was two questions, lol

I think Freya really did make only one post here; nothing in it says anything at all in defense of Progeny or any other vampire game. It just suggested we look at profiles, and yours was one of the first I chose.

How nice of you to be so forthcoming about your Bloodlines connections, now that everyone who has checked your profile knows. That would have been ever so much more laudable had you mentioned wayyyyy back there when you started your posts.

As for what would happen if the vast population of SL learned the horrible truth about Progeny: you could use this thread as a sample. Several hundred people, maybe more than 1000, read the forums on a fairly regular basis. Most of us look at any thread that gets a lot of posts, like this one. It's been viewed more than 3300 times already in the more than two years since Martin started it.

There've been maybe a half dozen people who posted here regarding their shock at the secret biting. A few people did express concern that their UUID is in a real world accessible database, and that might be a security issue. Without counting, I'll say maybe 10 complaints. I'll double that, just to make sure I didn't understate. You're still only at about 2%. Not exactly a groundswell of rage.

Indeed @Dillon that is my point, there are many that are blissfully unaware of the things that are happening, a fact i seek to change. After all is said and done, if Progeny has nothing to hide, then why hide? I would like to offer a small olive branch here, let the ones that play that game come out and tell us all how wonderful it is and what nice people they are.......

Alright, since Freya will not be returning, I'll take a shot at answering your questions.

Snowgoose Yootz also wrote:

if Progeny is so great, why is it kept such a secret?

It's not a secret.

Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

Could it be that if the vast population of SL knew about it there would be an outcry the likes of which have never been heard?

No.

...Dres

ok seriously? why are we just picking on progeeny here? I am a Bloodlines Hybrid onee of the oldest in Progeny, joined in 2010, and also was a hunger player. Hunger also allows you to fed from non-players without concent but allows you to do so from 20 meters away meaning you dont have any chance at protection. alsso in bloodlines or hunger it is a sat draw per bite with progeny you control how much they get by sitting still too long. if you let someone get withiin 1 meter of ou not the 2 meters the OP stated out of ignorance, then you are a fool as there are so many huds out theree that will crack your real info, IP address home address in rl phone number and the like by proximity. The simple fact is yes Progeny does have non LL serers it uses. the case stated earlier in this thread was aan eepic fail as evidence as that was the web server not the game API and the site was hacked as a result of a criminal act of a public server. the API iss maintained with a diffrent company that the web server. I have open use huds that will get me the UUID of any player of sl without theem even being online or on the same sim and they aree all legal as all the info that you can get is your public profile. If the LL servers were hacked your UUID would be the least of your isues. are you a paid member of SL? have you bought Linden Dollars? there you go someee crook hacks the LL servers and now has your credit card. they hace our Game API they have your name. As onee of the original members of progeny fel free to ask mee anything you do not know about the system.

Ok...I read this all and really think about joining Progeny now:)

I started with bloodlines, but this is only about the money and this really sucks...then I played Hunger or still do sometimes but this isn´t really much fun..cause no one really told me about how it works and when I sometimes get the message, that I am active again in a few minutes and that it would be time for revenche the one who killed me has already left the sim..lol..well yes my own fault cause I am too lazy to wear my hud most of the time.

But I think a few months back I got an invitation from a friend to join Progeny but I said no thanks...cause I thought another thing like Hunger but I must say after I read this long thread I really think about to give it a try.

Martin you really made good advertising:)

truth is with all vampire rp systems in second life you are not actually agreeing or disagreeing with the bite you are allowing/not allowing the right to be animated as the bite itself is done thru scripts that only progeny players can see its no different from someone using a gesture that plays sound i mean they are annoying and i dont like them but i still have to listen to them , bieng a roleplaying game inside of a massive online world there are alwasy those that disgree and have there own opinions i say let these people have there fun if someone walks up to you and gets to close ask them not to bother you at the end of the day we are all here to have fun if it doesnt effect your avi physically or hinder you in any way why are you complaining the fact that this is a world where anything is possible. 

