Has anyone tried Photoshop elements 10?

Ceka Cianci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just bought this the other day and i haven't done much with it yet but just looking at the tutorials on it..it's really neat..i'm thinking of getting premiere for it and also lightroom..i use CS as well but i really thought this looked neat so i got it hehehe

i'm just curious if anyone uses it..

if so maybe you want to show off some of what you can do with it here..i would love to see what you all are doing with it..i know i'm excited to get going on mine..

if i didn't have to work tonight i would be wearing it out heheheh

I use it for many things. Although it is not that advanced there still is a lot possible with PSE.

Here some examples:

WornBoxes.jpg

faces.jpg

mechanism.jpg

Anyway. I used to use PS7 but since i returned to a Mac i decided to not use illigal software anymore. That is where PSE came in lol.

The more I read about software the more I see why, when I read a pro's workflow or how-they-did-it article, they use multiple softwares. I mean, I remember using paintshops basic offering and it had this cool grid that you can grab a point of and then morph a section of the image. It was cool, gimp's iWarp hand thingy is a bit of guess work and sort of not as easy...but then again, gimp's iwarp tool was sort of neat and works alright enough (tip: resize the window and then click reset! It is a bit to small to really get working with) and..yeah, other neat stuff in each one I read about, see or decide to try out. Sadly, I don't have that paintshop pro on my PC, it was on another and I have no disc to transfer it over....don't even think the install files are on there. So, I just remember it fondly and off the top of my head can't think of anything it would be useful for now I know more about projection baking and painting. This reminds me of how I can't get back to doing stuff due to distractions...oh well, everything fun is put on hold for little reason, though I really do need to do other things.

Which reminds me of the free DAZ pro thingy, since some software-tryer-outers or software-player-arounders might be here...they have a offer of free daz 4.0, Hexagon and Bryce. Fun stuff, to say the least. Hexagon does sculpties and DAZ does animations/poses exports for SL as well as being a sort of neat thing to make scenes for images or video's. These are Pro versions, so the animations, models or renders (from bryce) can even be sold BTW. Not allowed to export the meshes from content you buy or get free, unless that person allows you to....but, yeah, it is the full pro versions with the Pro version extras and then some(free plug-ins you didn't get in the old free version) so...uh, figure some might like that...so, I mention it here...not entirely off topic...right?

Six Igaly wrote:

I use it for many things. Although it is not that advanced there still is a lot possible with PSE.

Here some examples:

WornBoxes.jpg

faces.jpg

mechanism.jpg

Anyway. I used to use PS7 but since i returned to a Mac i decided to not use illigal software anymore. That is where PSE came in lol.

ya it's kind of a user freiendly version from what it sounds like..it will be good for those lazy days when i just want to whip something up that is not needing too much..plus my nephews and play with this one and leave my CS alone now lol

Poenald Palen wrote:

The more I read about software the more I see why, when I read a pro's workflow or how-they-did-it article, they use multiple softwares. I mean, I remember using paintshops basic offering and it had this cool grid that you can grab a point of and then morph a section of the image. It was cool, gimp's iWarp hand thingy is a bit of guess work and sort of not as easy...but then again, gimp's iwarp tool was sort of neat and works alright enough (tip: resize the window and then click reset! It is a bit to small to really get working with) and..yeah, other neat stuff in each one I read about, see or decide to try out. Sadly, I don't have that paintshop pro on my PC, it was on another and I have no disc to transfer it over....don't even think the install files are on there. So, I just remember it fondly and off the top of my head can't think of anything it would be useful for now I know more about projection baking and painting. This reminds me of how I can't get back to doing stuff due to distractions...oh well, everything fun is put on hold for little reason, though I really do need to do other things.

Which reminds me of the free DAZ pro thingy, since some software-tryer-outers or software-player-arounders might be here...they have a offer of free daz 4.0, Hexagon and Bryce. Fun stuff, to say the least. Hexagon does sculpties and DAZ does animations/poses exports for SL as well as being a sort of neat thing to make scenes for images or video's. These are Pro versions, so the animations, models or renders (from bryce) can even be sold BTW. Not allowed to export the meshes from content you buy or get free, unless that person allows you to....but, yeah, it is the full pro versions with the Pro version extras and then some(free plug-ins you didn't get in the old free version) so...uh, figure some might like that...so, I mention it here...not entirely off topic...right?

oh that sounds neat..i may have to look into those..i know we have bryce on one of our systems at my fathers shop..i'm not sure what version he has though..he has a couple of different types of that software..

i used to play around with it some..i may look at these you mention though..they do sound worth looking into =)

Six Igaly wrote:

I am not sure what is worse, the fact that you used to pirate software or the fact that you are a Mac user :matte-motes-big-grin:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.