Martin Emerald

Progeny Vampire System

I got called away from my computer while writing my reply and didn't catch yours before I posted.

There area lot of us seasoned users who are very likeminded about the Welcome Areas.

RevengingAngel1 wrote:

point one...

the creator of the P system would never do something that would by its nature take "the power" his system gives its members. ergo he would never make a hud for others to use against progeny vampires.

it have nothing to do with power. and everything to do with creating a market for addons

creating markets is what SL is all about. So that people can earn money in the game

is not much of a market when your customers get slaughtered and die for ever more

Perrie Juran wrote:

My seven years in SL have been pretty peaceful because I operate the big three for dealing with idiots: Block, Mute and Ignore.  Really pretty simple to me.

Some years ago, after hearing a lot of complaints about unwelcome behavior in the welcome areas, I decided to hang out at Ahern, and to see if I couldn't ameliorate the situation by answering SL questions and helping those being attacked to follow the "big three". I took care to assist only those who appeared distressed by the fights and were simply wanting to learn what SL was all about.

And that's when I received not so gentle reminders of just how thick I can be. It hadn't occured to me that the mere suggestion of the big three might earn scorn from someone I thought could use encouragement. So, after having my ass chewed out by noobs on more than one occasion, I came to the bewildering conclusion that some of them (and I'm apparently not able to determine which) enjoy the welcome area experience. Some of the victims seemed to get vicarious pleasure from watching others fight.

I haven't been to Ahern in years, I doubt I'll return.

Cleo, I do wonder if your favorite venues aren't just the most fertile ground for the kind of behavior you abhor.

RevengingAngel1 wrote:

your reasoning is so wrong,

i repeat read what has been written by the ex progeny member

you mean like in a imma avenge that reasoning kinda way ?? 

I dont expect Lachiel to police welcome areas, and thats not my point. As i have said multiple times, Progeny DOES have a disciplinary system IN PLACE to handle cases of abuse, but ONLY between other progeny members. It would be an easy step to include complaints of abuse from non-players. As you and others have said, there probably arent many of us having problems, but then again, who knows how many there really are? In my experience, quite a few non-players were aware of progeny, and that was even before i knew about them. Maybe more people might come forward if they knew something could be done about it. Not all progeny keep to the masqerade...many include their family and clan groups in their profiles, so they CAN be identified as progeny.

It is true that i might end up having to just "deal with it", but that doesnt mean i have to stop trying, as long as i feel it is worth the effort. Change never happens anywhere, either in RL or SL, unless people are willing to stand up and say something. Because of the secrecy involved with progeny, not many people are aware it even exists, but time and exposure will change that.

I do avoid places like Korea, Ahern, Violet, etc., which are well known troll hangouts, but i actually do help new people get started in SL. I recieved alot of help when i was new, and this is the best way that i can repay that. The LL welcome areas are terrible for new residents, so those of us that are willing to spend time helping go to those places. Unfortunately, because of the large number of newbies, there are also a large number of griefers and trolls. It is to be expected. My entire point here is that BECAUSE the progeny vamps are involved in a system that CAN discipline/ban them for harassment and breaking rules, then it should not be such a problem to enforce that with non-players as well. One of my friends (who is now ex-progeny) was taken into their court literally within an hour of her discussing progeny in public (with me), which is against their rules of masquerade. If they are willinhg and able to do that within thier own community, then how difficult would it be to extend that to non-players?

As far as "proving" the abuse, i know for a fact that several of the progeny leaders have been to this welcome area just within the last month, and it would be easy for them to witness what happens there. If their leaders were held accountable for maintaining discipline (as any leader syould be), then my idea could easily work.

It could indeed work Cleo, unfortunately, most of the leaders, or diabolics/arches  as they call themselves, seem to be as twisted as the rest of their followers, so i doubt very much your idea will work. (once again I wish to make it clear that I say MOST and not ALL) 

am not sure how that can work unless the non-player wears a tamper proof tracking/recording HUD. Listening in to chat and IM, recording movements and actions, etc. So that is some kinda ongoing neutral record of what happened

without it then is a he said / she said / they said situation

would be a bit odd that. Wearing a tracking HUD to not play in a game

Although I mean no offense to anyone, I'm sure I'll offend someone. Oh, the imaginary things I did to people when I was little (okay, okay, yesterday). I'm simply a li'l more discrete, and so have never been caught...

