Martin Emerald

Progeny Vampire System

CleoSertorii wrote:

<snip>

I snipped the entire post, because I think you've approached your own labeling system in a way that isn't very accurate.

I don't personally give a crap if someone bites me, and I don't really think less of those who do. BUT, that doesn't mean I think of sl as a game, either. Nor does it mean I believe avs are NPCs or anything remotely like that. I happen to take avs as people, and always think of them as people. I also thoroughly enjoy sl as an extension of rl, with a bit of imagination thrown in for good measure.

Regardless, labels are rarely ever accurate. :)

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

As a matter of principle, what distinguishes these scenarios from each other?

I asked a similar question earlier and posed a similar situation(av "imagines" or "pretends" whatever have you, to do something to another av, without the knowledge of the receiver, and also without disturbing the receiver, etc..) I haven't seen anyone actually answer that part though. So, it's really hard to understand where folks are coming from if I don't fully understand the complaint. Then again, I suppose no one ever said I had to, either :)

I teach my kids that curiosity is never a bad thing. I grew up with the same notion, and I still believe it. Even if the folks being asked take that curiosity and turn it into some slight because of some other actions by some other people.

I guess we'll never know...It's that damn tootsie pop thing all over again...sigh.

Please forgive my lack of American understanding, but how does this have any bearing on the discussion?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tootsie_Pop

Tootsie Pops are hard candy lollipops filled with chocolate-flavored chewy Tootsie Roll. They were invented in 1931 by Lukas R. "Luke" Weisgram

Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

Please forgive my lack of American understanding, but how does this have any bearing on the discussion?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Tootsie
_
Pop

Tootsie Pops
are hard candy lollipops filled with chocolate-flavored chewy Tootsie Roll. They were invented in 1931 by Lukas R. "Luke" Weisgram

Have you ever seen the commercials for Tottsie pops? I'm guessing perhaps not.

Anyway...in the commercials, a little boy asks an owl "Mr Owl, How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootise Pop". Mr owl then finds out, and while licking the tootie pop he counts out..."one, two, thre..."crunch-bits into the tootsie pop. Moral of the commercial...."how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie pop...The world may never know".

As for how it has any bearing on this topic...it relates to the fact that I still don't understand the difference between some of the scenarios  described, and clearly I'm not the only one(since I replied to Madeline's post,which also demonstrated a question that has yet to be answered, with a similar scenario). I've merely decided that perhaps it's a question folks don't want to answer, maybe don't know how to answer, and I really have no right to know the answer to.

I suppose folks who don't know the tootsie pop commercials may not understand my reference, for that, I apologize. It was merely a way to say..."it's a question I'll never have an answer to" :)

Face it, Tari... there is no answer to that question which would make any sort of rational sense.  I've done all I could to try to inject some reasoning into these anti-Progeny people's way of thinking and all it's gotten me is the delightful pleasure of being called an idiot and branded a troll.

I'm sure they'll all be happy to know that I've given up trying to educate them on the error of their ways and will now slink back into the shadows from where I'll read their posts and laugh, while pretending to bite them and drain them of all of their blood... just because I know how much that will actually harm them.

Of course, I do reserve the right to pop in with a comment from time to time as I see fit... but, what I'll no longer be doing is trying to reason with irrational people on this particular subject.  I've found that doing so is about as fruitless as these people's three year old crusade which has, as of yet, amounted to absolutely nothing.

...Dres (There's a reason why I recently changed my forum signature to that specific Jonathan Swift quote.)

furst (spellled rong on puprus) hehe

my bad sellin dont make me illiterate just a super bad seller :smileytongue:

now it seens this MASQURADE thingy applies to PV players ,,, those outside are not by its very meaning bond by it :matte-motes-evil-invert: meaning simply we can say what we feel.

