The difference between mainland and Linden land?

Fistee Forager

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

There's not a bunch of difference.  Mainland is Linden Lab as Rolig said.  But Linden Land is a little more narrowly defined.  You'll only have what is commonly called Linden Land on Mainland.  Roads, railways, or protected space are generally called Linden Land.  You'll never see Linden Land on a private estate.  Linden Land is for all residents to enjoy and no one can legally build or develop Linden Land.  Linden Land is often intermixed with resident owned land on Mainland Continents..for instance, my plot of mainland property is surrounded on three sides by Linden Land  Two sides are just Linden protected land (no one can build on it so I have no threat of a neighbor moving in and putting up a huge build that would surround my land and make it like a prison.  The third side is a Linden railroad.......no threat there either of someone putting something ugly up.  The only side that is not Linden Land is the plot just north of my land and on another sim....so far in the 6 years no one has put anything really ugly yet.

I like my plot for that reason..........I'm almost surrounded by protected land.  :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.