Martin Emerald

Progeny Vampire System

well said Oberon,  one could also point out that how much real money you spend on your imaginary activities has no bearing on this conversation.    people have been spending real money to bolster imaginary fantacy since long before the printed word.

so go enjoy your SL, stop worry about what other people are or arenot doing that have no real affect upon you.  Progeny status only matters in progeny. period.   if you want to play then that is a different story.

But do by all means keep ranting and raveing against us.    Please go out and tell everyone that you know how bad we are,    get them to tell everyone they know how bad we are.  and so on, and so on, and so on.

www.progeny-vampire.com

www.behindthefang.com

@progenysource

Lachiel Vaher wrote:

Please go out and tell everyone that you know how bad we are,    get them to tell everyone they know how bad we are.

OK then.

They are really bad . . . spellers, that is.

Here's the truth: "Real Vampires" are semi-literate, at best; presumably they skipped class at Night School..

Pass it on.

if yuo can raed tihs, you hvae a sgtrane mnid, too.
Can you raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.

If you can read this, your brain is 50% faster than those who can't

Oberon Eames wrote:

Drake Said

"The word you are looking for is Virtual, not imaginary."

I can not resist...... Drake look up virtual in Technology and you will find.

"Simulated; performing the functions of something that isn't really there. An imaginative child's doll may be a virtual playmate.

Opposite of

or physical.

Please do look up imaginary while you are at it..

adjective

existing only in the imagination or fancy; not real; fancied:

Seeing as SL does have real aspects to it, you are talking to real people and interacting with them, spending real money, using real electricity,  which word best applies?

This forum is fun, there are people concerned about this system, but the question is: If there are other systems that do the same, because only attack this ?. There are some hidden interest?

Oberon Eames wrote:

if yuo can raed tihs, you hvae a sgtrane mnid, too.

Can you raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.

If you can read this, your brain is 50% faster than those who can't

I am actually an alumnus of Cambridge University and as a result have access to all research studies in all faculties completed since about 1968, some before then, and indices of all research studies carried out (notably, ALL of those carried out in the field of linguistics and psychology) since records began. When I first noticed the nonsense you describe above I checked, and although several similar studies  have been carried out, none has come to the conclusion that adequate, or indeed speedy, comprehension of coherent English text is independent of letter order, nor is there any research that has suggested that anagrams beginning and ending with the original letters are easier to comprehend.

I would suggest that you, and most of those ignorati who are taken in by the faux intellectuality of this, are the same people who think that gullable is a word that can be found in the dictionary.

If you can read this, you will realise what a fool you have made of yourself.

Oberon Eames wrote:

Drake Said

"The word you are looking for is Virtual, not imaginary."

I can not resist...... Drake look up virtual in Technology and you will find.

"Simulated; performing the functions of something that isn't really there. An imaginative child's doll may be a virtual playmate.

Opposite of

or physical.

Oberon,

There's a lot of imprecision and implication in this conversation, particularly by Lachiel.

Lachiel mentions "Real Vampire"s. There are no real vampires. He used "Real" to mean "Official Prodigy". Drake rightly questions the intimation that only Prodigy vampire RP is the real thing. Bloodlines members would disagree.

Lachiel also said, "So.. if you are all bunged up become some group imaginary vampires, imagined that one of them may or may not have imagined biting your imaginary person because you were all imagining your own little imaginary worlds in the same imaginary space, then you my friend have bigger problems that some game you don’t play."

All vampires are imaginary. So what is an "imaginary vampire"? In the context of this discussion, that would be vampire role play that is imagined to be happening, but isn't. It's common to imagine other people are doing things, and that other people imagine doing things. Most people don't go around ranting about behavior they know they are imagining (I do, but we're not talking about me). They complain about behavior they believe is actually happening. It's up to others to decide to what extent the described behavior is real or imagined. It's all real to the believer.

It's also common for us to realize the things we imagine in some form. I live in a RL house imagined and instantiated by my grandfather and grandfather. I live in a SL lighthouse imagined and instantiated by Jenne Dibou and Mandy Marsielles. One home is real, the other virtual. Neither is imaginary.

I don't think it's common for us to think that we ourselves are imaginary, unless we're suffering through a philosophy class for an "A". We believe we're real and we understand that our SL avatars are not. They're virtual. Even if we instantiate our imaginations through role play, we are not imaginary. And I could argue that, although our avatars are virtual, our behaviors can be as real here as in RL. Drake is making this distinction.

I hope the following two examples illustrate when "imaginary" is unnecessary and when it's improper...

RL:

I slip my favorite Muppet puppet over my right hand and walk into a room and say, "Hi, Kids!!! I'm Maddy and this is my friend, Animal!"

SL:

I TP into a sim with you and say, "Hi, Kids!!! I'm Maddy and this is my imaginary friend, Oberon!"

