Prevent the Sleep animation a character does when AFK?

archsagesoren

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone have suggestions/knowledge of how one would go about doing this? I'm thinking that if there's some way to detect if your character is AFK on a worn item, you could theoretically use it to stop the animation. Otherwise I'll have to see if I can hunt down that animation inside any avatar I need to sleep-proof, and kill it. I don't like that idea.

Any/all input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!

I think, from the wiki page on Internal Animations, the actual animation is "away", uuid fd037134-85d4-f241-72c6-4f42164fedee. 

I'm not quite clear, though, why you need to stop it.   Why not simply set Preferences-General-Avatar Away Timeout to Never?  Or do you actually want automatically to go afk after a while but to play a different animation?

• Like 1

Well, at this very moment your suggestion fits rather well, can't believe I overlooked that V_V"

However,  I'd still like to make AFK possible, because we're showing  an art gallery at a live exhibition, but nobody from the SecondLife team can make it to the live show to run the tour. We had a bit of a date misunderstanding... In theory, I'd like them never to fall asleep, and if they've been away for something like 5-10 minutes, for the avatar to teleport automatically to the beginning of the gallary. It's this Monday, and the teleport option is little more than an extra last minute idea, so it's not that important. I should be able to puzzle it out from here, probably.

If I've properly understood it, you've got live characters in your live exhibition, but, if they are AFK for any length of time, you want to tp them back to the entrance rather than have them fall asleep in the middle of the gallery?

Depending on what they're doing while they're at the keyboard, how about setting the AFK timeout to "Never" and put a very slow timer in their AOs that resets with each control event and on AGENT_TYPING?    If they neither move nor type for 5 minutes or so, put up a dialog to warn them they'll be tp-d back to the entrance unless they click to confirm they're still around.

Just to clarify: a typical AO won't affect idle state.  When I said "work like an AO" I meant a script that constantly monitors (in this case looking for the away state or the idle anim running) and turns off the idle anim.  The away state will go away when you turn off the idle anim.

That's if I recall this stuff correctly; it's been a few years.

PS: I like Innula's idea.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.