Also does as was spoken of in this thread "Progeny Members Posting here means they have no "respect" for the masqurade???

if it hurt good ole Mr L to have his dirty washing aired in public why does he not come on to calmly reply to our posts, without being the stuck up fool he appears to be.

and why cant he comtrol his members

It would appear that "The source", from his only statement on this thread, likes the publicity it produces....despite it being against the "lore" he pretends to perpetuate. No doubt that is why he also posts on Twitter, despite that being against the so called masquerade.

These are the double standards that he has no doubt learned from those such as Oberon from Ravens Claw, or was it the other way around, shrugs, who knows!

As to the matter of control, well, seriously, would you listen to someone that says one thing and does another? 

Snowgoose Yootz wrote:

I am gonna miss you Dres..........

I thought I made it clear that I wasn't going anywhere.  I'm still here laughing and pretending to drain you of your blood. vampire.gif

...Dres

Let me see if I understand you, Ima. If I come up to you and say I'm biting your fairie-ness, that's a violation. I won't disagree. I could call that harassment. Yet that hasn't stopped me from pinching butts all over SL, and getting consistently good results. Maybe it's the delivery, not the message, that counts.

But it's also a violation if
I don't say a thing?
 The OP said (three years ago) that Progeny bites require neither notification nor particpation of the victim.

Well then, I challenge you to imagine all the violations I may nor may not have commited against you while writing this post. I'll warn you that I have a very active imagination. To make things easier, the first thing I may have imagined is that I robbed you of your imagination. The second thing I may have imagined was robbing you of the ability to feel indignation.

;-).

Ima. Do not, DO NOT, accept Maddy's challenge. Don't even think about it, really. You'll be swept away by a maelstrom of imaginary violations more horrible than anything you thought possible to imagine, and if you're not then she'll just imagine some more so awful that you won't even be able to stop yourself from imagining how horrible they'd be. She's nefarious, Ima.

edited for spelling. I actually typed, 'imaginitary'. :-D

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Let me see if I understand you, Ima. If I come up to you and say I'm biting your fairie-ness, that's a violation. I won't disagree. I could call that harassment. Yet that hasn't stopped me from pinching butts all over SL, and getting consistently good results. Maybe it's the delivery, not the message, that counts.

But it's also a violation if
I don't say a thing?
 The OP said (three years ago) that Progeny bites require neither notification nor particpation of the victim.

Well then, I challenge you to imagine all the violations I may nor may not have commited against you while writing this post. I'll warn you that I have a very active imagination. To make things easier, the first thing I may have imagined is that I robbed you of your imagination. The second thing I may have imagined was robbing you of the ability to feel indignation.

;-).

Ima. Do not, DO NOT, accept Maddy's challenge. Don't even think about it, really. You'll be swept away by a maelstrom of imaginary violations more horrible than anything you thought possible to imagine, and if you're not then she'll just imagine some more so awful that you won't even be able to stop yourself from imagining how horrible they'd be. She's nefarious, Ima.

edited for spelling. I actually typed, 'imaginitary'. :-D

Goodness gracious, Ms. Levenque! That's about the sweetest thing anyone's said about me in... well, forever.

;-).

trembles tho casused by major giggles after outing yet another PV in a store, then being threatend.

for gods sake lets see what the problem is.....O

They go round being sly thing they  have all the power, then once found out throw their toys out the cot,

OK OK OK PROG VAMPIES MY RP IS NOW TO "PUBLICLY OUT"PV MEMBERS IN LOCAL CHAT,,, SUCH A SWEET GAME, NO HUDS NEEDED NO MESSING, NO "HARM" CAUSED TO OTHERS AVI`S,, SO SHOULDNT BE ANY REASON FOR YOU LOT TO COMPLAIN AND MAKE PATHETIC WORTHLESS THREATS IN IM`s

TA-DAH!!!!

OH WHAT AM I THINKING?   IM BARLEY LITERATE, WHAT ON EARTH AM I DOING INVENTING A NEW RP SYSTEM THAT "EVERYBODY" IS FREE TO PLAY??

ANSWERS ON A POST CARD OR SEALED DOWN EVELOPE ADDRESSED TO THE SAUCER

RAISES MY HAND TO ASK A QUESTION...

