Sign in to follow this  
Linden Lab

[ACUG] 02/06 Meeting Postponed

Hello,

Due to low volume of submitted agenda items, this meeting will be postponed. We may consider moving this to a monthly meeting.

Thanks and best regards!

As I more or less have suggested in a previous thread, this meeting can really be split in two:

1. A meeting for the Zindra mainland estate where LL meets the land and business owners of Zindra to discuss matters relevant to the continent only. Frequency weekly or bi-weekly.
  2. A meeting regarding adult content where one can discuss marketing and policy issues that is applicable to all residents and/or adult regions in general. My suggestion is a quarterly 3 hour meeting (mini conference) with a well prepared and published agenda. This to be complemented with day-to-day discussions and announcements in the forums. 

Sadly many people consider the meetings pointless now so don't bother submitting items that don't get raised, and in the case of a few that have attended before, being ignored.  It now appears to be a meeting with mostly members of one Zindra group so is not living up to it's name.

All I have seen is people feeling that they are more and more disenfranchised.  Voices are not heard, so why bother raising them?  Why bother attending if all that results is frustration?  I thought the point was to try and work towards improving how the Adult part of sl is seen and perceived, instead I just see lots of people being pedantic. (sadly that part happens in many different meetings everywhere, not just sl etc).

Want more people to attend and put ideas into the mix, to try and work on promoting the Adult side of things again?  Indicate their ideas matter, indicate don't ignore, mention agenda items that were submitted even if it is planned they won't be discussed, don't blow smoke up peoples rear forever and a day with 'might happens', if a non go and you just don't want to upset people or have them go off on the subject arguing the point, kill that topic and move on, sure that will mean those people will too, but it saves lots of wasted discussion time taken from other agenda items waiting to be heard.  (sadly that point that a topic should be killed, would likely be one I would be effected by most).

There is one other problem I have, ok well 2, yes icky time zone, but also I never remember  when the meetings are, and have no reminder to prompt me.  Is there a system to remind folks?  I rarely come into these forums, I generally have way better things to do with my time, like doing the art entries I just finished for UWA and Dreams (both places now open for voting plug plug plug).  Reminders that are just places like here etc that rely on me to come to and look just don't work for me.  Notices to lists (notices not messages) work a bit better, but require people to actually do the notices, so I have no idea what there is that may work.

Most of this is my opinions, my problems, and I don't need to hear how impractical or selfish or wrong my words are, they are just my words, take or leave them.

I'm in two minds about the hidden agenda of the meetings.  I'm torn between thinking that the convenors have deliberately made it so unusable (time, frequency, agenda rules etc) because they want to drive us away and then blame us for losing interest (they did appear to want to abandon these meetings in the very beginning remember, so it's well within previously normal LL behaviour) or they're really just not very good at communication/have basic meeting skills and due to a lack of interest in actually engaging with us they haven't even noticed the outcome of their behaviour.

whichever it is, reducing the meeting time, having it at an hour that is really only accessible by europeans and requiring peope to attend the meeting if they want an agenda item to be discussed is certainly disenfranchising.

Even if I could attend these days I doubt I would.  I certainly didn't like what I saw last time and I get the sneaking suspicion that LL have decided that adult content is no longer its flavour of the month and they've moved onto new shinies (Linden Realms anyone?). Our moment of basking in the sun of LL interest appears to be over.

At the moment, I'm not sure there's a great deal I want to discuss with LL about Adult Content, or, rather, not much that's on the table for ACUG meetings (there's plenty I want to say to the Marketplace team -- and not just about Adult Content, of course --  but that's a bit different).   

I'm wondering about the progress of the promised inclusion of Adult as a top-level category in the destinations floater, along with a fix for the bug that misreports the number of avatars on a sim in a lot of places (which doesn't just affect Adult sims) and of the progress of the new method of confirming your Adult status while in the viewer, rather than having to use the website and relog,  but apart from that,  most of the things I want to get done, I'm doing in in-world groups without needing to involve LL.