i bought an avi but i didnt receive it, and i paid over $1000.

SecretFromHeaven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

ive spend several thousand trying to get my avi launched. i got the demo first, then the original, "cherie" shape from dr. life, over L1000. i have the demo only. i bought from inworld but also from the catalog that also didnt come. so here i am with the ugly demo shape with the big ears and feet and out of a few thousand linden. i didnt keep a full record because i was told it would all show up in my account purchases, but only two items show there. what does show is that i went from nearly 8000L to 4000. HELP!

5 answers to this question

Hello SecretFromHeaven and welcome to SL Forums. Are you sure that you didin't get the original shape? If you purchased it in world is possible not to find it into the "Objects folder" but elsewhere in your inventory. Use the search (filters) there typing the name or a part of it and see if you can find the shape this way. If not, contact the merchant sending a notecard and ask politely for redelivery. Be patient because some residents don't log in every day. About your second question open your dashboard (log in http://secondlife.com ) --> Account on the left --> Transaction History to see where exactly your lindens gone.

• Like 1

The first problem is to see if things are just being slow. Without knowing what time zone you are in we can't know if the Slow Delivery problem is biting you. From Midnight to 5 AM Pacific Time the Lab has had a delivery problem. It can takes hours to get a delivery during those hours.

I've heard that problem has been fixed. But, I have not seen a confirmation.

A whole load of other problems can cause a delivery to fail. I tend to buy things one item at time and wait for delivery.

The next step is to find the transaction in your Transaction History. You will need to send information from the history to the merchant to get them to resend the item. You will find the history in your Dashboard. On the web try: https://secondlife.com/my/index.php You will need to login. 

In the left menu under Account you will find your Transaction History. You will need the Date, Time, ID Prefix, Description, and Debit amount. This information will let the merchant find your transaction in their history and easily confirm your purchase. It is surprising how many just send a failed delivery complaint in the hope that a merchant is too busy to check things and will just send an item to them. 

This delivery system is scheduled for replacement this month. We don't know if they will make their time line. If they do, we are hoping these problems go away.

• Like 1

You're getting good advice on fixing the purchase problem, so I'll advise something different for the future:  Don't spend a lot of money on a shape.

You can, with a little patience and tweaking, design a lovely shape for yourself using the Appearance sliders.  What you will need is a good skin and some nice hair.  Try the demos first before you buy, and buy in world, not on the Marketplace.  Some good skin makers are LAQ, Curio, Redgrave, Belleza, and Symphony.  Some good hair makers are Damselfly, Truth, Analog Dog, and Amacci.  There are many others of course, this is just off the top of my head.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.