No Support for Current 'Entire Inventory attached on Login Issue'

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure what viewer you are using, but depending on the viewer I would go into your %APPDATA% directory, and delete the Second Life Folders in these directorys only, for example the folder named "Second Life", and the Folder named "Phoenix" as well as any other viewers you used clear them and it  should fix a lot of issues.

The default paths to check for the Second Life Folders are.

C:\Users\"User Directory"\AppData\Roaming

C:\Users\"User Directory"\AppData\Local

Your Second Life folders should be easy to recognize, clear out your cache, and settings manually 100% you can safely delete them just make sure you only erase the Second Life folders, and the viewer folder you are using nothing else.

Then try logging back in again, and see if it still does it, if it does wait for your inventory to load, Enable the Advanced Functions menu, and go to Advanced > Character > Character Tests > Test Male/Female.

Wait for it to reload and relog usually solves the issues.

I would post more information but I do not use Viewer 2 or Viewer 3, and not sure what you are using. It could also be that one of your viewers corrupted your settings, and if done correctly should easily be resolved.

Alchera Pexington wrote:

I have tried everything.  3 different viwers, clearing cache and computer.. setting all the debug sttings to default.  the only thing that works is taking it all off one at a time.  I am down to the last 10000 items and can do it 10 at a time now.  sigh

Did you try Pussycats suggestion to just "pull the plug" on your computer so nothing has a chance to "save?"

Would love to hear from more people if this trick worked for them also. 

p.s, Does any one know of a JIRA for this issue?  I can't find one.

• 2 months later...

Comments 2012-04-18 13:43:06 DeanT Scout Drakeo Resident, Thank you for contacting us at Linden Lab Support. I'm sorry to hear you're having object issues. If this is regarding an object of yours that is on land you no longer own and the owner refuses to return it please submit an abuse report. If this is regarding an object that was returned but is missing from your inventory please see the following: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_Loss If this did not resolve the problem please respond back with additional details on your issue, as I am not clear if you are talking about an object that is currently there in-world or has been returned. Regards, DeanT Scout Linden Lab 2012-04-21 03:39:48 Me the owner of the land is linden labs so as the you can see this 100 dollars of intan can cause your simple abbility to back up inventory. it was taken in to my inventory where you all lost it durring you back up thank you. please be so kind as to look in to your back up. cloud keeps three at all times. 2012-04-21 04:20:39 Me The name of the Item is Drakeo's Heart Dance Intan . this should be very easy for you all to find. I am sure it is in your back up. 2012-04-21 10:23:39 DeanT Scout Drakeo Resident, Thank you for responding to this support case ticket. I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues. I am still not completely clear if you are referring to an item that is rezzed in world that you cannot get to or an item that is missing after being returned to your inventory from you abandoning a piece of land. Can you please respond back with further clarification on this matter? Regards, DeanT Scout Linden Lab 2012-04-23 09:32:31 Me Dean I when abandoning the land the intan was not returned to my inventory. there is some other minor objects also. the object named Drakeo's Heart Dance intan was not returned to my inventory. I have searched everywhere piece by piece over 8000 pieces of inventory. 2012-04-24 10:48:24 DeanT Scout Drakeo Resident, T213

• 3 weeks later...

I'm experiencing the same issue with the wearing a mess load of my items and stuck in cloud mode. I have cleared my cashe, (failed to help) even went into appdata and cleared out roaming and local(Failed to help). I did try Imprudence and was able to get in and see yself and dress with no problems, downside for thaat is i have alot of mesh which makes it a drag to not wear them. I have tried multiple avies and mine is the only one with this issue, the others in the house had no trouble. Linden labs responce of get a premium account  to get support is a very unfortunate situation but you know companys need all the cash they can get :(. There is something wrong with some of the avatars in sl either its an isolated few of us or it is going to get worse. Maybe they should just fix it before it gets worse.

Nos Darkthorn wrote:

I'm experiencing the same issue with the wearing a mess load of my items and stuck in cloud mode. I have cleared my cashe, (failed to help) even went into appdata and cleared out roaming and local(Failed to help). I did try Imprudence and was able to get in and see yself and dress with no problems, downside for thaat is i have alot of mesh which makes it a drag to not wear them. I have tried multiple avies and mine is the only one with this issue, the others in the house had no trouble. Linden labs responce of get a premium account  to get support is a very unfortunate situation but you know companys need all the cash they can get
:(
. There is something wrong with some of the avatars in sl either its an isolated few of us or it is going to get worse. Maybe they should just fix it before it gets worse.

do you use the folders to change outfits?

one thing that can trigger this is clickingon a folder to change an outfit and then replacing that outfit by clicking on another outfit folder to replace it..

those are all links and sometimes it can cause your whole inventory to links to you and start to attach everything to your avatar..

once it's all linked you have to go into an older viewer without all the attach points..then unattach anything that is left on..then see if you can delete the outfit folders..

then uninstall the same way you did with a full clean uninstall and then reinstall..

see if that helps at all..

also if it does start to do it again..do what Pussycat said..crash your viewer..don't log out..you have to disrupt  the proccess..turn off your power surge protector or shut the computer off or unpug it so it crashes the viewer..

also don't use detach all..just take each thing off slow..

also i'm wondering if just unpluging the modem connection may interupt the proccess if it starts back up..it may..it sure would be a lot easier..

Ok, so this is what i did....i managed to detach every thing off my self. When that was done I went in and searched for link. Everything that had link on the end I deleted. Then I forced myself into Ruth and then relogged a couple times and stayed as Ruth. Found a full avie in my inventory and changed and relogged and Im back too normal.  Ok now the down side for me on this and I don't know if it will be the same for all of you. I originally had almost 20000 items in my inventory, since this happened i now have 900. The items I do have left appear to be corrupted and am unable to attach or rez. So in the end I have an avatar that appears to be back to normal  that I don't dare use again, I hate spending cash to be forced to start again.

To those who helped me, Thank you :) 

Trouble..Thank you too :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.