Adjoining Land Owner putting in large offensive objects

DesiraeJewel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a large lot of land in the Thayer district that another owner has bought the adjacent land and has erected these huge(10 story in some places)Hot Fluorescent pink blocks along the entire length of my property that are not  buildings and in the process has managed to drive all my tenets out of my 2 high rise apartment buildings on my uber large lot, these buildings have a small footprint and it seems they are doing this to drive me off my property or force me to sell since nobody wants there home to look out at a hot pink wall keeping me from further rental capabilities.

Is this a violation of the TOS concerning disturbing your neighbors peace and or enjoyment of their land? I ask for your wisdom and your help.

Hi Desirae,

I'm not sure if this would do any good but have you tried discussing it with your neighbor, you never know, it may help. Another thing you could do is derender the blocks and tell your tenants to do the same until something more practical can be worked out. That won't help you with potential tenants though but it's something that may help your enjoyment of your land and view in the meantime.

Someone else will no doubt come along and have other suggestions for you.

Hope it works out.

________

Edited to fix typos.

From the looks of the map, there is a lot of pink harrassment going on in that sim.  I would personally Abuse Report in this case.  Probably Harassment > Advert farms / visual.  If the pink blocks are also keeping you from moving around, try Harassment > Impeding movement.

You might also want to contact other land owners in the sim as this looks like a number of parcels are touched by these pink blocks.  See if you can get them filing reports as well.

--Cinn

I was also on Thayer till the Crazy Purple Prim Lady struck.  Stuck it out for a month trying my best to just ignore it, but it was definitely getting to me, and I found some land overlooking a beach which is much better anyways.  Once a week for about six weeks I tried sending in ARs, of all those ARs got just one response which essentially read "... when we get around to it ..."

Another possibility for ARs is land encroachment, looked like to me one of them was *WAY* over your property line.  In the past when I've filed service requests of Linden Owned/abandoned issues things got done within a few days and with a thank you.  But with the AR you have to use when dealing with other residences I was left with the feeling that the Lindens aren't going to bother doing anything.  I have tried communicating with the Crazy Purple Prim Lady on other issues and was left with the feeling I was being blown off and ignored.

You owned the ersatz biker club, thanks for the vote of confidence, its started purple then went pink, I own the highrises and that was about the extent of my buildings, the rest of the land was for nude 4-wheeling at midnight. Too bad you missed it..lol

Goodluck at your new location, overlooking a beach, wow. I tried to sell out and at 1.50L sqm I would just break even, she said at 1.00L sqm was as high as she would go.

So even though I don't want to, I'm keeping the land and putting up wallson my side of course.lol Anyways thanks and good luck, I was told this behavior went out the door long ago, somebody got left behind,,,,,,,lol

Desirae.

DesiraeJewel wrote:

I have a large lot of land in the Thayer district that another owner has bought the adjacent land and has erected these huge(10 story in some places)Hot Fluorescent pink blocks along the entire length of my property that are not  buildings 

Set up a scenic screen on a megaprim just inside the border of your parcel. The side facing your parcel would have the pretty picture, and the side facing the ugly stuff should be transparent, so they can see your lovely landscaping.

Actually I owned the odd shaped parcel down in the SW corner of Thayer by the road on the steep hill side.  Had lots of fun adapting builds to it and being by the road but over a month of purple prims and no results from ARs was too much, and all the damned ad boards that were popping up bothered me too.  And when the large area in the middle of Thayer was abandoned I knew the battle was lost.  The Crazy Purple Prim Lady is a seven year resident, and a line in her profile that most grabbed my attention was "if you're not having fun you're in the wrong place".  We see how she interprets that.

The person is trying to drive you off your land and I'm sure it would come under harrassment, as someone suggested. If it were me, I'd AR it every single day. Included in the ARs, I would tell them how many ARs I've sent in, and that I am now ARing it every day because the ARs haven't been dealt with in so long, and that the prims have driven your tenants away, so it's costing you a lot. After a while, I would do the ARs every few hours, and then every hour, also stating the history of the ARs. I would also write a notecard, with all the details, to the AR team manager. If I didn't know his/her name, I'd send it to Rodvik. Also included in the ARs I would say that the person is willing to buy you out but only if you drop your price, which is already very low, and that's why the pink prims are there - to force you.

