I need support and there is NO option to submit a case for the sort of problem I've got- now what?

Daisy Overlord

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I downgraded my account, since I no longer needed to own any mainland and rarely even log in. I logged in this week and notice my account is listed as Basic and I no longer receive my old stipend- HOWEVER, I still have land and it says I will be billed for it on March 2. What gives? I can't access any useful support now because evidently I am already downgraded to a Basic account. If they can figure out that my account shouldn't be getting the 500L stipend, why wasn't the land taken off my account? All I need is to send a ticket to someone who can explain and/or fix this, but evidently paying LL for the last six years means I'm entitled to no help at all once I choose to downgrade (my account wouldn't have come up for renewal until March, the date listed on my land holding). How can I get help now? I sure as heck don't want to be billed for land use (and shouldn't even be able to HAVE land without a premium account) and I'm certainly not going to upgrade again after this mess- they won't return me to my old stipend anyway, and I'm considering ditching my husband's account as well now, just because I'm really cheesed off by this.

EDIT: The land *is* actually only 512 sq. m., so I am wondering why it didn't come off automatically. I am guessing that they would charge me but I honestly don't know since I wasn't being billed for additional land. >_> It's all very puzzling to me. I saw something about a bill date past the date my account downgraded and I got a bit concerned. May be that this is a bug, I am sort of curious as to what will happen now.

6 answers to this question

Of course you will be billed if you don't abandon the land YOURSELF. LL won't do that for you. You'd better check your mainland properties on your dashboard > account > my mainland, and TP there to abandon whatever parcel you own otherwise you will be charged on your next due date. However, if you did abandon your land and downgraded to basic and still being charged, you do can open a support case: land and region > region rental.

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

• Like 2

If the land you owned as a premium member was more than the 512 square meters that is tier free and you down graded after the billing date for tier, you owe the tier for the month.  Tier is billed for any time (even a minute) you own the land for the billing cycle.  Say your tier is due on the 2nd of each month and you downgrade on the 3rd of the month you owe the tier for the month because you owned the land for 1 day in the billing cycle.  Your membership is downgraded immediately and you stop getting your stipend the very next Tuesday after you downgraded.  You also loose the mainland you owned immediately but you still owe the tier for the part of the month that you did own the land.  LL doesn't pro-rate tier (or anything else for that matter).  You'll have to pay that final tier.

You can own land in mainland with a basic acount but you will pay the tier. The premium acount only means you don't pay tier for 512 m2 of mainland. I signed in an year ago. I don't know how it was in past, but now you can downgrade to 'basic' without losing your land (or at least that's what it is said). You need do sell or abandon your land.

Anyway, if you own land on a private island, if you decide to abandon land, you can talk to the land owner, stop paying tier or abandon land.

If you pay with credit cards, Linden Lab will auto-serve from your credit card with the land tier. You may not figure this out for months. It hapened to me.

No. To purchase mainland land in Second Life, you must have a premium account with current payment information on file, and your account must be in good standing. You may also be required to have a clean disciplinary record. Also ...

To downgrade your premium or Concierge account to basic, follow these steps:

On the lef side of the screen, select Premium Membership.

The Change Membership Plan screen opens, displaying a chart of Membership plans and prices.

Select Basic Account.

Click Save Changes. Your new plan becomes effective at your next billing date.

Warning: If you downgrade to a basic account, you will lose all the land you own, and you will no longer have access to your weekly Linden dollar stipend or live chat support.

Make sure to sell all your land before you downgrade!

You may also wish to check your group land contributions and make arrangements to keep your group's land holdings in good standing.

See http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-land/ta-p/700043#Section_.2.1 and

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Premium-membership/ta-p/1054477#Section_.7.1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.