suggestion regarding secured transactions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dear linden lab,

I would like to thank you for your great efforts in making our experience in this virtual world as smooth and enjoyable as possible.

I would like to suggest a very small suggestion that can enhance and secure our experience in this virtual world and will help you as our support. From a very frustrating experience, I personally suffered from, my account was on hold for few weeks because I received L$ that was transferred without my notice and permission from a stolen avatar by a hacker. This was very difficult as it waste your time in investigating the transfer origin and the method and it definitely was very difficult for me as my account was on hold and it took me many international calls and emails to explain to LL that I’ve nothing to do about it regardless loosing many in world commitments. Many of my in world buddies experienced such problem. So it came to my mind that if we can add a tool that controls any transaction in which no transaction for any avatar to other should done or completed unless the recipient approve to complete the transaction. That could be possibly done when me as a receiver, receive L$ for “X” a note will show up with the name of the sender and the option of accepting or not the transaction. EVEN in cases of being OFFLINE. As having the option in accepting or rejecting any transferred object or textures. This will ensure that all the L$ we receive are under our knowledge and will definitely save your time and resources in investigating any fraud transactions and will give us as users a better, secured and smooth experience in world.

I hope you got your point and I’ll be more than happy to help you in any way I can.

Please let me know if you need any further clarifications or information.

Regards,

1to Zero

What an excellent idea, for avatar to avatar transaction that is.

For avatar to object and land or object to avavart transactions i would not recommend this as merchants / shop holder would have to confirm everything which would become highly frustrating for both receiver and seller.

But for av to av perfect !

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.