lets look at it a different way i dont want to listen to gestures from other people i dont want to see what people are saying in local but hey i have to due to the fact its deemed respectful to other sl players if you do not like the game contact the maker of the game and then ask him to remove you from the system

carl79 wrote:

truth is with all vampire rp systems in second life you are not actually agreeing or disagreeing with the bite you are allowing/not allowing the right to be animated as the bite itself is done thru scripts that only progeny players can see its no different from someone using a gesture that plays sound i mean they are annoying and i dont like them but i still have to listen to them , bieng a roleplaying game inside of a massive online world there are alwasy those that disgree and have there own opinions i say let these people have there fun if someone walks up to you and gets to close ask them not to bother you at the end of the day we are all here to have fun if it doesnt effect your avi physically or hinder you in any way why are you complaining the fact that this is a world where anything is possible. 

lets look at it a different way i dont want to listen to gestures from other people i dont want to see what people are saying in local but hey i have to due to the fact its deemed respectful to other sl players if you do not like the game contact the maker of the game and then ask him to remove you from the system

Here you go:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

""""""""""

'''''''''''''

Salt and pepper to taste.

(I stole that from Mark Twain)

its a shame progeny so secretive sounds good but i believe you need a invite and if like me you are new and dont know any progeny players i would like to join without being commited to a clan but i am guessing being in a clan is a big part of it anyways i got no objection to ppl sneaking up secretly attacking but anyone gets within 3 metre`s i will just keep moving i wont be such a easy meal lol

It's not secretive, it's an invite only , has been for as long as I can remember, if you google "Progeny" you'll find a lot of information out there. Also if you're new to SL in general, they have a general rule of 30days old , and up before you can even be embraced into Progeny. I'm an outcast in progeny, and I've seen a few make outcasts, and Resdya Darkwatch is a leader of a Rouge house that was outcast until he was able to get the required number to form it. Check out the SIM

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Grave%20Designs/176/35/22/?title=Progeny%3A+Vampire+Castle+and+Grounds&img=http%3A%2F%2Flecs-destinations-secondlife-com.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fnew%2Fdestinations%2Fen%2F_img%2Fmidsize%2F7532.jpg&msg=Experience+adventure%2C+chills+and+thrills+in+Progeny%3A+Vampire%2C+a+unique+role-playing+game+developed+by+and+for+lovers+of+vampire+lore.+

Not secretive?

Well that is just a plain UNTRUTH. Progeny players are actively told not to discuss the game with anyone outside of Progeny, using the term of masquerade as a way of keeping their little secret. Maybe that's one of the reasons I detest it so much, the deceit is unnecessary unless the game has something distasteful to hide, which it does on so many levels in my book.

I was once invited by Lord Oberon of Ravens Claw Clan to join the game, I looked at the game in depth for some time and it took me all of 2 seconds to decide that it wasn't for me

Ever since that day, I have seen nothing but bickering and in house fighting come out of Progeny. The role play that the game promised is all but non existent and the majority of players are egotistical pond life. (my apologies to any real pond life for the anachronism)

I am sure one day, when the creator can get around to fixing the games basic flaws, it will become what what was envisaged but as of this moment, Progeny is just a tool for the dimwitted and imagination lacking asshats of SL to feel good about themselves.

The only way to "join" is to go through some pathetic voice test with some self appointed bigwig, this is to stop "drama"..

Heres an idea to stop drama.. stop attacking others without their permission who are NOT anything to do with that idot of a thing!!!!

In total its ok for those with to do as they please and to hell with those not in.

One of its Memeber tagged as a "lord" in his own words called their deeds "ILLEGAL KILLING"

Another user commented " its an exclusive RP system, invite only, its a process to even join my family and get a hud"

There is a 3 week period of training, and getting to know the family and such, at end of that you choose if you wish to stay and be embraced, but the family also chooses to accept you or not

surely to invole others in your RP without their Permission is against Linden Labs TOS.

Being Attacked and "fed" on by one of not more of the users of your system without my knowing or agreement, this would appear to be againts Part 6.2 (iii)of the TOS copies and paisted below.

6.2 You agree that you will not post or transmit Content or code that may be harmful, impede other users' functionality, invade other users' privacy, or surreptitiously or negatively impact any system or network.

You agree to respect both the integrity of the Service and the privacy of other users. You will not:

(iii) Engage in malicious or disruptive conduct that impedes or interferes with other users' normal use of or enjoyment of the Service

so Mr "im all that" inventor pick the bones out of that one