Jump to content
Martin Emerald

Progeny Vampire System

Recommended Posts


LadyShad0wz Greymoon wrote:

I don't come into SL often now because it's just not worth my time to stand around and watch idiots be idiots.

Makes sense, especially when you can come here to the forum and experience the same exact thing on your own time.

...Dres  (Paragraphs are an extremely functional concept.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

Incase anyone is interested, I have found a new way into the Progeny database to uncover the members list (after my last way in was secured) Please feel free to contact me inworld and I will gladly give you the hack details.

Let me explain something very simple to you.

If you are gaining unauthorised access to their data base then you may be violating in the U.S. if you live here either Federal or State anti-hacking laws which consider it a Felony.  Other countries have laws on this also.

Also by inviting others into this, you and any one who joins you in this also move in to the realm of conspiracy to commit a crime.

In other words you and anyone else who does this are playing with real fire here.

Yeah, I know the odds of getting caught are minuscule.  But the crime is real.  And it's a lot more real than the imaginary role play bites in SL you are complaining about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I look at it this way, if nothing is held on Progeny servers that is "sensitive" then why should it matter? anyway, its an easy system to hack, thats the trouble with it, and another reason that I want my details off it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

I look at it this way, if nothing is held on Progeny servers that is "sensitive" then why should it matter? anyway, its an easy system to hack, thats the trouble with it, and another reason that I want my details off it!

The law wouldn't care one fart in a wind storm if all you found was nothing but a random bunch of meaningless zero's and ones there.

The fact that you would willingly commit a Felony, and not only that, but that you would invite others to commit a potential felony with you over an imaginary bite by an imaginary vampire in an imaginary world is...........I'll let you fill in the blank.

I've got nothing more to say to you on this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

I look at it this way, if nothing is held on Progeny servers that is "sensitive" then why should it matter? anyway, its an easy system to hack, thats the trouble with it, and another reason that I want my details off it!

So, if you break into someone's home and find nothing valuable, it doesn't matter?

And as for the details, they are not yours. Other people have simply copied your avatar's UUID to a database, and appended a few bits of game related information to it. That's not your property. Your SL name, along with the mounting evidence that its human operator has questionable morals and understanding, is on my computer (in my web browser's cache).

Does that give you the right to hack my computer and remove the evidence?

Snowgoose, though I haven't read every post in the thread, I've read enough to form the opinion that Lachiel's Progeny game is fairly innocuous, providing less incentive for annoying behavior than Bloodlines. I'm also now of the opinion that you and the other complainers have let anger cloud your perceptions, your logic, and your morality. I think it's time to step back, take a deep breath and consider whether the path you are on leads forward, or anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Madelaine McMasters wrote:


... I'm also now of the opinion that you
and the other complainers
have let anger cloud your perceptions, your logic, and your
morality
....

 

ok, whether or not you have a problem with Snowgoose's idea of hacking doesn't mean you can make a blanket judgement about the "morality" of the rest of us "complainers". Some of us have every right to be angry because of the type of behavior the progeny system promotes. Anger doesn't mean we can't still be logical, but our logic is going to be based on our perceptions...that's just how things work. You might not get it, you might not agree with it, but again, that doesn't invalidate our concerns. Some people might have extreme reactions, but that's people. We can't all be emotionless machines just because it is a digital environment. For some of us, principles matter, both in RL and SL. Are we wrong to think that?

Let me ask you this...when does respect for another person stop being important? Does the method of communication/interaction matter? Two people interact, whether face to face, on skype, on facebook, email, phone, text messages, or SL. Is there some point where respect no longer matters? For me, respect is always important , no matter what. Obviously, others here do not agree with me on that. If a person cannot respect me in SL, then they aren't going to do it in RL either. Obviously, the progeny who have physically assaulted my avatar have no consideration for the person operating it...me. THAT is the primary reason why i dont like the system, because treating non-players as no more than a food source literally dehumanizes us. I have ony seen ONE active progeny player even bother to try to talk to people. The rest just show up, feed, then leave. There are no attempts at any kind of interaction with non-players.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


RevengingAngel1 wrote:

quite honestly i couldnt give a rats ass if you dont get what im saying, your not that important, the less you say the happier i will be

vampire.gif

...Dres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


CleoSertorii wrote:


Madelaine McMasters wrote:


... I'm also now of the opinion that you
and the other complainers
have let anger cloud your perceptions, your logic, and your
morality
....

