The weirdest or funniest thing you ever saw in SL

Porky Gorky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This question came up in a group chat last night and resulted in some funny stories so thought I would ask here.

For me the weirdest/funniest thing I ever saw in SL was at a town hall meeting in 2007 or 08. Sidewinder Linden was at the front in his lizard avatar talking about Havok 4, when all of a sudden another giant lizard avatar dropped out of the sky next to him. The other Lizard proclaimed his love for Havok 4 then attempted to mate with Sidewinder right there in front of us. Apparently he wanted to have his babies. 

I guess you had to have been there to appreciate the full weirdness of the situation but that experience has always stayed with me.

What's the weirdest or funniest thing you have ever witnessed in SL?

Mines gotta be back in '07 on the mainland, I had an entire mainland sim and had no object entry, no scripts, no rez and no push on. I started noticing I was getting pushed away from something (my avatar was getting repelled slowly away from a source) So i went to investigate and found some sort of portal at the source, well it was a spinning vortex with some kind of shader effect (this was before windlight) it sort of looked like a circle of transparent water but it was also shiny and spinning real fast. Someone else saw it and when they approached it they dissapeared... along with the vortex. I IM'd them and they were 'offline' or at least appeared that way, later on when they came back online I asked them what happened and they told me they were tp'd into this black void, even the sky was jet black (remember this was before windlight!), there was no water or land, just blackness and a wierd green prim that they were stood on, when they tried to move off of the prim to fall/fly into the void they crashed and when they logged back in they were back where the vortex was :S

I have to say not much surprises me in SL but it was rather odd when I was in a clothes store one time and suddenly a very large man in a corset and a little prim skirt came up next to me with a completely naked woman. He says "You're cute" and they walked away.

He was wearing heels too.

Orange Dress_01

Raven1 Short wrote:

I have to say not much surprises me in SL but it was rather odd when I was in a clothes store one time and suddenly a very large man in a corset and a little prim skirt came up next to me with a completely naked woman. He says "You're cute" and they walked away.

Remember me?

Perrie Juran wrote:

Orange Dress_01

Raven1 Short wrote:

Remember me?

But surely, being an attention whore is just normal in SL? It's not weird, nor is it amusing, except maybe the first time, or if you would have been on the Teen Grid if they hadn't closed it.

Dai

By far the weirdest is when I was approached by a female avatar just a couple of months into my second life.  She indicated that I met her standards and wanted to recruit me for sex.  The weird part is that it was so her RL husband could watch over her shoulder as part of their foreplay for real sex.  o.O  She proclaimed they would then "**** like monkeys!"  I politely declined. 

One that comes to mind; someone in some sort of blue combat suit that reminded me of the game Halo, playing a banjo and sitting in one of those mainland tour pods as it drifted backwards across the sim I was on then the neighboring sim before drifting out of view.  Not funny, but in the "can't make that one up" category.

DaiUretic wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Raven1 Short wrote:

Remember me?

But surely, being an attention whore is just normal in SL? It's not weird, nor is it amusing, except maybe the first time, or if you would have been on the Teen Grid if they hadn't closed it.

Dai

Sometimes it has served other purposes:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Have-you-had-someone-in-world-who-has-made-you-laugh-or-been/m-p/1282735/highlight/true#M41847

I can never remember the weird stuff later. I must block it out. Maybe I should blog. (I am far too lazy however.)

I do remember one time when Zindra first opened, so a lot of new stuff was on the grid I guess, maybe that is why. I was trying to teleport and ended up under water in a hub with tons of other avatars, everyone flailing about, everyone completely gray. No one could escape for the longest time.

Or maybe that was last Thanksgiving with family - I'm not sure any more.

• Haha 1

This isn't weird, but I found it extremely funny. I've posted about it several times before so apologies to those who have already read it.

My first SL business was renting out skyboxes. I'd just rented one out to a guy and a minute later I needed to fly up to another box that was higher than his. Being a bit impatient, I flew up using the carbon rod - it's *really* fast. I thought I'd taken off in a suitable spot but I hadn't. A few seconds later I flew up under the guy's skybox. The carbon rod is so fast that it doesn't stop you the instant you hit something - you actually go partially through the object, and I went partially through the skybox floor.

As chance would have it, my head came up in his bedroom, at the foot of the bed and facing the bed. It was minute after I'd rented the skybox to him but there he was, on the bed with his lady friend, both stark naked, and giving their all.

What I found so funny was the mental image of being the guy, banging away on the bed with your partner, when, magically, up through the floor comes a head that's staring at you. That image still makes me smile :)

Fortunately, they only had eyes for each other and I got out of there very quickly, so they never knew.

Two words... Sperm Guns! After being hired to build in late 2009 for the new owners of Orgy Island a staff member gave me this wonderful weapon. It looks and works like a normal gun but instead of bullets it shoots wiggly white sperm that expand to the size of a basketball and will ricochet and bounce off of things for a good 30 seconds before they disappear. It has good distance too as I have pegged people across entire sims! Best part is shooting it in rapid fire mode; in a few seconds you feel like an egg under attack! I always laugh so hard when we get into sperm gun fights on slow nights now! It is a must-see to believe!

It will take a lot to beat my pal NonSmokerGirl Tulip, who normally assumes the shape of a Zebra (with somewhat less than sturdy legs), dancing to an accompaniment of Tiny Tim singing 'Tiptoe throught the tulips'. The first time I saw it I laughed my socks off. It has to be seen to be believed and its still the funniest thing Ive ever seen in my four years in SL.

I was in one of the public sandboxes once doing some work.  I had dark glasses and a baseball hat on and my hair tied back in a bun, and was wearing shorts and a crop top.  A very short, very fat and very ugly woman came over, wandered around a bit and then said to me 'you look stupid!' and wandered off.

Another memorable thing was when I was at a beach.  A fat, bald man turned up, dressed in a tiny red thong.  I looked at his profile and there was a picture of him in real life - a real fat, bald man in a tiny red thong!

Conifer Dada wrote:

I was in one of the public sandboxes once doing some work.  I had dark glasses and a baseball hat on and my hair tied back in a bun, and was wearing shorts and a crop top.  A very short, very fat and very ugly woman came over, wandered around a bit and then said to me 'you look stupid!' and wandered off.

Another memorable thing was when I was at a beach.  A fat, bald man turned up, dressed in a tiny red thong.  I looked at his profile and there was a picture of him in real life - a real fat, bald man in a tiny red thong!

I sense a common theme in your stories Conifer, and that is you seem to attract wierd fat people. Are you sure you didn't accidently sit on your dinner one day and have been walking round with a pork chop stuck to your bum ever since? that would explain it. :smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.