Pediatric Clinic and Hospital ;;; Contact me Inworld

AliGoesRawr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. My name is Alison Turchetti. Let me try and get straight to the point.

I've noticed that there are not many pediatric hospitals for roleplay children. As in, actual avatar's with people behind the computer. Not a prim child or anything.
They are all for prim babies, etc. I think it would be a great idea to make a pediatric clinic/hospital that handles emergencies, surgeries, appointments, operations, diagnoses, etc.
My ideal plan is to get associated with as many adoption agencies as possible. I think that parents that are adopting at those agencies would see the clinic/hospital's advertisement and would take their real Second Life children there.
It would be beneficial. However, it is expensive to furnish a clinic/hospital and make it flourish. So I am seeking investors.
Of course , you're going to look into my account. But let me stop you before you do. I quit Second Life about a year ago.
I'm advanced and experienced with how second life works, how to furnish, advertise, etc. I know how to measure and care for the parcel, and what it required. This is a new account, fresh and ripe. And I want it to be official. This clinic/hospital is going to be around as long as I am. And when I'm gone, it will be passed down. Longtermship is a must to flourish.
Investors are needed. I'm not hitting the target on the price range. I did my virtual finances, and I have enough to cover the tier, and staff. But the furniture is what needs funds. 
I am trying to raise at least 20k for the furniture.
Whatever is invested will be paid off through clientele, bonuses, donations, etc. All income will be spared for investors.
Please contact me inworld if you'd like to know more. This is extremely brief.

If anyone would be so kind as to donate some furniture from their catalogs as a promotion on return i would support you in the clinic/hospital maybe your banner.. Maybe make a wall showing your banner that directs to your market place. Beds.and a nice waiting room set is needed. Thanks.

hi Ali -

if you've got tier and staff covered, sounds like you're good to go.

just contact every furniture maker you can find, and ask if they have the right stuff, or would be willing to make it for you.  having it sit in your place is great advertising for them, so they should be happy to supply it to you, on the house.

I would offer, but doubt I have the right stuff for that.

curious though - how many months do you have tier covered?  if I were going to custom make stuff (and I can't, now - someone else might be able to) - - they might want to know that it will sit there for a while.  you know, like more than 2 or 3 weeks.

Just to clarify, you are looking for investment to open a hospital for adults that are pretending to be children that are pretending they are in need of medical attention?

Im probably ignorant but that seems like a very niche service you are trying to provide here. Is there really a market for this?

Adoption and family roleplay is a very popular thing on second life. The age of the children in real life is not my concern.

there is a large business for maternity and children and adoption more than anything. However for prim babies. Mine will be an actual roleplaying hospital for real people not customized furniture or accessories

If anyone would be so kind as to donate some furniture from their catalogs as a promotion on return i would support you in the clinic/hospital maybe your banner.. Maybe make a wall showing your banner that directs to your market place. Beds.and a nice waiting room set is needed. Thanks.

I know people age play in SL, I just never realised it had grown to be so popular and that it required external services such as hospitals to support the community's roleplay.

As I said, I am ignorant to such things but I will be impressed if you can actually create a business out of this. Good luck to you.

I can probably build you some basic furniture pieces. They may not be anything super fancy, but they'll serve well as waiting rooms and such. Not sure on the exam tables(as far as the animations are concerned that is), but I can give that a whirl too, and other exam room things as well(cabinetry and such). While I try to build low prim I can't promise everything will be only a few, but I can certainly try. However, I'm going to need at least a couple of weeks to finish it all. If you want me to create animations for them, it's going to take even longer. Just send me a NC in-world with what you need, any color schemes you might be looking for, and such. I'll see what I can come up with. Can't make any promises to get it all done, but I'll do my best.

But I will give you a bit of advice as well. Get all your ducks in a row, before you go looking for anymore assistance from others. Pediatric clinics, and clinics that see actual patients, are NOT a new idea. Not by any stretch of the imagination. They have been around longer than likely you or I have been, actually. Despite the fact that the number of child avs and those participating in family roleplay has grown over the years, clinics that fit their needs are just not as popular as it seems. They are a novel idea, for a little while, and then it wears off. People stop using them. Owners have to stop paying staff. Eventually they become virtual(heh) ghost towns. Most end up closing. I've seen at least a dozen come and go since 2008. I'm quite certain there have been many, many more.

People are likely going to be more wary of such an idea, because not only is it a niche, but it's not likely one that will necessarily serve them well. You can't blame them for thinking that way. Sometimes people donate so much that there comes a time when they simply have to say no. Sometimes people just don't want to donate. Then there are the times-way more common-when someone has been burned one too many times by well meaning individuals who never get the idea to really gain momentum. So the idea ends up dying in the water. Then the donor feels a bit odd wondering why they bothered. Not to mention a bit miffed that this person now has all this free stuff, for nothing. That happens way more often than people think. It's happened to me, way too many times, I just don't get jaded by it, lol. Having one month's tier paid, isn't likely going to be enough to convince a lot of people you're here for the long term. That doesn't scream longevity. That's more akin to living day by day-at least when it comes to sl. Also I know you said your account is new, and you want it to be fresh and ripe and official, but, umm, if you want your account to be associated with professionalism and scream "I'm here for the long haul", you might want to reconsider the name. Personally, I don't much care what you call yourself, lol. But if you want others to take you seriously, they likely won't with that account name. I'm not trying to knock you, your ideas, or anything like that. I just want to point out a few things you might want to think over. Especially as you're essentially asking people to do work for you, for free, or donate items to you for free. You're going to want them to feel as though you're not just looking for free stuff.

Clinics, medical centers, RP sims and such get free donations from creators ALL the time. It's not a new request, and some people might be a bit apprehensive based solely on that.

Just some things to consider.

Please remember to send me a nc of the things you're looking for the most. Otherwise I'm goign to continue to build random things I think go well in a pediatric clinic/office.(and having spent the first five years of one of my child's life in a children's hospital, I may end up building things you don't need, lol, but I think are awesome :P)

Might I also recommend you add a playroom? Because I looooove building stuff for playrooms and I have tons I could give you for that :D (and will probably give you anyway, so you might as well have a place to put it, haha)

So far I have waiting room furniture(in kiddie and adult sizes),  finishing up a desk at the moment(reception desk of sorts), and the beginnings of exam tables, plus a half built aquarium(no doctors office is complete without an aquarium, it's a must). Most things are already built, just need to script them/add animations. I can't promise the exam tables will be super nifty, but they'll have a couple of poses (sitting up, and possibly laying down). I may be able to make other items you need too, especially decor items.  But if you need any other big furniture type items, I need to know.

I'm kinda stuck witha bum leg at the moment and just had a new cast put on today. So you might need to add another couple of days onto my timeline, but I should be done before mid-week.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.