Mainland islands?

DanielNX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It may help if you give a little more information about your interest in this, to be able to give a more useful answer.

There are some islands adjacent the continents that are resident-owned just as regular mainland.  A large example is the cluster of Nautilus city sims (search the map for Nautilus), but others exist, too, just search around the perimeter of the continents.  I'm guessing these aren't what you mean, however.

The Lab also has a bunch of its own sims for various purposes, in islands and clusters.  Search the Map for sims starting with the word "Linden" for some examples.  These include some sample islands, to give Estate buyers a preview of terraforming options, or pre-developed land.

There are also clusters of special event sims, such as those for the SL birthday party.

The sims that make up the former Teen grid also might qualify as a sort of island.

I'm not at all confident, however, that any of that is relevant to what you read.

You'll have to just go exploring up and down river chains and around coasts.

There are quite a few of them, but they tend to be just in spots here and there.

Nothing like an archipelago, but there is a huge area of 'land' which is all in very shallow water that makes for a good swamp, except people have rezzed palm trees, waves, and dolphins in it instead... o.O

I forget the name of a sim in it, but its south of land I own in Campion. So map to Campion and then go south a bit until you see some 20-30 sims of water around a central island which itself has a lake in the middle.

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, I have seen many Linden Protected islands along the edges of the continents an inside the more fragmented continents.

I was wondering if offshore archipelagos also exist which are of mainland status, but after I have been exploring a bit more, I guess not. 

There's currently a mainland sim for sale which is an island, with protected water on three sides. It's up for more than most people'll pay right now, but it shows such things exist.

ETA: Posted at the same time as the poster's last reply, so it's now irrelevant. But someone else might be interested, so leaving the reply up.

• 2 weeks later...

What about Heterocea, the little mainland to the North of Sansara? It's not called the Atoll Continent for no reason. Has a terribly managed and badly overbuilt lagoon in the middle. Always when I go there I think "paradise lost". :smileysad: Why are LL first doing some super nice terraforming and then sellling all the water lots to people who don't have any use for it?

Could've been so nice.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.