Do you need to download any specific plugins for blender (the JASS-2 package) to bring in sculpties?

Dom Kingsley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So i have downloaded blender because I wish to create a sculpted mesh. I've downloaded the JASS-2 package from http://blog.machinimatrix.org/jass/.  It includes Blender, Python, and the plugin  that makes it VERY easy to create and export sculpty UV maps to SL...

Here is my problem... I make my scluptie which is kind of boxy like a rubix cube; when I bring it into SL using the UV image... the sculpt is distorted... Some of the straight edges are bent/have new points in them and it doesn't realy look like it did when I view it in blender...

It is wierd because when I use the SAME UV image to bring the object back into blender... the sculpt shows up perfectly...

Does anyone know what is going on here? Do I need to download a plugin to solve this problem?

1 answer to this question

No extra plugin is necessary.  JASS-2 does it all.  You do need to be sure that you are importing the UV map as an uncompressed image, and you need to be sure that you are applying the same stitching type in SL that you used when you created the sculpty in Blender. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.