password

XMadisonX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

we are a couple in rl and we both have an account in sl.. my hubby can see my transactions and history on the dashboard and I can see his... now i change my password like every now and then and so does he...nothing wrong with that ...but, and here it comes...while he is logged in on my dashboard on his pc and I am on mine....password is changed!!!!! He still can see what there is going on on my dashboard...he has to log off if he doesn't he still has acces...why doesn' t the system log him off??? What if somebody hacks your account and he doesn't close the page this person can still see stuff....NOT!!! that they could do something with it... Is just something we noticed and kinda worries us!!!

Ignoring any intrarelationship security risks you are taking, this is symptomatic of the structural weakness of LL's multi-property web presence, with security holes you could drive a virtual truck through because the single password is replicated across multiple microsites - not a recommended approach, but a "convenience" for users - which have to pass the verification information around on an asynchronous basis.

Pie says "Exploitable? You tell me!"

And also, you will find that your teleport history inworld will also show your RL partner's teleport history.  It's good not to have secrets with the people you live with I guess.

Regarding the website. All you can do is ensure you have logged out completely from any part of the website you are logged into, and uncheck the box on your viewer on the log in screen that remembers your name and password to maximise security.

It is a minefield! And also why sometimes people are unable to access SL from one computer, if another person in the household has been a bad boy or girl.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.