 

ok, whether or not you have a problem with Snowgoose's idea of hacking doesn't mean you can make a blanket judgement about the "morality" of the rest of us "complainers". Some of us have every right to be angry because of the type of behavior the progeny system promotes. Anger doesn't mean we can't still be logical, but our logic is going to be based on our perceptions...that's just how things work. You might not get it, you might not agree with it, but again, that doesn't invalidate our concerns. Some people might have extreme reactions, but that's people. We can't all be emotionless machines just because it is a digital environment. For some of us, principles matter, both in RL and SL. Are we wrong to think that?

Let me ask you this...when does respect for another person stop being important? Does the method of communication/interaction matter? Two people interact, whether face to face, on skype, on facebook, email, phone, text messages, or SL. Is there some point where respect no longer matters? For me, respect is always important , no matter what. Obviously, others here do not agree with me on that. If a person cannot respect me in SL, then they aren't going to do it in RL either. Obviously, the progeny who have physically assaulted my avatar have no consideration for the person operating it...me. THAT is the primary reason why i dont like the system, because treating non-players as no more than a food source literally dehumanizes us. I have ony seen ONE active progeny player even bother to try to talk to people. The rest just show up, feed, then leave. There are no attempts at any kind of interaction with non-players.

Until you start respecting people's wish to roll play in peace and private, you've no room to talk about being disrespected.

...Dres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simple question Dres, why can they not "role play" amongst themselves rather than dragging others into their game? 

They have a whole sim where they can interact with each other and others that venture to set foot there, why do they  feel the need to involve anyone that isn't aware of the system of Progeny?

If they want to be part of other Residents lives, then do it as an honest avatar, not as some secretive low life that uses others as objects rather than a person.

Do you really not see that is the problem here? 

I know you will never see Progeny as being as evil as I do, and that is your purgative, but please, do not put down those that have such strong feelings against it. We are all part of SL, each with our own views and principles, what we do is our our own choice, even those that play Progeny I would not seek to dismiss entirely. But the secrecy and underhandedness that is in the system needs control and if "the sauce" wont do that then who will?.........Hopefully LL eventually.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

Simple question Dres, why can they not "role play" amongst themselves rather than dragging others into their game? 

I'll answer this question when you answer what actual harm it does for them to stand there and pretend to bite people without their knowledge.

 


Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

I know you will never see Progeny as being as evil as I do, and that is your purgative, but please, do not put down those that have such strong feelings against it.

My purgative?... LOL!!!  Come to think of it, I was feeling a little backed up.  But, seriously... it's also my prerogative to call out hyper-emotional paranoia when I see it.

 


Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

the secrecy and underhandedness that is in the system needs control and if "the sauce" wont do that then who will?.........Hopefully LL eventually.

LL is never going to do anything for the simple reason that the Progeny system in no way violates the ToS.  You, on the other hand, have shown that you're perfectly willing to not only violate the ToS (by posting a private conversation to this very forum without one of the participants' permission, in a lame attempt to ridicule that person), but actually break the law (by hacking into people's servers).

It is we, who've put up with your whining and moaning about how horrible an innocuous roll playing tool is, who will end up having the last laugh, once you're perma-banned from SL and possibly even arrested... which is exactly what you deserve.

...Dres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Until you start respecting people's wish to roll play in peace and private, you've no room to talk about being disrespected.

