A griefer got me...smh HELP

Shakila

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

HERE MY S.O.S.!!

Two days ago, I was weapon HUD by and griefer. I accidentally clicked on the I guess particle and I am unable to mouseclick on anything. I have even downloaded another viewer and reinstalled and  cleaned my cache. I can't even open the doors in my house nor sit correctly on anything. How do I go about fixing this problem? I was unable to catch the griefers name. I hope that someone can help me. Thank you

* If you're not seriously on helping please do not joke at this. TY*

2 answers to this question

Hello Shakila and welcome to SL Forums. Obviously clearing your cache under your preferences was no enough. Give a try to clear your cache manually out of SL. To do that delete all contests at the following folders:

• (Vista) and (Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife and
  • C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife

You can except only the .txt files into the folder with your name (C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife \ shakila_resident) in order to keep your im logs and chat logs coping them somewhere else in your hard disk.

See if that makes any difference. Please check out also the following link about griefers for the next time:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-deal-with-griefing/ta-p/1339983

• Like 2

The only lsl fuction I can think of that could mess you up like this is llTakeControls.   But if it was the object you clicked on (you can't have clicked on a particle), then a dialog box would have popped up warning you that an object called such-and-such, owned by so-and-so, was asking for permission to accept input from your keyboard (or words to that effect)*.

The fact this has survived not only a relog but a change of viewer makes me suspect very strongly that something you're wearing, which wouldn't need to pop up a dialog box to take controls,  has started to malfunction.  So I would start by removing all your huds and other attachments, and see if then you can left click on things.   If you can, then you know it's one of your attachments causing trouble, and you can put them back on, one at a time, and try to figure out which one it is (my money would be on a hud or weapon of some sort).   Once you know which it is, simply resetting the scripts (if the object is modifiable) should fix it.

The only other possibility is that you're using RLV and someone's messed with you that way, but I think the viewer change would have taken care of that, so I mention that just as a very remote possibility.  At the moment, my money is on the malfunctioning attachment.

*ETA -- unless this particle was, in fact, an object, which was set to make you sit on it.   Then I can see what might have happened, but unless the mysterious particle/object is still on the same sim as you, I'm surprised it would still be working after a relog.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.