Sign in to follow this  
Lumychan

Hiding hair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure if I should be posting this in the scripting section, but here goes anyways:

I've been making a couple of hats that I want to sell and since I want them to fit on the majourity of people with different hair styles, I wanted to know if there's any way to hide the hair sticking out of the hats. Something like an alpha, perhaps?

Is there a way?

Hmm...I think if there is such a way, we would have already seen lots of hats like that. If all the textures used for the hair sticking out are alpha textures, an invisiprim could hide it, though.

Best I have found is to have hair that is modify, so people can adjust their hair themselves. With all these annoying resize scripts, though, modify hair is getting less common :(

Nope. Most hair uses a mix of alpha and non-alpha prims, so an invisiprim wouldn't help you to hide someone else's hairstyle.

The buyer of the hat will need to mod a copy of their hair so the hair doesn't poke through.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.