Script to give chat command on HUD button

Pushit1488312089

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry for the confusing title hahaha... but that´s what I was looking for.

I have a helmet taht turns on a laser particle when I use the chat comand "/1l1" (it´s a lowercase L).

Ihave a hud that works for other functions, but I wanted to add that one. My question is... can I put a script in the HUD button that simply "recreate" the chat command"?

If not I´ll post the HUD script I have.

Thanks a lot as usual.

Adding the few lines required in the HUD script to issue the chat command is easy, whether it is for a click on a prim or on a part of texture.

The big question is: Will the helmet obey to the HUD?

What you must check is if the helmet listens to owner only or to his/her objects too. The latter is what you need.

First, you need a (wide open) listener on channel 1:

llListen(1, "", NULL_KEY, "");

Then you check who or what is talking to you:

listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string msg){    if (llGetOwnerKey(id) == llGetOwner())    {        // Activate laser...        //        // It works for both yourself and your objects        // because for LSL you also own yourself.    }}

However, I strongly suggest to change that channel 1. It is a quite busy channel. A very negative channel is what is recommended for object to object communications. It can also be a very large positive number if you want to still be able to give commands directly through chat.

Thanks a lot Kaluura for your time and help. I tried but still didn´t work, I´m obviously doing something wrong in the HUD script. Let me show you...

integer ci_SYSTEM_CHANNEL = -1409001000;        // Base Communications Channel for NI01 Project.key gkOwnerKey;string gsOwnerName;integer giSystemChannel;//integer giSystemListen;unStartUp(){    gkOwnerKey = llGetOwner();    gsOwnerName = llKey2Name(gkOwnerKey);    //giSystemListen = llListen(ci_SYSTEM_CHANNEL,"",NULL_KEY,"");}default{    on_rez(integer eiStart) { unStartUp(); }    state_entry() { unStartUp(); }    touch_start(integer eiNum)    {        if( llDetectedKey(0) == gkOwnerKey )        {            integer viLinkNum = llDetectedLinkNumber(0);            if( llGetLinkName(viLinkNum) == "HUDBUTTON" ) 
{ llRegionSayTo( gkOwnerKey,ci_SYSTEM_CHANNEL,"NI01|MWS|NULL|USERINPUT|"+(string)llGetLinkPrimitiveParams
(viLinkNum,(list)28) ); } } }}

And this is the helmet script

particle(){    I didn´t paste the code to save space in the post       }default{    state_entry()    {        particle();//start the particle effect        llListen(0,"","","");    llListen(1, "", NULL_KEY, "");    }        changed(integer change)    {        if(change & CHANGED_OWNER)            llResetScript();    }    listen(integer channel,string name,key id,string msg)    {       if (llGetOwnerKey(id) == llGetOwner())    {            string msg = llToLower(msg);                        if(msg == "l1")            {                particle();//turns the particle on            }            else if(msg == "l0")            {                llParticleSystem([]);//turns the particle off            }           }    }}

THanks again

First thing:

llListen(0,"","","");

Take a scalpel, cut around this line, then use a big hammer and hit it until it pops out from the back of your screen. Such a line floods your script with all the chat from all the avatars within range. I really don't think you need it.

Next, you use a very negative channel, that's good... Except that the helmet does not listen to this channel. Here are 2 new skeleton scripts:

// HUD Script//integer CHANNEL = -1409001000;key OWNER_KEY;integer LASER_BUTTON;integer OTHER_BUTTON_1; // Just as example.integer OTHER_BUTTON_2; // Idem.integer LaserStatus;uuInit(){    OWNER_KEY = llGetOwner();    LaserStatus = TRUE;    //    integer i = llGetNumberOfPrims();    for (; i > 0; --i)    {        string name = llToLower(llGetLinkName(i));        if (name == "laser") { LASER_BUTTON = i; }        else if (name == "other1") { OTHER_BUTTON_1 = i; } // Just as example.        else if (name == "other2") { OTHER_BUTTON_2 = i; } // Idem.    }}default{    on_rez(integer param)    {        uuInit();    }        state_entry()    {        uuInit();    }        touch_end(integer num)    {        if (llDetectedKey(0) == OWNER_KEY) // Paranoid safety measure        {            integer link = llDetectedLinkNumber(0);            if (link == LASER_BUTTON)            {                LaserStatus = !LaserStatus; // Invert ON/OFF                llRegionSayTo(OWNER_KEY, CHANNEL, "l" + (string)LaserStatus);                llSetLinkColor(link, <!LaserStatus, LaserStatus, 0>, ALL_SIDES); // Eventually...            }            else if (link == OTHER_BUTTON_1)            {                // Do something else...            }            else if (link == OTHER_BUTTON_2)            {                // And something different...            }        }    }}

// Helmet script//integer CHANNEL = -1409001000;uuLaser(integer flag){    if (flag) // Switch on    {        llParticleSystem([            // >>>>>            // Big list of params goes here...            // <<<<<        ]);    }    else // Switch off    {        llParticleSystem([]);    }}uuInit(){    llListen(CHANNEL, "", NULL_KEY, "");    uuLaser(TRUE);}default{    on_rez(integer param)    {        uuInit();    }        state_entry()    {        uuInit();    }        listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string msg)    {        if (llGetOwnerKey(id) != llGetOwner()) { return; }        //        if (msg == "l0")        {            uuLaser(FALSE);        }        else if (msg == "l1")        {            uuLaser(TRUE);        }    }}

Use them wisely! ;P

Note: The HUD script expects the button commanding the laser to be labelled "laser" (upper or lower case, or both).

• Like 1

Exactly... llToLower()

Functions of which the name begins with "ll" are "system functions" which can be looked up in the wiki.

You did not do your homework... Tsk, tsk tsk! :matte-motes-angry: :matte-motes-wink:

(Script fixed.)

Second edit: And yes...

key OWNER_KEY;

(Grumble, grumble...)

• Like 1

Thanks Nuclear... you are right.

Unfortunately now the problem is

OWNER_KEY = llGetOwner();

it asys type mismatch :matte-motes-confused:

I´m sorry to be a pain... I can not script as you can see.

Thanks!

EDIT: hahaha sorry Keluura I should have looked up that one in google... shame on me :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

• 6 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.