...Dres

Dres, you seem to not be getting how all of this has worked out from my personal experience. When all of this started, all i had done was have a discussion about progeny with a friend of mine in local chat. I wasn't interfering with anyone's RP, nor was i disrespecting anyone's wish to do so. The next thing i know, my avi was being physically assaulted by a progeny player, and when i asked him what the problem was, he threatens me in IM. It was at that point that i decided to investigate Progeny for myself and see what they were being so secretive about. You need to just back the hell up on your judgements before you know the whole story. 

The moment they decided to involve me, provoked by nothing more than talking about it in open chat, was the moment that i saw the disrespect inherent in their system. How exacxtly was i supposed ot know that openly discussing progeny was against their rules? Even if i knew that, as a non-player, i am not held to their rules, and i also have this grteat thing called freedom of speech....so, that means i should be able to talk about anything that i wish to talk about, without being attacked for it. If you had bothered reading everything i have posted up until this point, you might notice that i clearly stated that my biggest issue with progeny was the physical attacks, not necessarily the bites.

Also, as has been stated by more people than just me, they do not roleplay at all in the public sims, and certainly not in peace and private. TP'ing into big welcome areas full of newbies just to feed isnt RP, and it certainly isnt private. Attacking non-players isnt RP, and it certainly isnt peaceful. 

One suggestion for you would be to have some actual experience dealing with progeny yourself, otherwise YOU have no room to talk about pretty much anything on this subject. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are wasting your time Cleo, he has no intention of even trying to understand what people like us feel like, its best to ignore him and hope he grows up some time soon. Anyway, back to the discussion..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


CleoSertorii wrote:


Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Until you start respecting people's wish to roll play in peace and private, you've no room to talk about being disrespected.

...Dres

Dres, you seem to not be getting how all of this has worked out from my personal experience. When all of this started, all i had done was have a discussion about progeny with a friend of mine in local chat. I wasn't interfering with anyone's RP, nor was i disrespecting anyone's wish to do so. The next thing i know, my avi was being physically assaulted by a progeny player, and when i asked him what the problem was, he threatens me in IM. It was at that point that i decided to investigate Progeny for myself and see what they were being so secretive about. You need to just back the hell up on your judgements before you know the whole story. 

The moment they decided to involve me, provoked by nothing more than talking about it in open chat, was the moment that i saw the disrespect inherent in their system. How exacxtly was i supposed ot know that openly discussing progeny was against their rules? Even if i knew that, as a non-player, i am not held to their rules, and i also have this grteat thing called freedom of speech....so, that means i should be able to talk about anything that i wish to talk about, without being attacked for it. If you had bothered reading everything i have posted up until this point, you might notice that i clearly stated that my biggest issue with progeny was the physical attacks, not necessarily the bites.

Also, as has been stated by more people than just me, they do not roleplay at all in the public sims, and certainly not in peace and private. TP'ing into big welcome areas full of newbies just to feed isnt RP, and it certainly isnt private. Attacking non-players isnt RP, and it certainly isnt peaceful. 

One suggestion for you would be to have some actual experience dealing with progeny yourself, otherwise YOU have no room to talk about pretty much anything on this subject. 

Oh, I understand perfectly, sweety.  One person was rude to you so, instead of just blocking them and going about your merry way, you chose to start targeting Progeny players in order to instigate confrontations with them.  Then, once you receive the sort of negative reaction for which you were hoping, you use it to justify you're own inappropriate behavior and come here to proudly post about it, in hopes that one of the other fools here will give you a supportive pat on the back.

Unfortunately, by posting here, you open yourself up to the ridicule of those of us who don't buy into your little miss innocent act.  I will not back the hell up because I've all the room in the world in which to state my opinion on this matter.  So, I suggest you just suck it up.

...Dres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

You are wasting your time Cleo, he has no intention of even trying to understand what people like us feel like, its best to ignore him and hope he grows up some time soon. Anyway, back to the discussion..........

You're wrong, Snow... I have tried to understand.  It's you and your similarly, emotionally over-wrought cohorts who've failed to present any logically compelling argument which might have even come close to possibly convincing me to change my mind.