And to Drake...

I don't go malling, but there isn't a day that goes by without me imagining something about someone around me. And whoo, I am havin' fun.

;-).

I imagine i having gatling guns for headlights all the time while driving. I use my imagination all the time, i don't think SL is imaginary. Which is the point i think i was trying to make.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

I am actually an alumni of Cambridge University

How many of you are there?    

Lots

ZoeTick wrote:

Innula Zenovka wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

Lots

When I attended Cambridge University, a Latin O level was part of the matriculation requirement,    O tempora o mores.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

Innula Zenovka wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

Lots

When I attended Cambridge University, a Latin O level was part of the matriculation requirement,    O tempora o mores.

Me too!

Caesar adsum iam forte.

With cream, in a scone.

(I bet you were at Girton; I'm Johnian. We had fun, and didn't have to cycle up that ***bleepin*** hill - except to get to Fitz's sports grounds.)

ZoeTick wrote:

Caesar adsum iam forte.

With cream, in a scone.

Passus sum, sed Brutus.    Brutus sic in omnibus.   Caesar sic in at.

ZoeTick wrote:

(I bet you were at Girton; I'm Johnian. We had fun, and didn't have to cycle up that ***bleepin*** hill - except to get to Fitz's sports grounds.)

Newnham. Far more convenient for the Sidgwick site, Fitzbillies and the men's colleges No hills for me!

Innula Zenovka wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

Caesar adsum iam forte.

With cream, in a scone.

Passus sum, sed Brutus.    Brutus sic in omnibus.   Caesar sic in at.

ZoeTick wrote:

Newnham. Far more convenient for the Sidgwick site, Fitzbillies and the men's colleges No hills for me!

It took me twenty minutes to get out of there once. No, nobody was trying very hard to hold me back (actually, I was escaping from the clutches of a particularly clingy Historian) but there was only one open door and it was at the end of that long, long corridor . . .

I do find it most amusing Neuntoter, that you can follow any of the thread here, when you have shown me yourself in SL how inept you are at the English language. Sill leaving that aside for a moment, to answer your question about "hidden interests" I for one have none, just a deep hatred of a game (Progeny Vampire) that is played by people who have few morals and even fewer concerns for the very real people in SL.

The implied insult against an individuals ability to interpret what is being said in this forum just goes to prove that both Snowgoose and ZoeTick have absolutly no regard for anyone other than the narrow minded points of view that they continually provide us with.

In the world of Progeny we actually work very hard at building bridges of communication between members of the world community.

Snowgoose you are further proof as to why we dumped King George's Tea in the harbor and booted the Brits out of the Colonies.

And frankly Zoetick as an alumnus of Cambridge University I would expect that you would have had a bit more tolerance and understanding. if this is an example of the Higher education standards of Cambridge University I am very happy than none of my children went there.

Well Oberon, that just about sums up your pompous, holier than thou attitude to everyone. The original conversation to which I was referring that I had with your Spanish friend was logged by myself and i could just copy and paste it here to let the world see what fool he is in both languages, however, I will not be that silly.

Oberon Eames wrote:

if this is an example of the Higher education standards of Cambridge University I am very happy than none of my children went there.

From what I have seen here it would be a genetic miracle, or your wife would have to have an IQ of 3,000, for that to be likely.

Oberon Eames wrote:

Snowgoose you are further proof as to why we dumped King George's Tea in the harbor and booted the Brits out of the Colonies.

Woah, Snowgoose want us to pay him taxes even though he does not live here and understand our issues?

Are you from Boston? Have you taken 4th grade history? I'm really trying to follow your logic here, but that sharp right turn at the end threw me. Please do explain. If your children are smart enough to have attended Cambridge yet you sent them elsewhere, you should have little difficulty explaining how the Boston Tea Party equates to a RP Vampire system in a virtual world.

So is the mighty Oberon is in fact, just another xenophobic, anti free thinking moron? It rather looks that way :) Or maybe he just dosn't like me.......LOL

Oberon Eames wrote:

The implied insult against an individuals ability to interpret what is being said in this forum just goes to prove that both Snowgoose and ZoeTick have absolutly no regard for anyone other than the narrow minded points of view that they continually provide us with.

In the world of Progeny we actually work very hard at building bridges of communication between members of the world community.

And frankly Zoetick as an alumnus of Cambridge University I would expect that you would have had a bit more tolerance and understanding. if this is an example of the Higher education standards of Cambridge University I am very happy than none of my children went there.

While I agree that Snowgoose isn't helping the anti-Progeny case, I'm also unimpressed by the highlighted statement. Would there be a need for bridges if Progeny hadn't set itself apart?

This reminds me of people who, in the name of gods they've invented, strive to bridge the gaps between people who've invented different gods.

That's nothing if not inventive.

;-).