TV on SL

Jolene Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I rent a condo on SL.  In the past, I had a TV that would play old RL movies and TV shows.  The one I have now only seems to play SL broadcasts.  I'd like to have more TV viewing options.  Is this a function of the condo, the TV or both.  I just talked to my land lord and he gave me this TV.   When I asked him if I could get more channels he suggested buying my own TV.

My question is - how can I get more TV channels and options?

Jolene Rae wrote:

I rent a condo on SL.  In the past, I had a TV that would play old RL movies and TV shows.  The one I have now only seems to play SL broadcasts.  I'd like to have more TV viewing options.  Is this a function of the condo, the TV or both.  I just talked to my land lord and he gave me this TV.   When I asked him if I could get more channels he suggested buying my own TV.

My question is - how can I get more TV channels and options?

You can search the marketplace or inworld for TV's.

Most TVs come with a notecard that allows you to add "channels" -- URLs of streaming video sources.  That's especially true of free TVs and others that a landlord would be likely to supply to tenants.

On the other hand, I was told that one of the old sources of old TV and movie streams quit operating a while back, so that may be another problem: finding good URLs to use. Maybe somebody will share some current ones.

You can show any web page, including video, using the Browser on Prim technology.

V3.2 Be sure to see the BOPs in Second Life

http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/2011/12/kit-v32-be-sure-to-see-bops-in-second.html

If you want a working browser screen, you can send me an IM inworld. and I will send you one (free) that you can set to your choice of web pages.  Minor script editing -- you have insert the url you want.

TKR

i haven't used the old tv's in awhile..

now i use the flash TV's..the old tv's you had to setup your media on your land and  put the urls on your land..somethig like that..it's been awhile since i had used that type..plus if you rented and did not own the land you had to have the landlord set those up or get permission for land media..

the flash tv's you can drop pretty much anywhere you live..if you rent or own...

all you need is media turned on in your viewer if i remember right..something like that..

i haven't really watch much tv in sl lately..i just know the flash tv's were much more user friendly as far as setting them up..

and as others have siad..you could just use media on a prim and get any site you want for them by just typing the url in the address bar above the prim =)

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.