...Dres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Dres, I am glad that you at least admit your lack of understanding when it comes to personal emotions. In a way its a good thing, life would be very boring if we all had the same opinions and emotions. 

The amount of views that these pages on this forum have been getting is increasing, so in the same way as Latchiel likes the publicity gained here for his Progeny system, then I must assume that my goal is also being achieved too, and that is to simply bring Progeny out of the shadows and to peoples attention.

No one has to accept my views and feelings on anything, but it is my right to have them and I will not be silenced by you or anyone else. As you would say, Just ignore me.........

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Dresden Ceriano wrote:

 

Oh, I understand perfectly, sweety.  One person was rude to you so, instead of just blocking them and going about your merry way, you chose to start targeting Progeny players in order to instigate confrontations with them.  Then, once you receive the sort of negative reaction for which you were hoping, you use it to justify you're own inappropriate behavior and come here to proudly post about it, in hopes that one of the other fools here will give you a supportive pat on the back.

Unfortunately, by posting here, you open yourself up to the ridicule of those of us who don't buy into your little miss innocent act.  I will not back the hell up because I've all the room in the world in which to state my opinion on this matter.  So, I suggest you just suck it up.

...Dres

Oh great, now you are a mind reader and know what my motives were. Personally, i dont care what you think about me or the others who feel the same way that i do. You arent personally involved in it, so you have no reasons whatsoever to even try to see things from our side. To be blunt, i dont think you want to either. The fact that you consider us to be "fools" and have no problems at all with making assumptions about what we really think just shows that you are what i have said earlier...a troll. You just keep on being self righteous and condescending, since that seems to be what works for you. In the mean time, I think i'll just take snow's advice. You aren't worth my time anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


CleoSertorii wrote:


Dresden Ceriano wrote:

 

Oh, I understand perfectly, sweety.  One person was rude to you so, instead of just blocking them and going about your merry way, you chose to start targeting Progeny players in order to instigate confrontations with them.  Then, once you receive the sort of negative reaction for which you were hoping, you use it to justify you're own inappropriate behavior and come here to proudly post about it, in hopes that one of the other fools here will give you a supportive pat on the back.

Unfortunately, by posting here, you open yourself up to the ridicule of those of us who don't buy into your little miss innocent act.  I will not back the hell up because I've all the room in the world in which to state my opinion on this matter.  So, I suggest you just suck it up.

...Dres

Oh great, now you are a mind reader and know what my motives were. Personally, i dont care what you think about me or the others who feel the same way that i do. You arent personally involved in it, so you have no reasons whatsoever to even try to see things from our side. To be blunt, i dont think you want to either. The fact that you consider us to be "fools" and have no problems at all with making assumptions about what we really think just shows that you are what i have said earlier...a troll. You just keep on being self righteous and condescending, since that seems to be what works for you. In the mean time,
I think i'll just take snow's advice. You aren't worth my time anymore.

 

Unfortunately, you don't walk your talk. Not only are Dres and I not worth your time, but the Progeny folks who've annoyed you aren't either. As you continue to engage them, you provide them all the fuel they need to continue annoying you. Until you learn not to spend time on people who aren't worth it, things will not improve.

But I can understand why you don't actually take Snow's advice. She doesn't either.

;-).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.behindthefang.com/

New latest SLARP development meeting has been posted to Behind the Fang.

 

Comment to above:

Someone above said " even if Lachiel now admits to wanting to make a profit "

I have never claimed otherwise, Others have frequently and consistently assumed different.

 

My Policy is, and has always been:   Everything "needed" to Play progeny is and will always will be Free.

Many optional add on things have a free option or a fast for money option.  many more completely optional and unnecessary things have a fee to support the system's development and operation. 

You can, and for as long as progeny exists, play for free, the system and the community and never pay one L$. 

--

What kind of person Oberon is, or isn't is irrelevant to the conversation.   While he is one of my chief advisors,  ALL decisions related to the development and operation of the Progeny: System are my soul responsibility,  I frequently and consistently go diametrically opposed to all advice from my Diabolics and Arch Vampires,   I just as frequently and consistently grant them their requests,  all dependent upon how I feel the decision will best serve the Progeny Community. 

