Few basic questions

Shihan Feiri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there,

I have few questions.

1. Somwhere I have read that llRegionSay will not be available in future. True or false?

Can command bellow searc for object by his uuid object key where target is uuid of object

llSensor("", target,ACTIVE|SCRIPTED, 95.0, PI);

Thank you in advance

Even if llRegionSay() is deprecated, llRegionSayTo() would most probably remain as it is a relatively new one.

If you are scanning for a certain object via its uuid, you might want to modify your sensor line as:

llSensor("", target,ACTIVE|SCRIPTED|PASSIVE, 95.0, PI);

in case the object is not scripted.

I have attended almost all the scripting and server UG for years now and I have never heard anything about the disappearance of llRegionSay(). Besides, that would not make much sense, even in the light of LL's sometimes twisted logic. Scripters would resort to the old hackish ways to chat region-wide, multiplying the scripts, the listeners and the chat occurences themselves.

Even if the mythical llParcelSay() was suddenly implemented with a flag to spread accross all parcels of the same owner in a region --which would be a nice replacement for llRegionSay() from a scripter point of view at least-- LL just cannot kill functions without also killing the scripts using them. But LL avoids breaking things... in general.

So... No, you can assume that llRegionSay() will still be available for a long while.

As for llSensor(), yes, if you use a valid UUID, the script will try to find it. However, the flags are a bit tricky. I cannot remember from the top of my head which ones but some combinations prevents llSensor() from finding anything. In general, I stick with only one flag and avoid mixing them.

However, if you already have the UUID, it is more efficient to track the object will llGetObjectDetails() in a timer. It is always better to keep an object on leash than to use a butterfly net to try to catch it... ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.