Martin Emerald

Progeny Vampire System

On 2/11/2012 at 11:28 PM, Martin Emerald said:

they can bite people without them knowing about it.

If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one to hear it, does it make a sound?

A long time ago it's basically what I considered doing an assassin game that would work in a similar fashion (you had to "poison" a person in a busy club without anyone "seeing" you)

43 minutes ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

If ..........you)

... we really need a auto closing on some threads... responding to a 2012 post.
poster is reincarnated several times in that period.

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

*Shrugs*

On 6/27/2018 at 9:15 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

That's the great thing about the internet, it has its own history and that is available for all to see and even comment on......Long may it continue.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Snowgoose Yootz said:

That's the great thing about the internet, it has its own history and that is available for all to see and even comment on......Long may it continue.

Kudos for necroing a thread to tell us about the benefits of necroing - but basically you're right. If situations change and things need to rediscussed anew why not in the original thread? Otherwise we would need to place a "situation changed we now disuss over there" sign into the thread for future readers...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

Oh Progeny and doing things to others without their permission has taken a new twist in Second Life and, to some,  improved and gotten even better.

I had a staff, that had recently gotten engaged in SL, go afk to do some laundry. While she was afk, someone with a hud (and NO I am not saying it is a Progeny Hud or anything affiliated with Progeny,  just similar circumstances) had sex with her without any knowledge or request to her for permission. The hud wearer got the normal groans and moans messages from SL sex, but she got no notifications, Ims, nothing. This person was kind enough to send her pictures and let her know what a wonderful sex partner she was, and how he planned for future trysts. He also stated she might be pregnant. 

Sadly many are LOL and cracking up about this. It would make me livid, but I am in the minority in feeling this way.

Yeah this is Sl, yeah we are just avatars. We aren't real people and many many people are, as I speak, trying to find that hud on MP so they can also join in the festivities.

Bites with no permission, sex with no permission...hey its just a game right?

Explain that to the man/woman you've been seeing in SL for years and years, are married to, engaged to....chances are, they aren't going to be as understanding.

All the supporters of having ANYTHING done to your avatar without your permission needs to have this happen to their wife, their husband, their daughter, then watch the scales shift!

That is my opinion. I am entitled to my own opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Venus Soyer said:

[...] Explain that to the man/woman you've been seeing in SL for years and years, are married to, engaged to....chances are, they aren't going to be as understanding.

All the supporters of having ANYTHING done to your avatar without your permission needs to have this happen to their wife, their husband, their daughter, then watch the scales shift!

Why would they not be understanding? "Yo, this happened while I was afk, naturally, it was out of my control." If my hypothetical partner would not understand this, I'd have a relationship that's not going to work out anyway. Because there seems to be no trust involved.

I don't think an innocent third party should be punished by something their partner/parent supports. I find this to be a really strange notion.

As far as I know, the only ways to have sex with someone without their permission are:
Sitting on adult furniture and then going afk & enabled RLV with an open collar and no restrictions set. 
I might be missing something, though, since I'm no expert.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

And so the outrage about the "I got your nose!"-game continues...

Is that what happened to Voldemort?

• Haha 3

On 3.7.2017 at 7:06 AM, Tiana Fiertze said:

Since Progeny has no problem with people being bitten without their knowledge or consent, I have to muse with all the talent out there if someone could come up with a System or Object that would interfere with the Progeny system from interacting with those wearing it?  

It might even be wonderful if the talented programmer found a way to destroy the vampire that was attacking.  I mean what  grievance would the vampire have?  "I was biting this avatar and all the sudden i found i was destroyed/crashed/ejected/frozen!"

Sadly, I don't have the skills to create such an item!

This is soo good idea. There should be some kind of system to silently find and stake a vampire, since they can silently bite. Want to be Van Helsing in SL style.

Thank you for reviving this thread, i never heard about this before i saw this thread revived from dead.

On 18.6.2017 at 1:37 PM, Ezziedq Mirabella said:

There is now a ring available that shows someone wearing the fangs that is free.  This ring will tell you who is wearing the fangs and the version.  as long as they are 1.5m away you are safe.

