SL Viewer won't run

ky0claw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone. I just received a Dell Inspiron 1521 yesterday and attempted to install the default SL Viewer. However, every time I try to run the program, a message pops up saying: "Gathering hardware information. App may appear frozen." I'm assuming that there is a hardware issue, but going by the system requirements and the laotop's specs (http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/dell-inspiron-1521/4507-3121_7-32471368.html), it should run fine. Is there something that doesn't meet the requirements that I overlooked, or could it be something else?

Thank you for reading.

• Graphics Processor ATI RADEON Xpress1270 HyperMemory

I think you will find that the graphics chipset may not meet the requirements.  A quick read through some of the forums that popped up when I searched this processor stated poor performance with standard games and SL is usually hard to please.

You might try updating the graphics drivers by downloading the latest from ATI (AMD) for this chipset.  Just because the laptop is new doesn't mean it comes with the latest drivers.

Also you can try to run the viewer without the hardware check.   Use --noprobe in your startup string.  See Viewer parameters for more details on how to use it.

--Cinn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.