Urgent!!!

iitay21

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi how u doin, i paid two ppl my money n i neva got into the house or land, they ran wit my L$.... So I never had a chance to get on the Land or get in the house because I couldnt without them being online, so therefore i waste my money and never got it back. One was 400 Ls and the other one was 484 Ls, I need my Lindens back because they were not suppose to do that one name is Adamo Karu and the other one name is Tony Upshaw, I want my Lindens back....

2 answers to this question

Hello iitay.  I'm sorry this has happened to you.  But I advise you to remove the names from your post.  Naming names is against the forum rules and could get you suspended.  I'm sorry to tell you that you will probably not be able to recover your money.  You could file an Abuse Report, but you paid them willingly and Linden Lab will almost certainly not get involved.

When you buy or rent land, you should never pay a person directly.  They might not even own the land!  Instead, use the Buy feature in World/About land to buy a parcel of land, or if it is a rental, pay the landlord's rental box.

I teach a class about Second Life Land on Fridays, at 5 pm SL time, at Caledon Oxbridge University.  I also teach a class on Avatar Safety, covering the various scams and games people can trick you with, on Saturdays at 12 noon SL time.  I encourage you to attend both classes before you get burned again.

Hello iitay21 and welcome to SL Forums. Unfortunately as already mentioned you can do nothing.

From: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Transactions-and-disputes-between-Residents/ta-p/799395

"People sometimes seek help with questions such as the following:

• I rented a land parcel from another Resident and they are taking it back from me, even though I paid the fees or rent.
  • Another Resident is not upholding their agreement regarding real estate, group management, performance of services, or division of revenue.
  • I paid for something, but didn't receive it as promised.
  • I provided something, but the buyer didn't pay for it as promised.

However, Linden Lab cannot verify, enforce, certify, examine, uphold, or adjudicate any oath, contract, deal, bargain, or agreement made by the Residents of Second Life.  Nor does Linden Lab enforce or uphold rental agreements between Residents.  While you may have a valid agreement with another person, Linden Lab is not a party to and cannot resolve your dispute.   Please contact the Resident involved and resolve the issue with them. "

In the future do NOT trust residents so easily. Try to collect informations before you rent / buy your next land.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.