If someone knows where to get the ring, would be nice, or does someone here know any good detectors, i found on marketplace there are some?

Does it prevent the fangs working if the fang owner is blocked?

Edit: Actually i might have read this thread some years ago, but totally forgot if read.

Edited by Ansiri
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Venus Soyer said:

I had a staff, that had recently gotten engaged in SL, go afk to do some laundry. While she was afk, someone with a hud (and NO I am not saying it is a Progeny Hud or anything affiliated with Progeny,  just similar circumstances) had sex with her without any knowledge or request to her for permission. The hud wearer got the normal groans and moans messages from SL sex, but she got no notifications, Ims, nothing. This person was kind enough to send her pictures and let her know what a wonderful sex partner she was, and how he planned for future trysts. He also stated she might be pregnant. 

Sadly many are LOL and cracking up about this. It would make me livid, but I am in the minority in feeling this way.

Yeah this is Sl, yeah we are just avatars. We aren't real people and many many people are, as I speak, trying to find that hud on MP so they can also join in the festivities.

Bites with no permission, sex with no permission...hey its just a game right?

Explain that to the man/woman you've been seeing in SL for years and years, are married to, engaged to....chances are, they aren't going to be as understanding.

Yes, you are entitled to you opinion.

My personal opinion is that if you don't want stuff done to you without your permission, then you shouldn't leave yourself AFK in any public location.  If you are truly stepping away for only a moment, then most definitely do not set yourself as away and don't announce it in public chat.

*sigh* Y'all need to remember that nothing in SL is real. We're all just pixels on screens. A lot of people put this in their profiles under 1st Life: "What happens in SL, stays in SL." If something that happens to your avi in SL affects you in your real life, then perhaps you shouldn't be in SL at all. In fact, I would even go so far as to ask you, "Does your mommy know you're here?"

As regards Progeny, how can something that doesn't really happen, and that you are unaware of,  have any effect on you at all? I'm more concerned about people who create avatars for the sole purpose of bombarding my groups with spam, trying to recruit for their own groups.

It's like television, people: if you have a problem with a program that features sex and violence (unlike Progeny), there's a simple solution: CHANGE THE CHANNEL! And don't petition the FCC to prevent the rest of us from watching it.

In short, if Progeny--or any other system or game in SL--has that much control over your emotions in RL, delete your account and go back to playing The SIms.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2018 at 8:17 PM, Venus Soyer said:

WOW! Are you truly advocating a violent act in REAL LIFE as an acceptable solution to what happens to you in SL? Darling, If you can't keep SL separate from RL, you're far too unstable to be in SL, and should probably delete your account right now.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 3:30 AM, Kyrah Abattoir said:

If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one to hear it, does it make a sound?

If a man says something in the forest and there's no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

If someone revives a necro once again, do we just ignore?

or just laugh silently when a 22 minutes account comes convice us it's nothing to worry about.

• Haha 2

On 6/17/2015 at 2:38 AM, JoeKingleigh said:

you do not wear a crown you are not the "Lord of this Forum"

Gee, if I go on the SL Marketplace and buy a crown, will that make me Queen of the forum?

"Inquiring minds want to know"

20 minutes ago, RavenChatsworthy said:

Gee, if I go on the SL Marketplace and buy a crown, will that make me Queen of the forum?

You're quoting a three and a half year old comment, your majesty. 

Bildresultat för quasimodo crown

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, RavenChatsworthy said:

978956082_timemachine.png.10a81a0a5f5ae4cf2b560e37b4630e62.png

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, RavenChatsworthy said:

Maaayyyyyybe

130D3FB2-FE37-4BA3-9A82-110038BDBBD3.jpeg

Edited by Love Zhaoying

I already have several crowns, so no, it doesn't make you Queen of the forum.   I just got told I was cute and got a pat on the... head. lol 

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Pretty sure we could start a list of Queens... I want to be Princess though

Can I be a male Queen?

3 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Pretty sure we could start a list of Queens... I want to be Princess though

gasps I thought you were already a Pretty Pretty Princess!! 

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Can I be a male Queen?

Yes, because you can totally rock it.  meow

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1