CleoSertorii wrote:

i do not "go out of my way", nor do i "actively search" for progeny.

Of course you do.  I believe the very act of you "raising awareness" constitutes going out of your way and how, pray tell, do you even distinguish between Progeny players and non-Progeny players if you're not actively searching those around you for evidence of their involvement.  Perhaps my use of the word "every", was an overstep, but, other than that, I've accurately described my understanding of your actions as I've gleaned from your posts here.

CleoSertorii wrote:

I am guessing that is because you dont want to "play nice", and have a little bit of respect for people that dont see things the way that you do.

My lack of respect for you stems from my belief that you're a hypocrite and a cry-baby.  You purposely stick your nose where it doesn't belong, then whine and complain when it garners you the sort of negative reaction which you had to know you'd get.  Then you act as if you're entitled to the sort of protection which you could just as easily provide for yourself, yet refuse to do so.

One thing I will concede is that my tone in this thread has, as of late, been rather contentious... but, I assure you, it didn't start out that way.  It wasn't until the wondrous Snow called me an idiot, do to my line of questioning, that I thought to myself, "Oh, I see how you want to be," and started handing back what I was given.  Unfortunately, you came along at right about that point and I automatically lumped you in with those who'd originally started throwing insults and threw some at you as well.  For that, I do apologize.

...Dres

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Although I mean no offense to anyone, I'm sure I'll offend someone. Oh, the imaginary things I did to people when I was little (okay, okay, yesterday). I'm simply a li'l more discrete, and so have never been caught...

Oh, I loved Kids in the Hall... I'll never look at a hobby horse the same way again.

...Dres

P.S. For reference: 

having so much fun outing progeny vamps and sending NC`s to others explaining how to scan for them :matte-motes-evil-invert:

seems a lot more are so happy to join in the spot the PV`s RP

P.S. they still appear to get ever so upset when spotted :matte-motes-big-grin:

Progeny: Slayer, Progeny: Lycanthrope, and Progeny: Familiar are in active development and will be available sooner rather than later.  So, if you really feel the need to hunt vampires, bide your time.

Well Miss Kirax, soon is not a word that the "sauce" seems to understand! I know for a fact that the things you speak of were first talked about over 3 years ago, so forgive me but it would appear that it is "later rather than sooner" lol

Anyway, whatever happens, if it ever does, re slayers, they will no doubt be as half a*sed as the rest of the game and no doubt only available to current players so not really very "real" in the way a slayer should be, ie, outside the Vampire world.

Sorry to pour cold water on your dreams of Progeny, but as you will find if you are in the system long enough, it is normal to be lied to and made to look stupid by Laichel and his Dire Bollo*ks.

/me sits back and waits for Dres's comment.........

they are so obvious at freebie galaxy even try to stop you walking away by chatting to you, the ones who have got ravens claw clan in their picks are worst offenders pathetic creatures sooner we can all become progeny slayers the better and they dont like it if you shout a warning to newbies they are trying to bite lol lots of im abuse

IF and WHEN such play becomes possible, it will be interesting to see who can be "taken down" by these slayers, I have the feeling people like you and your SL/RL partner that give your money and time to the PV system will no doubt have some kind of "advantage" over the other sheep in the system. That said, it will be interesting to see if the fabled Role Play that the game is currently lacking will come to the fore (I doubt this, but live in hope)

Personally, I will stay away from the PV system, unless it comes looking for me. I have no wish to be a part of anything that the hugely corrupt Oberon and his Ravens Claw have anything to do with.  

Wakeup stupid.. your rights are not taken away you can choose to play or not to play, just as other players can choose to play or not.   If your not PLAYING THE GAME then that is you choice it doesn't matter.  If your NOT WEARING THE HUD .. then it doesn't matter.    NO HARM DONE!!!!

Just do what you do and respect others doing what they do.        But trying to imply your choose in not playing and attempting control what others  do who want to play .. well,  is just wrong.    IT'S A TWO WAY STREET.  Can't have your cake and eat it too.

I agree.. those who want to make a fuss over what others are doing and don't UNDERSTAND IN WHAT THEY ARE SAYING OR TALKING ABOUT is wrong.     IF you don't know your bitten and your not into playing the game it doesn't matter.   Just like if your AO FARTS and I can't smell it.. who cares.