IS THE MARKETPLACE BROKEN AND GIVING AWAY PRODUCTS FOR FREE?

Crissi Yoshikawa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LOL Don't worry Crissi - Pam's comment wan't directed at you but more of a topical joke. Glad you got your stuff working.

BTW - increased rate of failures with shopping cart has a Jira: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4457 (which, incidentally, explains Pam's comment too, lol).

Someone mentioned the early morning delay  - it actually seems to be fixed permanently now. Was fixed sporadically for a couple of days here and there but seems to be solid for a few days now (https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4260 if you're interested).

There's also a Jira about gift purchases failing more often too - https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-3864

That thing with old deleted magic boxes haunting the box status page seems to be the most common problem affecting people that not many know about - the fact that you need to get in throught the barracaded old xstreet site to even see them doesn't help. I only found that a while back when I'd rezzed a couple of box copies to test something temporarily, then suddenly had a spate of failed deliveries.

AHA!  I see what Pamela's comment was about.  Its a pity that some are so unappreciative of collaborative help.  Anyway, I am very appreciative of your help.  I also see from the JIRA that the problem I encountered is being experienced by others too.  I made the unfortunate assumption that if my magic box was working ok, which it had been, that it didn't need upgrading which is now clearly wrong.  Upgrading it seems to have fixed it completely and I can see  now that is probably due to communications improvements that have been made in newer boxes.

As a point of interest, I think I have figured out what triggered the start of my particular problem (with the old magic boxes still in place). For the first time in months I had updated some of the sales items in the magic boxes to new versions, restarted them from their menu and resynced them from trom the marketplace.  Starting with the very next delivery, the problem started.  Why that would trigger the problem I have no idea but its far too much of a coincidence to be unrelated to the problem onset.  In any case the magic box update fixed it.

As far as the hidden magic box management list, I had taken the wrong turn at the barricade back to the marketplace several times when following the marketplace path to manage your magic boxes assuming the link was broken and not even imagining the management of the marketplace magic boxes would be done in the old and long gone XStreet web pages.  Not a thoughtful implementation, to put it nicely.  They could have hidden it under the rock behind the garage like my extra house key, but then only burglars looking for the house key would have found it I suppose, perhaps along with wayward XStreet archeologists.  It certainly would not be found by marketplace merchants trying to manage their magic boxes. LOL

Crissi Yoshikawa wrote:

It is a LeTigre RC sim so there are weekly restarts with new guinea pig server software. (BTW, what did I do to deserve being a server software guinea pig?  I pay the same tier as everyone else. What would happen if a bank tried that with their customers doing forced online software testing??) Anyway, I digress.  Getting upset is pointless, they do what they do-we have to live with it such as it is.

I have mixed feelings about this.  On the one hand you could also view it as being offered fixes before others.

In reality, there is no beta anymore, LL now run the whole grid as beta in one of 4 channels.

LeTigre, Magnum, Bluesteel and the largest beta channel of all... Main Server.

They all have different bugs, different levels of software and script functions which makes it a pain to keep up with whats on where at any time.  I understand and agree with the sentiment though, they've pretty much abandoned the aditi grid, understandably, you can't adequately test when there's insufficient test data.

Yes, thanks for your comments Sassy.  I  understand and agree they need to test and Aditi gets almost no traffic.  And yes, we get server fixes before the main grid, but we also get the new bugs that are found once beta hits the LeTigre RC that get fixed before it reaches the main grid, at least theoretically.  

Its just so frustrating with week after week of having the next beta dumped on your sim while you're paying them a lot of tier money every month to try and run a business that they are intent on taking away with the marketplace.  Especially when trying to do any object/script/NC rezz or edit work in a nearly empty sim can take up to a minute of finger drumming and four letter words to happen (if it happens successfully at all) and a significant amount of the chat comes in 5-10 seconds late and out of order.

Sim performance definitely is going downhill in my sim despite the new beta releases that we "voluntarily" test and our constant vigilance on sim resource usage and seemingly fine performance stats.  Trying to focus on the positives of which there are many.  What would we bitch about if not for SL? lol

If you own the sim...or occupy most of the land on the Mainland sim, you can ask for the servers to be changed via "Live Chat" support.  I've successfully gotten away from being a guinea pig twice in recent times.....for both an Estate sim and a Mainland sim.

I asked to be placed on a Main Grid server.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.