I need to interview an in-world shop owner!

jodprice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm a student at Indiana University, and I am currently enrolled in a multi-channel marketing course.  For our current project, we are examing how shop owners within Second Life use marketing.  I am looking for a shop owner to interview about their marketing techniques.

Thanks!

jodprice

Randall Ahren wrote:

How much do I get paid? Ass, grass, or gas, nobody rides for free. -Economics 101

:smileysurprised:

This is funny stuff....'yeah, where's the pizza....I was told this thread had pizza'

Sorry, I can't be of assistance, even for pizza...yes, that to.

My marketing is...uh...I explain the product and make sure I use a few words related to the product in the title! SEO is sort of what that. That is it right now! Didn't even cost you pizza, or even virtual ones!

But, more or less I am not putting in a full effort to market. Part of marketing is meeting markets demand for new products, I find. People want something new (to them) to see. I don't 1) advertise to capture the 'new to them' market and 2) haven't finished off a product in a long long time. I also haven't built a place for people to experience. This is mentioned in the wiki, or at least was at one time, as a way of getting more succesful sales and so on. You build a place for people to hang at, not so much a store....uh, I guess you pack it with expereinces and fun stuff to do...make it a hangout-ish place for fun and even maybe hold events to serve your markets community. Of course....SL is marketing with that, no? I mean, to have a place to handle some traffic you will need to really sort of buy a bit of land and pay tier lol. Tier is the lifeblood of their bank accounts, though they are trying to diversify with the purchase and subsequent improvements of the marketplace (formally SLexchange.com and xstreetSL.com, which was a bought from SLer's who built it) and some other effots...heck, LL even is making another game available to solidly diversify beyond just being 'that company that makes SL' to be more of...well....a Lab that researches and developes products! The whole streaming constantly with live update was a neato thing. Now, who knows....although, they did purchase the windlight makers company...technically, I think, that is a different product they are working on! They don't own the physics engine, havok, though....well, they own a license to use it lol. But, yeah...they are a lab or whatever.

Alright, I am done...like I said, not much worth researching with me...I ramble and don't get much done....well, there are other reasons I don't get much done...I have other issues that push me away from spending time with SL business or even playing around. Ah, anyway. Have fun finding companies with marketing departments!

I think moody stilleto....no, stilleto moody had an interesting mp3 interview thingy online somwhere....uh, they mention some things about what they did with thier team. THey made a million or whatever, where in a big magazine and all that. Thought it was worth a mention. Alright, I am off to...well, not be here! lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.