Failed Deliveries in Marketplace

Mickey Vandeverre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Important Update:  Zanara has informed me that I am not using an updated version of the magic box, and this is the problem with all of the shopping cart delays in marketplace.  I will update asap and correct this.

My apologies for creating such a fuss over what is evidently a problem which I caused myself. 

Please disregard the information and Jira that I started.

Thank you, Zanara.

Check your transaction list on any Failed Deliveries, and if they have 2 or more items in the shopping cart,  here is a Jira that specifically addresses the shopping cart load failures.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4457

There will be a notation on your transaction list that says "Delivery Partially Failed"

It is not always clear whether they got the item or not.  For maximum customer service, you might want to check each one of those.  What is printed on that transaction page is not god's word.

Several here, in this forum, are saying that everyone is getting a refund on those failed deliveries.  That is not what I am hearing from customers.

Also, appears that if they send in a support ticket addressed to "failed delivery" category, probably looking at a 3 to 4 day wait, based on the tickets I have sitting there.  Keep that in mind on how that effects your own customer service reputation/shopping experience.

Keep in mind, that even though you may not be experiencing these shopping cart failures personally, many others are, and you can see those comments littered throughout forums and jiras over the last few months.

A significant amount of customers are experiencing these failures each day, and that effects the shopping experience on marketplace across the board.

If it is a problem directly related to a handful or two dozen merchants magic boxes, I've not seen a response from Linden Lab on how we can attempt to correct that.  But even if that is the issue, those continued failed deliveries for a dozen stores, will have an impact on whether or not those customers will choose to use marketplace again, which can meander out to your own store.

If it is something we have to wait on until Direct Delivery starts, well I am not sure exactly what the time frame is on that, but we've been waiting a year on that.  Another month of failed deliveries will have an impact.  Or will it be two months?

Also, the delay in response time for an issue with a failed delivery and refund in the marketplace will have an impact on a customer and will stick with them, possibly reducing their confidence level in marketplace shopping, which they will tell friends about.

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

Important Update:  Zanara has informed me that I am not using an updated version of the magic box, and this is the problem with all of the shopping cart delays in marketplace.  I will update asap and correct this.

My apologies for creating such a fuss over what is evidently a problem which I caused myself. 

Please disregard the information and Jira that I started.

Thank you, Zanara.

Mickey - I have never, at any point, said that old magic boxes were the sole reason for shopping cart-related delivery failures.

I merely pointed out that you had an old one, which is known to cause problems.

You're not the only person having cart-related failures you know.  There's been months of anedotal evidence on the forums.

You did notice that both Darrius and I added evidence on the jira for this? We weren't just making it up to support your case, you know. We're both using current boxes and have been for ages. And I can't speak for Darrius or anyone else, but I can say that on the rare occasion that I do get a failed delivery, it's usually either a cart or gift purchase.

I spent an entire week trying to get eyes on that Jira for you, me and others.  I will not lie - I needed it to work for me, too.  But in that process, when another merchant needs something to work - you have support.

Support comes in all forms.  We all have different skills to offer.

Your issue is solved.

If poking continually at a support friend, and embarassing in forum and Jira is how you accomplish your goals, then run with it.

My magic box is not the issue for all of the failed miscommunications and glitches in the marketplace this year.  At the very least, it demonstrates why very basic communication would be a perk for us.

This thread sat here long enough.  If you all want to watch, and poke and giggle at someone who comes to forum with a major issue....for a week.....

Have Fun.

I'm done with teamwork.

WEB4260 is not *my* jira nor *my* issue. No one owns a jira. I started it, as i have others, because an issue had been identified and there was no jira for it yet.

It's not actually of major consequence to me personally - I'm usually online at that time to deal with it anyway. But problems annoy me, and I like seeing them solved.

So at 2am i saw deliveries going through instantly again. I thought - hmm - wonder how a whole cart will go (since there'd been so much mention of the cart issue of late). So I tried and it was instant. Went back to my work then a while later thought - hmm - since I know mine's working, maybe i should test Mickey's and see how a cart of her stuff goes, then i could identify if the issue is local for her (if there are failures), or somehow related to the morning delay (if there aren't). I'm a geek, ok? I write code and solve problems all day. This is how i think.

Then I saw that half failed, and in looking at the box region location (so i could tell you which region's box did work, in case it was a region issue) I saw the name of the old SLX magic box. And reported that in the jira, cos that's what you do, and in your thread here because the information would be useful not only to you, but to other people with similar problems.

And you know? I was pretty excited. I thought - hey, this could be a major source of Mickey's problems. And it's an easy fix. Result! Happy geek!

But not so happy Mickey... You know what? Things happen. You have the choice of seeing the good or bad in them. If you think everyone is out to get you then that's what you'll see regardless.

You could try being happy that you have a simple potential fix for a major problem, which according to you has been losing you a stack of money and time for months. Or you can hate me for finding it for you. Your choice.

Thank you, Zanara.

I'm not convinced that my magic box is the issue with the entire marketplace and not convinced that is has anything to do with basic communication from the service provider....in fact, the oversight on my part, pretty much indicates a huge communication fail on that part - very, very basic.

As I pointed out to you elsewhere - I've got quite a mess to clean up for the rest of the week, and won't be able to test much, and won't have time left for your issues this week.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.