How do i set up my land & group so that DJs can run events on my sim?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there,

I own a Homestead sim that is 'set' to my group (not deeded). I want to enable DJs and live singers to run events on the sim. I will not always be logged in to help so I need them to be able to:

• Change the music stream, and
  • Rez a tip jar 

I am confused about how to make this work and cant find the answer in SL's Wiki. I gather I need to have the right land settings and and group member role permissions in place. So here are my key questions ... 

Land questions

What land settings do I need to configure, if any? Do I need to deed the land to the group? If i deed the land, does this mean my group members "own" the land? If so, can they sell it? (deeding scares me a bit!) Is there anything else about the land I need to make sure is set up? 

Group questions

I have created a special group member role for DJs and have set permissions for these people to change the stream and rez items.  However, when a DJ wears this group tag, these permissions do not work. What am I missing or doing wrong? 

Hope you can help!

Thanks,
Carmsie 

thank you for the link and i am very grateful for the answer to my problem. i was unsure where i should ask the question, so i posted it twice...my bad, it seems. fathoming sl and how/where to get assistance can be confusing sometimes. was a sarcastic reply designed to make me feel foolish really necessary? a polite and friendly explanation would have worked too, you know. 

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.