Can I be partnered and still have a relationship with someone else,ie, dancing?

tweed13

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3233 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wish to partner with someone, but I wouldn't want to give up the serendipitous nature of SL, where you can by chance meet someone at a dance venue perhaps and carry on a casual, semi-quasi-romantic relationship (LOL)-- not a serious, heart throbbing, head over heels, in lov (heart heart heart) relationship. Is that possible, would I be breaking any rules?

• Like 2

That's up to your partner and you to set up your own rules, tweed. There are no ToS for private relationships in here. And you might rather post this in the Lifestyle and Relationships Forum. Your post calls more for a discussion than an anwser.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Lifestyles-and-Relationships/bd-p/lifestyles_relationships

• Like 4

You can do anything you like.  It's your life.  Partnering in SL is part of the experience for many people, but it is not binding in any way.  As a partner, you are not entitled to any more property or priviledge than a non-partnered person has, and your partner has no more control over your property or behavior than you want to offer voluntarily.  Relationships are tricky, no matter which world you are in.  Feelings can be hurt, lives disrupted, and worse when things go wrong. The only "rules" about how to handle them in SL, however, are the ones you make for yourself.

• Like 3

That's up to your own moral compass - and your potential partner's. Some people would have no problem with it; others would consider it cheating. You run the risk of having your partner find out and get upset, just as might happen in RL. It depends how emotionally involved the two of you are with one another. You can do it; there's nothing in the ToS or Community Guidelines that says you can't, so it's all up to you.

• Like 3

Hi tweed, you will not find anything in the TOS about rules for SL love

relationships. You have had great answers from the others. Be careful you

are in complete agreement with your partner about this. SL hearts get broken

just as RL ones...

@ LoveAngel Lyre: this is probably one of the most insensitive and pointless

reply I've ever seen here. Read the TOS? LOL!

just as RL ones...

You sound like a bot.

• Like 1

BEFORE you partner with anyone, its always best to sit down and share  your expectations and establish the ground rules.  These can be anything you both agree to.  Don't sneak behind your partners back, be honest.  You'll avoid a lot of drama and heartache that way.  Remember that there are RL people with RL hearts and minds behind the pixels.

Scott Giordano wrote:

just as RL ones...

You sound like a bot.

Are you saying you haven't read the TOS? so you just agreed to a bunch of rules and regulations that you didn't read? I bet you are one of those that complain when they break the rules because they didn't take the time to read them. 

BTW, a double post makes you look like the bot.

Truthfully that is up to your partner...My partner and i have a deal. We are allowed to dance with other people, but there is no grinding (aka dirty dancing allowed.) Neither of us want the other getting the wrong idea.. Although when we are together we never give each other up. I would be super upset if he asked me if he could dance with someone else while i was there.:matte-motes-big-grin:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Scott Giordano wrote:

just as RL ones...

You sound like a bot.

Are you saying you 
haven't
read the TOS? so you just agreed to a bunch of rules and regulations that you didn't read? I bet you are one of those that complain when they break the rules because they didn't take the time to read them. 

BTW, a double post makes
you
look like the bot.

+1

I preferred no to give a reply considering that it was futile and unnecessary. My suggestion about TOS and Community Standards was a general one, for everyone has doubts about what is allowed and what no.  Seems that some residents don't pay attention about.

There is also violation of Community Participation Guidelines which everyone should respect and follow. But it is ok, everyone can "judge" and mods watch also.

Marigold Devin wrote:

Tracy Redangel wrote:

Yes, absolutely you can become the virtual equivalent of the town bicycle in SL without any repercussion from Linden Labs.

This is my favourite answer. Town bicycle. Love it. :matte-motes-big-grin:

lol it reminds me of a funny internet picture i saw one time..

the saying went like this..

bagina..it's not a clown car. Oo

Ceka Cianci wrote:

This is my favourite answer. Town bicycle. Love it. :matte-motes-big-grin:

lol it reminds me of a funny internet picture i saw one time..

the saying went like this..

bagina..it's not a clown car. Oo

I went searching for the picture and .... OHMYWORD!!!!!!!!! Funnnnny "it's not a clown car" o.O

There are no rules to break except your own.

Talk to your prospective partner. Be honest in your care for them. Be honest in your desires for your own "serendipitous" experiences.  You will often be pleasantly surprised that the other person would like  to not have the stiffling thing that is social  imprisonment in too many cases.                                                  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3233 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.