DID SOMEBODY SAY SOMETHING ABOUT VAMPIRE SEDUCTION ??

WHATS SEDUCTIVE ABOUT SLY BITES THAT YOU DONT GET TO KNOW ABOUT VIA AN EMBRACE?

REPLIES AS ABOVE PLEASE TO THE SAUCER,,

:smileyvery-happy:

There is no seduction in progeny, to be quite honest, there really isnt much of anything in progeny cept a lot of moaning and complaining. Like I said in the past, as an ex-member who became smart and got out of the world of progeny. Nothing will ever truly change with it. For them it's a game to be played and with everyone in their wake to play it whether they know it or not. Much like the poseballs that do ask to animate your avatar, they will never ask to animate your avatar to bite you. They feel they have every right to be within 2 meters of your avatar, and the newly aquired "Follow an avi around " well thats an old script that can be dug up anywhere, just someone played around with the coding to make it more useable. The script I know of  that they probably played with is the old "/15 name of avatar " that will follow them around even on non-scripted SIMs, see that is the whole end game for them. To use their HUDs where ever they are in SL and feeling that they are above the rules from others that have to abide by the "No scripts", while their SIM, well they lag worse because they don't limit how many scripts one wears. Yet they truly do complain about it. There is no pleasing anyone in Progeny unless you drop to your knees and well you get the picture there. Or dump a ton of Lindens into Lachiels pockets so he can pay yet another months of SIM rent. Even at one time they used the Open Collars to leash themselves to their prey and followed them around. This is how much of a wasted time is spent. Trying to figure out how to reach an end game here for that system. I for one am glad to be away from that life in there. While yes my avatar is still a vampire, it's the nature I designed for it. I just no longer partake into any of the vampires in SL. I live my life in solitude, and isolated, As for the Masquerade part of Progeny, well that was apart of their whole "Bill of Rights" thing they have been trying to introduce into Progeny for the last 2 years I believe. They want it to be  a "Law &Order:Vampire Edition" in there. Hence my other reasoning for leaving, majority of progeny is made up mostly by those in Raven's Claw , while I have talked to, and met some nice people from there, I just feel sorry for the rest that are living their lives like disdained mindless drones always believing what the admins say. That is why I will always refer to progeny now being a "Cult", because if you don't agree with what the admins, or creators say, you're labeled an outcast. Well I welcome the title of "Outcast" because if it that is their normal, well they are truly sad people indeed. Since the opening of Progeny, you'd think by now they'd be out of "beta" stage, and yet they aren't, means someone doesn't code it properly and people find work arounds the scripts that Lachiel so painstaking claims to have created. They circumvent the game, by disassembling the HUD, and figuring out how to get around his API coding. Much like any type of coding. It can be hacked into, just plain and simple. As for the Dove device. I am not even sure it was a HUD< or just some type of device you placed on your land and it doved their huds so they couldn't feed there anymore. Either way, it would be nice to have for those that do not wish to be hounded by the progeny trolls. At least with Mars, once all the complaining stopped and etc. He had his development team create the garlic that even though it puts a users UUID into the system, it also stops the invites from happening. Lachiel will never allow that because he was greatly disappointed in HUNGER, Bloodlines, and a few others which is why he even created progeny. Realistic yes it is, annoying, Most for sure. In that world, I went from Vampire to "DEAD and BANNED", back to being a quick , their term for "Human" in their worldly annoying game. Does it bother me, Not in the last bit. I got smart and started seeing that it was making life complicated in there for me, that is my reason for leaving the game. I agree with a few here on the forums, that while yes this may be an annoying debate for some. For other's its about bringing awareness out and about to a game that as much as they have tried to keep it a secret isn't a secret anymore. so while we keep talkin bout it, maybe just a small glint of "Maybe" one day they will change it and offer something to keep our names and UUIDS out of their little game. But I wouldn't hold my breathe on that because that day will never come.