A couple of years ago, I did exactly what I've suggested. Someone who owned a 512 had placed a 512-size prim on his parcel, but it overhung my land by about a metre on two sides. It wasn't much but it shouldn't be there, so I ARed it. Nothing happened. I ARed it again and nothing happened. I ARed it several times over several weeks but nothing ever happened. So I decided to put my foot down and do what is equivalent to shouting (the squeaky wheel gets the oil), and I did exactly what I've suggested. I started ARing daily, and then hourly - all including why I was ARing so frequently, and telling them it would continue until it was dealt with. It was a copy and paste AR each time, of course. When I started ARing hourly, I also wrote a notecard to the then AR team manager, Harry Linden. I was in the process of doing the second hourly AR when the prim was removed. After the notecard, it was dealt with extremely quickly.

Btw, if the person isn't trying to run you off, s/he could make your side of the prims invisible or, if s/he just wants some privacy on his/her side, s/he could put a nice picture on your side of them - woodland, for instance. If s/he doesn't have a suitable picture, s/he could allow you to get one that s/he can put on. The fact that s/he hasn't done either of those, but has coloured them bright pink instead, shows what the intention is. I'd put all that in the notecard. Actually, before putting your foot down with the AR team, you could ask him/her if she will put a picture on your side if you get one. If s/he says no, it's a big plus to your side of the ARs because it clearly shows the intent.

• 2 weeks later...

The only way for the OP to do that is to place a prim so that the far face of it is on the neighbour's land, which is encroachment.

An update on my previous post (2 above this one). Last Friday, I logged in to find particles being spewed from the neighbouring land, which is owned by Govenor Linden. Someone had placed a load of dice cubes that spewed them, and the particles drifted all across my land, making the land unusable at ground level. So I did exactly what I suggested in my previous post and ARed them daily through the weekend. By Sunday I was ARing them more than once each day and, before Monday, I had a notecard written to Rod Humble that I intended sending to him during his working day on Monday. I couldn't find the name of the AR team's manager so I was going to rattle his chain. The particles were gone before the time I would have sent the notecard.

As a paying customer, I expect reasonable customer service, and I will have it or I'll stop being a paying custoner.

• 2 weeks later...

As I read this thread, I am of two minds. My first successful house in Second Life was a glowing green yurt. I had a marginal connection and did not see the glow. It was about nine meters above ground level on a nicely landscaped 512 in Hartley. I liked that I could see my property from a distance. I could also find my way h ome.  I also liked the yurt.

I later switched to a green, muraled (with a pattern of bees in a hive) pocket home (shaped like a barrel) also about nine meters above ground level. Ramps are wonderful things, and my artwork meant no dead space.  It too was aw wonderful house.  Then some time later, I gave up on houses and built a fourteen meter high platform for extra garden space, and installed a five meter high swing on it. It was a good swing. I took the platform down, for a store kiosk, and these days I have a frog pond which I am about to replace yet again. I also have a six meter high white cat couch, where my avie likes to sleep.

Now I think I've been a great neighbor on my little 512. I consider myself an innovative builder, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and we all know what kind of monsters beholders are. The lady with the pink blocks may consider that she doesn't need a house and just likes a pink, prim maze. There's no accounting for taste.

The OP on the other hand is a good neighbor too. For a good neighbor, there is one solution, a "jungle wall." Put whatever you like on your own side. Make it phantom, and make the opposite side transparent. If you allow people to walk across your land, those coming from the pink maze are free to do so, and they can still see your lovely build. The pink maze lady doesnt' feel walled in, and your tenants don't have to look at the pinkness.

If you have a few extra prims to spare, you can build a multi-prim wall (my own favorite solution). This may or may not be phantom, but it is invisible, except for one prim, on the pink lady's side. One of the prims has a big hole cut out of it (hollowed out). It can be round or square. This is the prim that has to be visible, since the hole is the door/gate between the sims. I am a big fan of gates.

16 wrote:

take a photo of the pink/purple boxes and put on her side of the prim wall. share the love and all that

put some nice trees on your side (:

I wouldn't advise engaging in similar behaviour - hopefully enough people have read this and had a look for themselves and have submitted AR reports.  I'm teleporting over later today to have a look for myself.

16 wrote:

take a photo of the pink/purple boxes and put on her side of the prim wall. share the love and all that

put some nice trees on your side (:

It wouldn't matter.  The offending person's builds are way up in the sky.  Apparently some kind of "Party House".

I'm here now, and this is horrible.

Pink Abominations_001.png

This photo is from about 300m up.

It`s griefing, nothing more...

Go to an island, take some sea/horizon photo`s, go back home, rez a 64x64m wall on your border, put the sea photo on your side, put the same pink on her side with full brightness and glow

How i got rid of my neighbour several years ago that tried this game with me, tho back then it was 60m high and running nearly across the entire sim :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.