how do i set up my land and group so that DJs can run events on my sim?

Carmsie Melodie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi there,

I own a Homestead sim that is 'set' to my group (not deeded). I want to enable DJs and live singers to run events on the sim. I will not always be logged in to help so I need them to be able to:

• Change the music stream, and
  • Rez a tip jar 

I am confused about how to make this work and cant find the answer in SL's Wiki. I gather I need to have the right land settings and and group member role permissions in place. So here are my key questions ... 

Land questions

What land settings do I need to configure, if any? Do I need to deed the land to the group? If i deed the land, does this mean my group members "own" the land? If so, can they sell it? (deeding scares me a bit!) Is there anything else about the land I need to make sure is set up? 

Group questions

I have created a special group member role for DJs and have set permissions for these people to change the stream and rez items.  However, when a DJ wears this group tag, these permissions do not work. What am I missing or doing wrong? 

Hope you can help!

Thanks,
Carmsie 

2 answers to this question

The land HAS to be deeded to the group for group members to change media settings in the About Land Dialog.  Rezzing a tip jar should work just fine with the land being just set to group.

Yes the group "owns" the land if you deed it, but it is very easy to limit the group role abilities so that only you can sell it and control major land functions.  NEVER make someone else an Owner.  Just one exception to that rule.  Its good to have an alt account who is also a group owner.  That way if you do something silly like leaving your own group (it happens!) your alt can add you back to the group

--Cinn

• Like 5

Hello Carmsie. You have to deed the land to your group. If you deed the land to your group other members will no be able to sell the land except if you give them this power under their role in your group (parcel management). Your second issue will be resolved if you deed the land in the group assuming that you have set correctly the abilities into your group (parcel settings --> Change music & media settings and parcel powers --> Always create objects).

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.