The fact is about Progeny, sadly, that the people that tend to "play" it are the types that have serious issues with the rights of others. They do not see anything even slightly wrong in what they do and are unprepared to even stop for a second to consider their actions. It is this blind faith that they have in a system that is, to me anyway, one of the big problems. The more I do as RevengingAngel does, that is, talk openly about those around me using it in open chat, the more people are asking me the same question, "how can such a system be allowed?" I see that as a good thing. Open discussions are always one of the best ways forward to try to reach understanding from all parties, yet The Source and most his "crew" seem unwilling to enter into any meaningful dialog other than bulling tactics or to try and sweep everything under the carpet by way of the "masquerade"

I will say once again, I have met some very nice people that are in Progeny, so I know for a fact they do not all share the same small mind of The Source.....

One thing to do is make sure that the Venue's you visit are informed of the following.   Have their hosts scan every so often and let their guests know that a Progeny member is scanning the crowd.  they might even ban them from attending.

this lot are to be avoided they use a vampire system that unlike Bloodlines allows them to feed without the "victim" being given any option.
Their actions are wholly disrespectful and is involving those not in their system to be involved without their premission.

"To detect Progeny fangs. In FireStorm, go to "world" > "area search". In "filter" deselect attachment and physical, then type "progeny" in the search. I tested it and it works. It shows any avatar wearing Progeny fangs.

Then minimize the area search so you can maximize it at any time.

Not just the fangs, but the HUD as well, but of course now it's been made that they have to wear the fangs for the HUD to even work. It's funny too, because the fangs come out only when they are biting someone, rest of the time they are invisible to the naked eye. But even though, most will not do that because it becomes tiresome after a while. As I've stated in the past, turning off scripts doesn't work because Lachiel found a work around to enable the HUD useable in No Script areas. Which there I feel is a violation of something, not sure what, but if people turn off scripts on their lands to reduce lag, then everyone including progeny members shouldn't be able to use that HUD at all. But I keep forgetting who the creator is. He feels he is above all the TOS and Rules set forth by Linden Lab. AR them just doesn't seem to do much good. Because in all honesty, unless you are seriously threatened by them, best they'll tell you to do is "Ignore" that person. While that is all in good, but in reality, they are using their alts to join the game as well. Something he wanted to save the game from since most of Bloodlines and a few other games allowed Alts to join right away, they have managed to circumvent the rules there too as well. Create an alt, let it sit for 30+ days, then embrace it into Progeny from a friend of theirs. So nothing is as crystal clear perfect as the source would have been believed. His feeble minded narrowness is his own destruction. But I agree, with Randy, there needs to be a better way to detect those fangs and HUDs to keep others aware of a progeny vampire within range. So for now, use the tools that we're given, and it works not just in firestorm, but Singularity and CtrAlt Viewer as well. Any 3rd party viewer that has "Area Search" enabled.

LadyShad0wz Greymoon wrote:

As I've stated in the past, turning off scripts doesn't work because Lachiel found a work around to enable the HUD useable in No Script areas. Which there I feel is a violation of something, not sure what, but if people turn off scripts on their lands to reduce lag, then everyone including progeny members shouldn't be able to use that HUD at all.

The "work around" that the HUD must use is, I would think, calling llTakeControls() in the run_time_permissions event.    

As the Notes in the llTakeControls article explain, 

If a script has taken controls, it and other scripts in the same prim will not be stopped if the Agent enters a "No Outside Scripts" parcel. This is done to keep vehicle control alive and AOs functional. This is an intentional feature.

Most people who make HUDs and other scripted attachments use it as a matter of routine.

its so crazy but a lil fun, finding Progeny Users, then annoucing them in local

The more funny thing is how upset the poor dear get after being "unmasked" for being sly,

oh well think ill just have to carry on with my unmasking RP.

it maybe a case of not making new friendsm tho if they are Progeny.. i really wouldnt wish for their frendship

Yes, I admit that it is indeed fun, although that was never the intention for me, all I wanted to do was bring the whole Progeny thing out in the open so that people could make up their own minds about it!

