Charged $11.35 CDN between my Paypal account and Mastercard and have received 0L$.

Redzephyr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Hello Redzephyr.and welcome to SL Forums.  The charge of 1,00 US$ is not an actual charge, but an authorization that we request from your credit card company. Once the authorization is received, which confirms the account is valid, LL then rescind the authorization. At no time is the US$1.00 actually charged, though the authorization may appear on a credit card statement as such.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Officia​l:Billing_FAQ#Why_was_I_charged_.241.00_on_my_cre...

I don't know really if your problem is relative with the planned maintenance we had earlier Live Chat and Case submission systems. http://status.secondlifegrid.net/ For now, at first try to clear your browser's cache, or try a different browser and relog in your dashboard. If the problem remains (still after the maintenance) as already Irene mentioned, contact Billing Support. There are toll free numbers, available 24/7 You can also mail to: support@payments.secondlife.com

Yes, you'll need to contact Billing.

The small charges made to your card were "test transactions" to see if the card would work.  They should not show up on your next statement. But you should still check.

Note that Linden Lab does not accept most pre-paid cards.  If you have such a card, the best way to buy $L with it is to use a reputable third party site such as VirWox.

Also, avoid very small transactions.  LL charges a fixed transaction fee to purchase $L, and for small purchases that fee becomes a larger percentage of your cost.  I try never to buy less than $20 USD at a time, and generally more.

(My personal preference is to use PayPal, so I think you've made the right move, once you get the mess straightened out).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.