Translate text box will not uncheck. Whats going on?

Jinu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am useing viewer 2.  There is an option to translate text and when its checked it pops up errors along with chatting.. it is rather annoying.   Last time I logged in it let me uncheck the box.. The next time I loged in it would NOT let me uncheck the box.  It is checked and grayed out, so now I have to view them stupid errors.   Please I need help.

2 answers to this question

You can't translate because the translator no longer works.  It was supported by Google's Translate API, which used to be a free service.  Google stopped offering it for free in December, though, and your bult-in translator went dead.  If you try to use it, it gives you an error message.  If you really want built-in translation, you can use the current V3 viewer or Firestorm and pay Google for a subscription to th translation API.  When you enter your personal account key into the viewer, it will work.  Those viewers will also accept a subscription key from Bing's free translation service, if you would rather subscribe to it instead of Google's. 

Now, I don't know why the check box would be grayed out on your viewer unless LL changed something in their latest server upgrade.  If relogging doesn't clear it, you may need to delete your user preference folders and let the viewer rebuild them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.