That contest called Capture Love

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It made me thought of the Capture software, a smart little useful freeware to take screenshots. So in that way that makes sense. Talking about software, btw, I have noticed some pictures obviously edited in Photoshop or another edit tool, which is strictly forbidden according to the contest rules. I wonder if this will be noticed by the contest organizers... :smileyindifferent:

valerie Inshan wrote:

btw, I have noticed some pictures obviously edited in Photoshop or another edit tool, which is strictly forbidden according to the contest rules. I wonder if this will be noticed by the contest organizers... :smileyindifferent:

I have to admit, I submitted a pic which was heavily processed in photoshop..and then I read the wiki-page with complete rules (heh!), soooo...I removed my entry immediately!

Will do a new one, but then inworld and no tricks - other then windlight, depth of field and maybe a HUD-Photofilter :).

I originally thought the capture was just a clever way of the picture feature, but I guess it means something different to everyone.

As far as not being able to use photoshop or other edit software, there are still ways to spice up the pictures.  Not everyone can run the shadows on their veiwer, but you can still make them the old way, by just editing a texture specifically for the pose and replacing it inworld so it matches.

Yeah, I thought that roleplaying capture had suddenly become vogue with LL and they were replacing the vampire forums with capture forums as flavor of the month.

As far as no photoshop, you can do quite a bit in SL to tweak the photos. The atmospheric settings can adjust the lighting and color. Add light emitting prims for highlights. There are the shadows and depth of field. You can add particles and props. You can add a background prim with whatever image you want in the background. Heck you could set the background prim to semi-transparent and add several background prims with whatever images needed, effectively creating layers as in photoshop. You could put foreground layers as well. Set things to glow.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.