It now seems that more and more people are slowly becoming aware of the Progeny system and asking me how to detect the players, so much so I have had to put the instructions into my SL profile to save time typing it all out, LOL.

I have yet to encounter any of the more threatening members of Progeny, but no doubt that time will come as i visit more and more of their feeding grounds. 

Anyway, time for me to go to another infohub to spread the word, Have fun people!

Good Evening,

As the creator of the Progeny: Vampire system.   I though I would chime in here to correct a few minor misconceptions that have been said above.

I do so at the risk of stopping this debate/rant, and trust me I do not want to do that. RevengingAngel1 and others. Keep it going please! :D  Hate on me and my community all you want, I dig it.

MC1-- Progeny was to be always free.

NO! Many have had that idea, but it is not correct. Progeny IS and Always will be Free to Play. Meaning everything necessary to play is free or has a free option.    The HUD / System is free, so long as you find someone willing to embrace you.   Potency is Free if you want to wait for it’s natural generation or you can buy some, or swap with others.   But I have not worked for nearly 4 years because I am a saint, I do hope someday that this system will generate revenue so that I can devote full time to it’s development. It dose cover slightly more than its costs now and that is a big improvement.   Progeny is a business but you can play it for years and never pay one cent if you don’t want to.  

MC2-- Only two or three people in the history of the system have ever been promoted for their financial donations to the system.    Most are self-promoted, getting into the upper echelons of power, Arch Vampire Diabolic, member of my own SL family, is based on contribution to the system in the form of participation not donation.

MC3—rants of Non-Progeny Players.   If you do not play progeny and do not want to play progeny, your status in Progeny doesn’t matter, it has no real effect on your AV in any way.  The affects of progeny are strictly within progeny.   No personal information about your AV is obtained or stored with the exception of the UUID which is a random and unique serial number associated with every object in SL, Avitars, Prims, Messhes anything you can see except particles.    There is nothing to tie this number to your RL personality, or even your avatar unless a progeny player encounters you again later. The name and such that are displayed in the HUD messages are acquired via LSL script in real time when they scan you and are not stored.

Example 1:

Progeny is like a LARP in RL, imagine you go to a bar in RL where VtM is being played Larp Style. You are having a drink with your Girl Friend.   Two LARPers are playing at the bar behind you, one says to the other who is a ref “I mesmerize the guy behind me and take a bite” , the ref says “ Ok you gain 1 blood point “, the first guy says, ok lets go do that combat now. ( progeny is like this )

Were you in RL really bitten? Was your conversation with your GF interrupted, did they tap you on the shoulder and say,,, “HEY were are playing a game and I want to pretend to bite you so I can win this combat later, and hey here is a business card so you can join the game later if you want too it’s just 5 dollars to play.” NO, that Roleplay had nothing to do with you and should not interrupt your conversation in any way.

Example 2:

You are at a party mixing, some dude in a black cape walks up to you as if to chat, rolls some dice in his hand and looks at you, smiles and says “ I am a Vampire, I just bit you and now you are dead “ laughs and walks away. Never having physically touched you.

Are you going to run to the police and claim you were assaulted? And that your personal freedom was violated?   No!, you will turn to your neighbor and say “ man that guy is a whack job! “. If you do go to the police and say “I was attacked and killed by that guy, I want him arrested!” the police are going to smile politely and think “ you are a whack job! “.

I could go on, but,,,,

Both of these examples are like progeny, and most other vampires systems in SL,   If you do not want to participate in their communities, the status of your AV’s object number doesn’t matter in the slightest to you as a player of Second Life.    If at some point later on you want to join the system but find that your Av is considered dead. That is easily fixed,,, it’s a game!.

Final Words!

Those Avatar’s that are Banned from the system, there are many, and there are only two reasons people get banned from the system.  

A# Exhibiting abusive behavior toward another player ( not character to character ),

B# being rude or obnoxious to the creator or support staff.