Suggestion - have SL time shown on the Web Site and Dashboard

Jonn Ansar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Living not in California myself it is sometimes hard to work out the Sl time and I have found this is common with many I speak to in Second Life

Yes of course we can log in to SL to check the time - but often we are accessing SL on the Web or looking at offline IMs through Email

Cant see a suggestions box anywhere so posting this here in the hope someone in the Linden family might pick it up 

if you are on the east coast it is a 3 hour difference..midwest central time it is a 2 hour difference..mountain time it is a 1 hour difference..

it's 2:17 where i am now and in Cali it is two hours difference..so it's 12:17 there now for me.. =)

i'm not sure what it is in other countries..but that is the U.S. differences...

also i think you can get a clock on the net someplace for your desktop that will show the different timezones times at that moment all over the world..that may be a better option =)

Jonn Ansar wrote:

Living not in California myself it is sometimes hard to work out the Sl time and I have found this is common with many I speak to in Second Life

Yes of course we can log in to SL to check the time - but often we are accessing SL on the Web or looking at offline IMs through Email

Cant see a suggestions box anywhere so posting this here in the hope someone in the Linden family might pick it up 

They won't... this forum is primarily for residents such as yourself.  It's very rare for a Linden to even pay much attention to it.  What you might want to do is start a Jira about it here.  Of course, you'll have to explain what you're asking for a little better... I can't say I exactly understand what you're asking for.

As far as I can tell, forum posts are labeled in SLT and the feeds just tell you how long it's been since a post was posted.  Are you asking for a clock to be embedded on SL website pages or something?  Tbh, I don't see a big demand for such a thing... most people are perfectly capable of remembering the difference between SLT and their own.

...Dres

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Check for a clock gadgets for your desktop that you can set for SLT.  I have a hard time figuring times for some of my friends overseas and find these helpful.  You can set them for any time zone.  SLT is Pacific Time.

Current versions on windows have that thingy on the right of the screen that will display various widgets like a news feed and images and such right? There's got to be one that will show two clocks side by side - local and somewhere else. I have that on my phone to show East Asian time as well as California.

That's probably the ideal way to go about it, as getting the lindens to notice this and put up a clock widget on the top of the forums or my secondlife will be like shouting into the wind, though it would be nice...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.