How do I place my bed from inventory into my house.All I get is a big strange rectangle.

cadre2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Mmmmmm  that's a mystery if you are talking about the bed in the Library folder of your inventory.   I just rezzed it and it looks ok to me.   Its the only bed I see in my Library folder.  Listed as Bed, Double, Modern, Cherry and is located in the Library/Objects/Household folder.

Is that the bed you are referring to??

--Cinn

Snapshot_001.png

1.  If it's taking up over half the screen, you are standing too close.  Back off with your camera.  The wheel on your mouse will take care of that.  See >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Camera-point-of-view-controls/ta-p/700047

2. If it's standing on edge, flip it.  Select the bed with your Build/Edit tool (CTRL + 3) and then hold down the CTRL key so that you can see the three rotation circles (Red. Green, and Blue).  Grab whichever one of the circles seems appropriate with your cursor and rotate the bed gently until it looks right to you.  See >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Build-Tools/ta-p/700039

Yes, that is the bed. I finally figured out (after much time and frustration) how to manipulate it so I could place it where I wanted it. It would be nice if there were some sort of easily accessible tutorial that spelled out how to do this stuff. Now, I would like to change the size. Do you know how I could do that?

Also, how do I even respond to you. There was nothing to click on on the original post. I had to click on your name and then go to the bottom of the screen to post this.

Thank you for your help.

You can always add information to your original question by clicking on the Options link in its upper right corner and selecting EDIT. It's a dumb system, but it's what we have to work with. See my post for the answer to your other question. Study the basic building skills in that Knowledge Base article I referenced.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.