Mesh and unintentional nudity?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Ann Otoole wrote:

There are a bunch of people using
old obsolete viewers
not compatible with inventory changes made recently and those people are naked in the latest LL beta. So it isn't just mesh that is an issue. Oz warned the open source dev list this might happen.

Mesh is happening. May as well get used to it. One pair of mesh thigh highs only has a draw weight of 3k or so while a simple pair of sculpty shoes is 10k per shoe. I know people don't care but if using an old viewer because of viewer performance then you might consider converting to all mesh stuff on a current mesh viewer. Might actually run better for you. At least when mesh becomes prevalent anyway.

At this moment in time, "obsolete" is too strong a word.

Like it or not, its an accurate term.

Non-mesh viewers of a thing of the past. Obsoleted by the current technology. Both officially, and in terms of prevalence.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Like it or not, I disagree. Not that it matters.

I flit between viewers, sampling the best all have to offer (well, not all, I haven't yet tried Exodus). But I return to Phoenix regularly, because SL has to be comfortable and fun for me, like I return to my favourite handbag in real life. For now. Until the straps fall off it.

In this house there is a very up-to-date flat-screen HD TV. Well, I say, up-to-date, but it's 6 months old already so to some people is already obsolete. Again, wrong, wrong, wrong.

While something is in general use, or has a purpose, or even can be mended (and I still can get parts for my 7 year old 14" portable television/video combination) it isn't obsolete.

I do appreciate, though, that Phoenix is never going to become like a classic car, parked up and polished to a shine on a regular basis, and the straps will fall off it once and for all at some stage. But not today. :matte-motes-big-grin: 

(Thanks to the Phoenix devs for everything you do for us "Luddites".)

And thanks to Linden Lab for allowing us to have something to "fight" about.  Who could stand to live in a bland colourless world where we all had the same opinion. Not I.)

Melita Magic wrote:

I'd definitely say, most people cannot see mesh properly yet - so wearing a flesh colored thong and pasties at the very least won't kill anybody('s avatar.)

Actually, according to Linden Lab, the majority can see mesh now. This fact is stated here:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh/Archive/2012-02-06

Mesh viewer usage statistics:

[12:56] charlar.linden: Daily sessions are at 64%

[12:57] charlar.linden: Uniques residents 71%

[12:57] charlar.linden: overall duration was 67%

[12:57] Tiberious Neruda: ....'Unique residents' means that the person has, at one time, used a mesh-enabled viewer?

[12:58] charlar.linden: Each day. It means a person logged in at least once with that type of viewer.

[unquote]

Marigold Devin wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Ann Otoole wrote:

There are a bunch of people using
old obsolete viewers
not compatible with inventory changes made recently and those people are naked in the latest LL beta. So it isn't just mesh that is an issue. Oz warned the open source dev list this might happen.

Mesh is happening. May as well get used to it. One pair of mesh thigh highs only has a draw weight of 3k or so while a simple pair of sculpty shoes is 10k per shoe. I know people don't care but if using an old viewer because of viewer performance then you might consider converting to all mesh stuff on a current mesh viewer. Might actually run better for you. At least when mesh becomes prevalent anyway.

At this moment in time, "obsolete" is too strong a word.

Like it or not, its an accurate term.

Non-mesh viewers of a thing of the past. Obsoleted by the current technology. Both officially, and in terms of prevalence.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Like it or not, I disagree. Not that it matters.

I flit between viewers, sampling the best all have to offer (well, not all, I haven't yet tried Exodus). But I return to Phoenix regularly,

I can drive a model T ford on the street. That doesn't mean it is not obsolete. Likewise I can use a CRT monitor. Many still do. But they are obsolete.

Non mesh is obsolete. NO longer supported or being developed, rapidly vanishing. Any other way of looking at it is irrational and superstitious.

That said, even Phoenix now supports mesh.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

i wish we could see log ins again like we used to be able to..i hate that we can't see the numbers anymore..

http://secondlife.com/httprequest/homepage.php

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.