Second Life Fashion

kendlee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am new to Second Life and am having difficulty nagivating through the world.  I have decided to reach out to the forums to get help on a project I am doing for school.  I am a student at Indiana University- Bloomington that is studying the usage of Second Life in marketing.  I would love to ask a few questions to an owner of a clothing shop in world about different aspects of running an apparel shop and how they market their clothing.  

If any store owner is interested in helping me out on this project, feel free to email me at my email kendlee@indiana.edu 

These are some of the questions I need answered for this project.  If anyone would feel comfortable answering these about their Apparel Business, it would be much appreciated!

1. How are your products and/or services created?
  2. How are your products and/or services designed?
  3. How did you get the shop, materials, etc.; i.e., where did the shop come from (did they build it themselves, buy it from someone else, etc.)
  4. How do you keep track of what you have for sale?
  5. How many employees do they have and what do those employees do?
  6. How did you decide where to put your store(s)?
  7. What is the process of creating what you sell?
  8. What methods do you use to determine the best way to layout your store?
  9. How did you determine how to visually merchandise your products?
  10. How do you market your business? (Both in world and in RL)
  11. How do you think you differ or how are you similiar to a RL business.

1. How are your products and/or services created? I use photoshop and buy my sculpties online.
  2. How are your products and/or services designed? I like to look at magazines and lookbook.
  3. How did you get the shop, materials, etc.; i.e., where did the shop come from (did they build it themselves, buy it from someone else, etc.) Me and my friends built my store, and the decor is from everywhere haha
  4. How do you keep track of what you have for sale? Marketplace mainly, otherwise I just look at transactions.
  5. How many employees do they have and what do those employees do? I have a manager. 
  6. How did you decide where to put your store(s)? I chose to be by my friend.
  7. What is the process of creating what you sell? See, like, cyber sketch, create.
  8. What methods do you use to determine the best way to layout your store? I go with the whatever feels right.
  9. How did you determine how to visually merchandise your products? I went for fun and colorful since I wanted to attract a more fun crowd.
  10. How do you market your business? (Both in world and in RL) Word of mouth, Marketplace, flickr, blogs, hunts and events by giving discounts and special items.
  11. How do you think you differ or how are you similiar to a RL business? Not much, I am a graphic/web designer and photographer in RL, so this stuff was kind of right up my alley. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.