 

SO:  if you hate the system,,, hate me,  if you love the system, love me.   I don't really care which,  just spell my name correctly :-)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what I think most are complaining about, now correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe most feel this. First off let me say this. ROLL PLAY is a wiki site for DND, (Dungeons and Dragons) http://rollplaydnd.wikia.com/wiki/Rollplay_Wiki , I googled it because I wanted to know. It's also a loosely used game term too.

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game_terms#R_3

 

And that states this "

 

  • Roll-playing: A derisive term for rules-heavy games, occasionally to the point of requiring players to focus on game mechanics at the expense of role-playing"

 

 

Now taken from the dictionary.com site for what "Role-Play" is.
verb (used with object) 1. to assume the attitudes, actions, and discourse of (another), especially in a make-believe situation in an effort to understand a differing point of view or social interaction: Management trainees were given a chance to role-play labor negotiators.

2. to experiment with or experience (a situation or viewpoint) by playing a role: trainees role-playing management positions.verb (used without object)

3. to engage in role-playing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing

now what Progeny claims to be is a RPG (Role-playing Game), and it's easily read here as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game

I've even seen some say that it's a loosely used LARPG (Live Action Role Playing Game), which yes most of what happens in SL can be considered that when on their own SIMs and such, but the players love to come out into other SIMs, while having a group chat or two opened, and attack other players and laugh about it. Either way, There is no role play with their "Food" as they call the non-players. When I was apart of Progeny (shutters at that thought), but how I was approached was funny, an ex-friend IMs me asking if I wanted to be apart of the "ELITE" and I accepted, after a week, I dumped the HUD, and walked. Came back because I was asked to give it a second go so I did, thinking things could change. Sadly they didn't change. It was still the same ole BS , I survived as best as I could. Even found a place within Progeny that I loved for over a year. Could do as I pleased, and didn't care. Wasn't until I was put into positions that I didn't care for that I started to back out. I had a few that I made into Vamps like me, but they wanted it at the time. Then RL hit and I left SL and Progeny for a good 6 months. Came back to the same ole BS that I left from. Only this time they were getting braver with their attempts to break their beloved masquerade. Alts were being thrown into the game, etc. I watched friends get accused of things they didn't do because it made one Arch Vamp laugh. Etc. It wasn't until last year that I had my fill of it all and decided that I would go against their TOS which was to not talk bad against the system. I did so on their own forums to say the least. I laughed when I found out I was gone, happy too because now I had control of my life and not felt the need to be pressured into anything. They feed on the negative of the outside world. So they do read these forums and feed on that negativity. Shows the true mentality of them. Very few have I seen ever Role play. Most didn't know and still don't know what a Character Creation was, let alone how to go about creating one. Then there was those of us that did try to use the HUD just as it was designed to be an Aid to Role-play with. But were told, "This isn't what it's for", because they couldn't see the understanding that was taken. This house that was in Progeny Role-played among themselves on their own land. I know because I was also friends with that house owner as well, and he just like so many others. Grew tired of the "Coming Soon" on certain tools that were promised to the community (yes progeny see themselves as a community), They packed up their buildings , removed their fangs/huds, and deleted Progeny from their SL and deleted SL from their computers as well. A few of them I still talk via skype from time to time, but all have said same thing. They are happy to be out of that waste of a game". Now progeny just uses SL as it's own personal feeding grounds, and doesn't care who they drag into their world, if you don't know or do know about progeny ,but aren't apart of it. You're just their food source, and they will treat you as such, Not all members of progeny are like that, but vast majority are, and they love to attack other houses. Which at one time even made it impossible for them, because there was the time all vamp blood was poison to those outside of their bloodlines. So they attacked the humans that were aligned with said houses. Now it's a free for all, on each other, and others that consider "Food",

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...