My av rezzes fine, but I see nothing but gray on others.

Harmony Riverstone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

99% of things rez just fine, typical lag when walking, dancing, etc. However. since I got my new laptop I do not see any one else's avatar as anything but gray.  Mine appears to me to be just fine!  I've tried lowering settings...maximizing settings. Don't know what else to do! AMD Radeon HD 6520G/Quad Core

4GB Ram, and the product specifications lists graphics as dedicated, but who knows...  I will increase the bandwidth..although I have run it up to max, down to low, and in between and although it does help with packets, it has not helped with the gray avatars situation. I think it's strange that avatars are the only thing affected!

1 answer to this question

Hello Harmony and welcome to SL Forums. Sounds like a graphics issue. AMD Radeon 6520G is an integrated graphics processor with no dedicated graphics memory so with simple words, it "borrows" memory from your ram. You don't report something for your RAM but it should be at least 4GB in order to run SL smoothly with your graphics card. However give a try to download the latest drivers for your card ( http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx ) and see if that makes any difference. If you have a fast internet connection, try also to increase your maximum bandwidth.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.