Sign in to follow this  
Aurelia Chauveau

UV mapping problem....

Hi Everyone

I have my model set in maya, I have created my perfect UV map.  I have exported the model into SL, then I go to add on my texture in SL and its all warped looking like the original UV maps - not the current "pretty perfect" UV map!! How do I get the model uploaded with the current UV map from my model? I though it would come with it automatically?

What step am I missing? I have uploaded a texture after UVing before - now its just not behaving!! GRRR!! :matte-motes-dont-cry:

Aurelia

I don't know Maya at all, but sometimes the problems in loading the same mesh again are related to the cached copy the uploader saves as .SLM file and it tries to reuse the cached copy. Unset debug setting MeshImportUseSLM  or delete the .SLM file before uploading the mesh to check if that's the problem.

Ugh I found the problem LOL Isn't it always the case when you ask the question then next min you find the answer yourself LOL

I was picking the wrong map from my UV plugin - it works now I selected the right one... Thanks for the help tho.. I'll keep that tid bit of info for next time :D